VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Scientific and common names

Go down 
+15
Ari Finsk
Peter Schulze Niehoff
David Nixon
Fabian Dirks
Martin Romanov
Michael Jonasson
Anze Gratzer
Bostjan Kraner
Guenter Leitenbauer
Björn Nilsson
Stephan Niemann
Sascha Beckhoff
Jon Davidson
Richard Mastenbroek
Peter Zürcher
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Scientific and common names - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug - 20:37

deleted

And some don't even keep venomous... and still stick the knife in!

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Sun 29 Aug - 21:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : defamation of other users)
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug - 20:41

I hope that wasn't directed at me... I was merely clarifying a point that was previously made by others, not trying to instigate anything any further.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Aug - 23:53

Posting from Jon Davidson and following post from Stephan Niemann deleted. No personal attacks, please!

Please calm down, Ladies and Gentlemen - otherwise I'd be sorry to close here!

and @David
where's the board rule saying non venomous keepers can't participate on general discussions?

Thank you

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 0:19

Peter,

In other words. You want things to calm down, but directly after that your are more or less pointing fingers at David. I think everybody has said what he/she wanted to say.

Can't we just quit this subject and continue doing what we have always been doing? sharing pictures and info of the animals we all love?
It's getting more and more quiet at this forum when it comes to interesting threads. I guess nobody is in favor of that.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 0:37

Quote :
but directly after that your are more or less pointing fingers at David.

no pointing fingers at all.
I had to remove a remark written by David, which could have affronted other users.
That's, beside other things, my job here.
Further on I asked him:
Quote :
where's the board rule saying non venomous keepers can't participate on general discussions?
This seems to be a legitimate question from my sight. Nobody here has the right to bar others from any discussion in my opinion. I didn't like the remarks of Jessica and cannot agree with most parts of'em, but i'll stand for her right to write it here!

Best regards
Peter

Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 0:44

i seen the complette post by david nixon so i have to agree with peters action there
for all the respekt i have for david and his knowledge it was not a nice tihng to say
wich was the reason i wrote such an asnwer to mr davidsons post wich peter deleted wich is ifne with me since he deleted the post calling my answer aswell
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 1:30

Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticising Peter's work as a moderator. I don't even know exactly what David said, so I'm not the one to judge that.

All I'm saying is that if we want to let things calm down, maybe at some point we should just let things be and continue with what we we're doing in the first place. In my opinion that would be the best for the forum and it's users.
Looking back at what this discussion was really about, I think everybody has made his/her point.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
David Nixon
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
David Nixon

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 5:47

Peter,

I have never spoken out of term on this forum, but you are missing the point my friend - close the thread and have done!

You are here to police the forum, and as it stands there is a riot in the street, and only you can stop it Smile

We all get on just fine, and if I'm honest I don't think anybody would dare to use such "common slang" about their poison pogo-sticks" from now on Very Happy Joke.....

Come on guys - spread the love.... it's Hamm soon.....

Best,

Dave
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandsreptiles.com

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 6:52

Compared to other forums I am a part of this is easily the most civilized discussion I have seen! I was slightly annoyed with the earlier comments which is what prompted my post but over all everything has seemed very well mannered and controlled even though some of us may vehemently disagree with others.
I hope that future disagreement remain as civilized as this has. Everyone has the right to their opinions and it is nice to see people acknowledge that fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scientific and common names   Scientific and common names - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scientific and common names
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3