VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Albolabris with blue scales

Go down 
+9
Guenter Leitenbauer
PeterMagnusson
Derek Morgan
Neven Vrbanic
Tiberiu Sahlean
Sven Foerster
Peter van Issem
Israel M. Sánchez
Roman Cesarec
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roman Cesarec
Roman Cesarec

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-11-22

Albolabris with blue scales Empty
PostSubject: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 0:49

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I would like to know if anyone here knows something about blue scales on the albolabris...

I have 0.2 last year's CB albolabris. I got 2.2 of them, but unfortunately the males had some deformations of the digestive system and died within 2 months...
The females are now healthy and they always ate regularly. Till now I fed them two times in three weeks, but I decided to slow down with that. I know it sounds too much, but they aren't fat at all...
They are now 84,7cm and 86,4cm in lenght and about 3cm in diameter.

As much as I know, albolabris are not considered to be very dangerous to humans, but when I feed mine (with live mice) they kill the mouse within 5 seconds (literaly... you can watch the video on my YT channel)... Is this normal?

And another thing are the blue scales... And there's a lot of them... The smaller one is completely green with only two small (cca 3-4cm long, 2mm thin) blue lines on her left side. The larger one has the whole right side spotted...

First a few ordinary shots...
(the pictures of the blue scales are below)

Albolabris with blue scales 148361_1635773408379_1058016772_1749446_4168866_n

Albolabris with blue scales 75348_1635775728437_1058016772_1749451_1668119_n

Albolabris with blue scales 25307_1388140857720_1058016772_1152346_4069146_n

Albolabris with blue scales 25307_1388140817719_1058016772_1152345_2995633_n

Albolabris with blue scales 156151_1643525402174_1058016772_1763839_5000893_n

Albolabris with blue scales 25307_1386481096227_1058016772_1147272_6843229_n

Albolabris with blue scales 36393_1455314817027_1058016772_1328432_2982906_n

Albolabris with blue scales 25307_1386481216230_1058016772_1147275_2116398_n

Albolabris with blue scales 25307_1386481136228_1058016772_1147273_7065186_n

Albolabris with blue scales 31509_1413044280290_1058016772_1211492_3817805_n

Albolabris with blue scales 39776_1486746842808_1058016772_1413652_6772396_n

Albolabris with blue scales 39776_1486747002812_1058016772_1413656_5673318_n

Albolabris with blue scales 39772_1489741077662_1058016772_1421316_4606757_n

Here are 3 pictures of the blue parts.
The blue dots appeared within only a week, and there are every day more of them...

Albolabris with blue scales 2010_113

Albolabris with blue scales 2010_114

Albolabris with blue scales 2010_115

edit: And yeah, this is not PhotoShoped...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/rviperc
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 1:02

Mine do not have those blue scales. They are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 1:02

Hi Roman,
it sound that you albolabris grow up like pigs. This growing is in my opinion to fast for such a species. In one year over 80 cm???? To much! You don´t see, that the inner Organs do not grow so fast like you think, when you watch a snake.Specialy the heart and the Liver! Maby this was the reason for the deth of the males?... Degestation problems -yes, maby to much food!? Male are always not so strong like the females, this is in manny species the same.

Blue scales: Yes, I have seen them manny times, not only by albolabris. You can find this in nearly all green species, sometimes more and sometimes less. Very often you find this in Ahetulla prasina. I has a female of Popeia ,,fucata´´ from an Malaysian island. This female has a lot of blue blotches. It has them since it was 25 cm. And still it hast them, but the don´t ,,grow´´ like in yours! That sounds intressting for me! Keep us updated about the process, maby in one year it is complytly blue Laughing

BTW: Very nice shots ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sven Foerster
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 1:27

Maybe it`s an other species than C. albolabris, there are some other pit vipers that looks very similar to C. albolabris, but have some small differnces.
For example T. hageni or T. popeirum looks similar, in the past there was a lot of imports from other species, that was declared as T. albolabris.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 15:13

Yes, that can be. Under the Name ,,C. albolabris ´´ are shure some species that actually not dirscriped, thats for sure. Actually we can anly say this is a typical albolabris in my opinion, look at the tail. When you compare some diff. Populations, you can see differences from smal to big. The future will show us more. But, to much feeding and to fast growing is not good for all of the members...And blue sports you can find everywhere. There are also some animals with yello spots, Where the color green is, you can find also very often blue and yello. Observe it from an other point: Mix Blue and Yello Color - what do you get? - Green...
Back to top Go down
Tiberiu Sahlean
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tiberiu Sahlean

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 16:53

From scalation on the head I would also say it is a typical albolabris.
Haven't seen these kind of patches on my animals, it will be interesting to see how it evolves as they mature.
That's an interesting preposition Peter Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tiberiusahlean.daportfolio.com/
Roman Cesarec
Roman Cesarec

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSat 27 Nov - 18:20

I'm definitely sure that's an albolabris, and I have seen other albolabris with blue scales...
But mine got this color change very suddenly... For about a year it was completely green and now, in just a few days, almost 20% of its body is turquoise blue... And it didn't shed or anything, the color just changed...
I know e.g. Morelia viridis (the green tree python) changes it's color from yellow into green, but that takes almost 6 months...
Back to top Go down
Neven Vrbanic
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 17:56

I have notice that in Croatia ans Serbia people have missconception that albolabris are not very dangerous. Keeping venomous snakes is on a very low levels in these coutries, and many missinformations are going around. I even read on one forum in this part of the world that people are claiming that ammodytes anitvenin is good for albolabris bite!!!
I know, I live in Croatia, and I witness what is happening around. In the past 5-6 years there has been at least 200 babies albolabris on the market here, and peple are either selling them for very cheep or even giving them away once they see noone wants them. AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NOT BE DONE WITH VENOMOUS SNAKES!!!
Do not get me wrong, I like albolabris, I have a few of them, but the last time I had babies was 8 years ago and I keep my animals separated since.
A though, it is true that albolabris is not as bad as many other venomos snakes, the venom is not a joke! 50% of snakebites in Indonesia are thought to be caused by Albolabris with 2.4% fatality rate!
In Croatia where there is high quality antivenin available for ammodytes bite we still have on average (just in the last 10 years) over one death per year by this snake. And many would also say: "Ammodytes is not very dangerous".
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 20:52

Maybe it's a cross breed C. albolabris x B. marchi! Very Happy I've had a few albolabris over the years and have seen many of them at snake shows and have never seen blue in any of them. I think it's a beautiful species as is, but even moreso with some turquoise splashed on them! Congrats Roman on a unique specimen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Roman Cesarec
Roman Cesarec

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 21:05

Neven, I know that all venomous snakes are venomous and that none of them is actually for beginners. And when I got them I knew what I was going into...
I'm just saying that I've never seen an albolabris killing a mouse so fast Wink
Back to top Go down
PeterMagnusson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 22:45

can it be cryptelytrops albolabris malaysian blue? just a tougth..
Back to top Go down
Neven Vrbanic
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 23:37

I have see ammodytes killing a mouse faster than mamba, but that info is totaly irrelavant.
Regarding this albolabris, since I know the origin of the animals that Roman got, is one big mix of albolabris from all different places some known some unknow localities.
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov - 0:12

Sorry, I can't see blue scales, but blue space between the scales.

But the photos are great, very well done Mr. Cesarec.

Cheers,
Guenter
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov - 1:53

PeterMagnusson wrote:
can it be cryptelytrops albolabris malaysian blue? just a tougth..

What´s that? Laughing

And berus ,,german brown´´;-) and ammoydtes italian gray........
Please create not more ,,morph names´´ we don´t need such.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov - 2:19

I would ask Raymond Hoser - maybe he will describe it as Cryptelytrops albolabris azureus *LOL*

I agree completely with Peter - do not make a "morph" out of every snake with a few aberrant coloured scales.

This snake just has a few blue or partially blue scales. It's not that uncommon in green snakes having some blue or yellow scales.

btw: "German brown" sounds a bit objectionable Laughing

regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Roman Cesarec
Roman Cesarec

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov - 6:41

So, actually the best possible explanation would be just the lack of yellow pigment on some parts of the scales?
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov - 23:36

Maby Roman, but no matter why or what it is - first it is a very nice snake. It shows us, what nature can produce. Sometimes we are standing there with an ,,open mouth´´ and we can not explane what or why it is like it is....

@ Peter: maby that sounds a little bit objectionable, but not in conclusion with a ,,smal and sweet snake´´ I hope for all brown berus!

Back to top Go down
Ralf Hallwaß
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeTue 7 Dec - 2:13

load of rubbish !
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeThu 9 Dec - 6:54

very nice captures and beautiful snakes
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeThu 9 Dec - 9:39

Ralf Hallwaß wrote:
load of rubbish !

you seem to be a nice person, 4 postings and a negative 4 reputation from members....
that is maybe because of your short replies and the way you express your mind..?!

Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Ralf Hallwaß
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeThu 9 Dec - 15:53

I am awfully sorry Mr.Lutz.I didn't know that i cannot Say what i think, if it does not find general approval.I promise to not do it again,But I personally think that's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Ralf Hallwaß
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec - 15:48

Addendum: A bulletin Board lives from the different personal Charakter from his Members.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec - 17:20

Ralf Hallwaß wrote:
Addendum: A bulletin Board lives from the different personal Charakter from his Members.

this is not a bulletin board, that's my board, and you follow the rules or you are free to delete your account.. you can show you different character at other boards if you wish... we talk and post if we have somethings to say, otherwise we prefer to shut up.. i suggest you do so too... thx

Back to top Go down
Ralf Hallwaß
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec - 18:56

that is "your" board mr.lutz, i don't know that, but i think i gave a good answer with this statement :

I am awfully sorry Mr.Lutz.I didn't know that i cannot Say what i think, if it does not find general approval.I promise to not do it again,But I personally think that's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec - 19:41

Dear Mr. Hallwaß,

venomland is known for, mainly, 3 things: professionalism, the usage of real names and for the way our member communicate with each other. ill received your pm, and i am glad we can stop here, without further discussions.

you asked me to explain "the rules" in your pm, well its very easy... respectful and professional communication with each other... everything else is build on that. if you follow our treats and if you take a close look in to our member area, you will find out- here writing many scientists from all over the world. some, who do not join any other forum at all, i can assure you, one reason is that we do respect each other, even, if our points sometimes are very different.

by the way, thats why, VenomLand is no democratize,

cheers
M.

p.s.: apologies accepted....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albolabris with blue scales   Albolabris with blue scales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albolabris with blue scales
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next