VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm

Go down 
+20
Rob Smit
Jon Davidson
Fabian Dirks
Bostjan Kraner
Guenter Leitenbauer
René de Jong
Wolfgang Wüster
Peter Zürcher
Tim Hallam
Michael Burmeister
Johan Söderström
Ralph Tümmers
Daniel von der Gablentz
Rémi Ksas
Joni hottinen
Richard Mastenbroek
Jelmer Groen
Roger Sharp
Markus Gottlieb
Carsten Frömberg
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Empty
PostSubject: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep - 21:30

Hi,

I just shortly want to ask if anybody has bought the Venom Defender Gloves of Snake Professional Limited.
They has had a table on the left in the venomous room.

Has anybody had contact with the sellers after saturday?
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep - 21:42

Hi Carsten

I looked on their homepage.....seems that something is wrong with them!

* PRODUCT RECALL *

*IMPORTANT NOTICE!*

IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED VENOM DEFENDER GLOVES AT the HAMM exhibition ON 11sept THEN CALL
0044 7720-295275!
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep - 23:12

Hi Markus,

yes I´ve seen this. So now I´m interested if anybody has bought some gloves there, too.

I try to reach them since yesterday by phone or mail...but no reaction.
Back to top Go down
Roger Sharp
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Roger Sharp

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep - 23:32

Markus Gottlieb wrote:
Hi Carsten

I looked on their homepage.....seems that something is wrong with them!

* PRODUCT RECALL *

*IMPORTANT NOTICE!*

IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED VENOM DEFENDER GLOVES AT the HAMM exhibition ON 11sept THEN CALL
0044 7720-295275!

just to update people with regards these gloves from SnakeProfessional.com. these have been tested and have no problems which i have witnessed myself, there seem to be someone that made a hoax and was attention seeking there is also a video of these gloves being tested at the King Cobra Santuary very shortly. so please keep checking on the site. the link is below

http://kingcobrasanctuary.com/
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 0:35

This info used to be on the site named above; I can't find it anymore though...
I got it from another forum where it was quoted. The message included a link but it doesn't work anymore;

http://kingcobrasanctuary.com/2010/09/12/important-warning-about-snake-proof-gloves/

Quote :

WARNING!

We have just discovered that the protective material used in the manufacture of the Hexarmor gloves ‘super fabric’ that we first tested at the IHS meeting in 2007, and again at the King Cobra Sanctuary in 2010 is no longer manufactured in the USA. Instead they are now being made in Pakistan where the gloves are assembled. These gloves are still sold as the Hercules R8E-3180 but now only have the protective material on the palm, side and knuckle.

We would strongly recommend that Hexarmor gloves manufactured outside of the USA are not used as protection against venomous snake bites. Check the small label on the inside of the gloves. The Hercules R8E-3180 gloves that we have tested and featured previously on this website have the national USA flag on that label.

Actually someone in the Netherlands got bit in the finger by an adult Naja kaouthia, while using the gloves from Pakistan.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 2:27

Now I´ve spoken round about 30 minutes with the seller.

Just some short information.
He told me that the information about the pakistan gloves is wrong. They are 100% identic with the US labeled ones.
On the little white paper, which was in the packing, you can see that they are secure everywhere.

He will now speak with the manufactorer why there is the information on the label, that they are only secure on the palm, side and knuckle.
He got the info of a bitte person, too. Now they have to proof if this is correct and what happend.

When they have all the information...they´ll put it on their site. He say round about monday.

If somebody feels not safe with these gloves...he can get his money back.
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 2:55

DO NOT TRUST THE GLOVES SOLD ON HAMM WHATEVER THEY TELL YOU I HAVE 2 PAIRS FORM THE BATCH AND BE NAILED TRUE THE GLOVE BY THE FIRST HIT OF A MONOCLE COBRA NAJA KAOUTHIA

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3102

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3104

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3107

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3106

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3108

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3126

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3138

regards

Richard
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Joni hottinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joni hottinen

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 3:09

lets try that with gaboon?
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 3:47

Strange enough a Crotalus durissus durissus did not get true but we tried it on a empty glove

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm ROB_3151crop
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 5:20

How are you Richard, was it a dry bite?

The fact with the rattlesnake, we all know elapids like cobras do have the bite with the most pressure.

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 5:27

thank god it was a dry bite. I have head numberous of angels that day on my shoulder

Back to top Go down
Rémi Ksas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Rémi Ksas

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 8:12

You're a lucky man, Richard!!!!

I hope that every buyers will be informed before a "not-dry" bite happens....

Back to top Go down
http://www.lancehead.fr
Daniel von der Gablentz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 14:56

Oh man i realy thought of buying these gloves in hamm.
I am glad that i did not buy them.

@ Richard
Thanks for the info of your dry bite.

I also hope evry buyer will get the information before soemthing happens.
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeWed 15 Sep - 15:45

Hello guys,
i got also a pair here... but originally Hexamor US one´s .
I think it´s always the problem ,that you cannot calculate ..."where" the bite is.
In this gloves there are different small hexagonal plates,so it´s of course importent how straight the bite happen.
For example a bite with long fangs under 45 degrees to the gloves ,will cause a bite trough.
I only use em to catch some elapids out of the cages to tail em , i´m right handler so i use it for the left hand and the hook in the right hand Wink
I tested the pucture resitance of the gloves with several injection needles ..., different thickness and pressure .
Untill 0,6 mm no problem and the needles will break , BUT after 0,9mm and thicker it will complicate and the point the needle hit the gloves is VERY importent.
We are handling venomous snakes and should not TRUST those utility´s 100% ...,maybe it can safe someone...but on the otherside some peoples can turn to less while handling the animals.
I would never handle my 20 pound Bitis rhinoceros with such gloves , that could causes damages to me and my snake .
Have a great day,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Johan Söderström

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 18:53

http://kingcobrasanctuary.com/2010/09/16/hexarmor-gloves-re-tested/

"Having now studied the evidence, it appears that claim that a Naja Kaothia pierced these gloves and caused a ‘dry bite’ was a possible hoax."

What do you think about this Richard?

/Johan
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 20:58

Is this a problem with the glove itself or the different manufactures? I have been thinking about getting a pair as a safety precaution but they are extremely expensive in South Africa.
Back to top Go down
Tim Hallam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tim Hallam

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 21:05

hi everybody,
interesting thread I think the bottom line is they are puncture resistant not puncture proof
as it happens they are highly puncture resistant and form a very useful and credible addition to a keepers "tool kit" if you do not understand or accept this fact then do not use them. as for comments about trying it with Gaboon vipers is suggest looking at other threads and online videos concerning these gloves
cheers Tim.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 21:10

probably it's just a problem of too high expectations and respectively simple common sense. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Johan Söderström

Male
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 21:32

I agree with Tim and Peter.
I don´t know if www.snakeproffesional.com claimed the gloves to be puncture proof or not.
Midwest (www.tongs.com) has a disclaimer saying:"NOTE: HexArmor® products are cut and puncture resistant, NOT CUT AND PUNCTURE PROOF. Do not use with moving or serrated blades or tools. Always perform a safety test before using products for hazardous applications. "
/Johan
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeThu 16 Sep - 21:39

Personally, I use them for photography when I move in close, and for associated handling. The idea is NOT to get bitten, but to have an additional safety barrier if something goes wrong. I have also used them to catch small vipers (e.g., Vipera berus)...

I certainly would not encourage a snake to bite a gloved hand, and would not keep my hand in a glove that is being chewed on by a cobra or other venomous snake.

As an aside, it is a bit harsh to accuse someone of a deliberate hoax (i.e., lie) without providing strong evidence of that. There are various possible reasons why a particular glove may have failed on one occasion, even if the product is normally safe - e.g., a poorly made seam on an individual pair, a duff batch, other damage to the material, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
René de Jong

Male
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 0:22

I agree with Wolfgang.

I would not use the gloves myself as i have seen the gloves the day after Richard got bitten and there was an actual puncture in the glove.
So it's a shame that an happening like this turns out in calling someone a liar without looking at the evidence that says otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 3:26

Quote :

As an aside, it is a bit harsh to accuse someone of a deliberate hoax (i.e., lie) without providing strong evidence of that.

You're right, Wolfgang.

As i already wrote to Richard by PM:
"Well, Richard, should be hard for you to proof that this story happened that way - on the other hand it should be as hard to proof for the company it did not...."

As long as nobody involved in this case can proof anything for sure, one should be careful with accusations of any kind.

I try to handle this in a way as serious and neutral as possible - therefore i've been asking the company by e-mail for an official statement here - without response yet....

regards

Peter
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 19:09

There's a new statement on www.snakeprofessional.com

"We are now pleased to inform you that Venom Defender gloves, made in Pakistan, are perfectly safe, and any stories of ‘bites through gloves’
are completely untrue."

I'd like to know what kind of investigations have led to this assertion and how they will proof that.

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 19:24

In these facts I´m interested, too.

Do you´ve got an answer Peter?
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 19:48

No, unfortunately i didn't, Carsten, and i'm quite sure i will not.
I have invited the company to register here and discuss this case in a fair, factual way. I think the customers do have the right to hear reliable, factual statements and not just unproofed assertions.

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm   Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom Defender Gloves in Hamm
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next