VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

midwest tongs gloves

Go down 
+9
Mike Spencer
Christoph Meyer
Markus Gottlieb
Bostjan Kraner
Tim Hallam
Michael Bollhorn
Patrick Vince
Harold van der Ploeg
Jeremy Hargett
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeremy Hargett

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-05-30

midwest tongs gloves Empty
PostSubject: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul - 10:21

Has anyone ever tried the puncture proof gloves sold by Midwest tongs I have heard very good things about them from a few South African keepers never used them myself just deciding if they are worth the investment
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul - 16:52

You mean the HexArmor gloves I guess.
I have a pair of them and use them for fieldwork on Vipera berus.
I would never rely on gloves. They are only puncture resistant and NOT punture proof. So you always take a risk handling venomous snakes with those gloves.

I also use them when I work with my snakes at home, but then it is only for extra safety. I do not handle my snakes directly when I wear the gloves, I use them in combination with other snakehandlingtools.

Concerning the quality of the HexArmor gloves... I think they are worth their money. I'm confident with quality so for, but in the field I wear an extra pair of leather gloves inside the HexArmor gloves. I have seen Vipera berus puncturing one of the three layers of the Hexarmor gloves. So keep that in mind.

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul - 18:07

Hi, where did you get your HexArmor in Europe ?
THx
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul - 22:09

I didn't buy them in Europe, the gloves came from MidWest (tongs.com).

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul - 2:48

In Europe you can get the tools from GladesHerp at Hamm-Expo http://www.gherp.com/
or by at eBay from a US guy.

http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=midwest+hook&_sacat=See-All-Categories
http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=midwest+gentle&_sacat=0&_odkw=midwest+hook&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
http://shop.ebay.de/i.html?_nkw=midwest+snake+tube&_sacat=0&_odkw=midwest+tube&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul - 17:32

Ok thanks both!
Back to top Go down
Tim Hallam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tim Hallam

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: midwest glove test   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jul - 20:51

hello all,
check out the glove test on Luke Yeomans www.kingcobrasanctuary.com
worth knowing if your buying gloves.

Cheers Tim
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 19:14

I would not trust this gloves with some bitis species.
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul - 20:28

Bostjan Kraner wrote:
I would not trust this gloves with some bitis species.

Have you read the article Tim linked above your post? It clearly says that elapids like cobras got the bite with the strongest pressure in all snakes, much more pressure than Vipers, so it does not matter that their teeth are longer

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Christoph Meyer

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 1:09

i can really approve the hexarmor glaves. without them i would allready had a hit from a bothrops neuwiedi. it stroke in a 180 degree rotation behind the front glas. just felt the head at my fingers......scary
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug - 1:16

I trust them entirely. They will stop a STRIKE from most vipers and elapids, BUT it is highly possible for a snake to 'chew' through them and get to you. The important thing is to not let a snake latch on and work it's fangs in. You can see this if you use a small sewing needle to try to puncture them. If you just stab at the gloves, it won't go through, but if you sit there for a few seconds and work it through the layers, it eventually gets through.

I have taken strikes from Crotalus cerastes, C. helleri, and C. scutalatus with the gloves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Patrick Waffek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Patrick Waffek

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec - 15:33

I made some experiences with the gloves too.
I can tell you they work. I did a King Cobra handling session at Luke Yeomans facility with my own pair of the Hexarmor gloves and caught a strong bite from one of his 3,5m Kings in the fingers of my left hand.
And although the snake was chewing on my fingers, the fangs didn´t go through.

In Europe you can get the gloves at:
www.snakeprofessional.com
Back to top Go down
Philipp Einfalt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Philipp Einfalt

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec - 17:13

@all!
Midwest Tongs wrote me that they offer the gloves no longer.
cheers
Philipp
Back to top Go down
Christian Bihrer
Christian Bihrer

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec - 17:47

We have also asked them, and they wrote the same answer to us!

Back to top Go down
http://www.unseregiftschlangen.de
Alexandru Strugariu
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexandru Strugariu

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec - 23:11

Patrick Waffek wrote:

Hi,

Could you (or anyone else who might have dealt with this website) please tell me if the hooks and tongs they are offering are the original Midwest ones and not some imitations ?

Thank you !

Back to top Go down
Patrick Waffek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Patrick Waffek

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-06-07

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec - 0:10

Alexandru Strugariu wrote:
Patrick Waffek wrote:

Hi,

Could you (or anyone else who might have dealt with this website) please tell me if the hooks and tongs they are offering are the original Midwest ones and not some imitations ?

Thank you !

Hello Alexandru,

the tongs and hooks is the original Midwest equipment. The guys from Snakeprofessional modify the tongs with a softtape around the grip. So it is more gental for the snake. Realy good.

Also i have realy good experiences with shipping.

Back to top Go down
Alexandru Strugariu
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexandru Strugariu

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeSun 19 Dec - 0:16

Patrick Waffek wrote:

Hello Alexandru,

the tongs and hooks is the original Midwest equipment. The guys from Snakeprofessional modify the tongs with a softtape around the grip. So it is more gental for the snake. Realy good.

Sounds great. Thank you very much for the info !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun - 3:41

Patrick Waffek wrote:

Hello Alexandru,

Not sure this is true, I've asked Midwest about Snakeprofessional and this is what they said:

"We don't know anything about these people. But we have had others say they
got equipment from them and it was not ours as they were lead to believe.
They said the equipment was junk and was trying to get there money back but
not having any luck. Beware. Thanks Midwest."

I know this is an old thread but I found it so someone else might as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: midwest tongs gloves   midwest tongs gloves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

midwest tongs gloves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: General Venomous Snake Keeping-
Jump to: