VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Zhaoermia CCTV Doku

Go down 
+7
Michael Bollhorn
Martin Romanov
Rainer Fesser
Jakob H. Christensen
Sascha Beckhoff
Andre Schmid
Jörg Porstmann
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Empty
PostSubject: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 17:20

Nice documentary of Zhaoermia mangshanensis...

http://english.cntv.cn/program/natureandscience/20101105/104838.shtml

Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 18:04

Amazing, thanks a lot Jörg for digging this out!
Back to top Go down
Andre Schmid
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Andre Schmid

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 18:49

Thanks for this Link !
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperas.de/
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 19:10

I´ve never seen a documentary of Zhaoermia mangshanensis before.
Thank you very much,Jörg.
Back to top Go down
Jakob H. Christensen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jakob H. Christensen

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 19:25

Thanks for sharing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jhcreptiles.com
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 20:14

Thank you Jörg, it is important that as many members of "our community" as possible get such information.

Who can continue justifying any purchase of wc-specimens of this species?

Rainer

Last edited by Rainer Fesser on Fri 4 Feb - 5:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 20:15

Thanks for sharing. I have no sound at this computer so I shall watch it later.

Is what the blurb below the video accuruate, that there are only around 300-500 remaining?

As I have just seen from further threads below this one that captive breeding is occuring so I would have thought collecting from the wild to be completely inappropriate now. Lets hope people are not so greedy as to do so.
Back to top Go down
Martin Romanov
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martin Romanov

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 20:59

It just shows me a black screen Sad
Back to top Go down
http://terraristic.net
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeThu 3 Feb - 23:07

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeFri 4 Feb - 0:13

Interesting... Thank you for posting this, Mr. Porstmann. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeFri 4 Feb - 2:58

Owen Roberts wrote:
Thanks for sharing. I have no sound at this computer so I shall watch it later.

Is what the blurb below the video accuruate, that there are only around 300-500 remaining?

As I have just seen from further threads below this one that captive breeding is occuring so I would have thought collecting from the wild to be completely inappropriate now. Lets hope people are not so greedy as to do so.

Hi Owen,
I think 300-500 of them will be not a serious count, but we all know, that this snake is very rare in Nature, because of there limited distribution. And after such a desaster, the sanke are much more rarer than before. IMO, the population will surrive for sure, but only without poaching of the last ones. Specialy the lage, adult females , to produce ,, CB Mang Vipers´´ for the trade. Or for the Soup Bowl of an Chinese Restaurant. A way that has gone a lot of them before.A lot of the old Population are dead for sure. Maby some has ,,make it´´, this smal Population is now the hope for the Future! Like we all have seen, a lot of the keeped specimens in the Conservation center has died too. The don´t remove them out of there, to bring them in better, heated rooms. I have never heare about the breeding of Mang Vipers there. So, IMO it will be much better to release them to push up the natural Population a little bit higher. Only my opinion. This snakes are very special, the will need a lot of years in the wild to grow up and come into an age to reproduce. In 20 or more years the No. of them can reach a ,,normal´´ Status. It takes time......and Fingercrossing from all.
Back to top Go down
Tim Leerschool

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeSat 5 Feb - 0:36

An interesting documentary! Thanks for posting.

Regarding the population numbers. It is without doubt that the species need help. The estimates of 300-500 will not be that accurate but it is still bad. Inbreeding and so forth can be dangerous things that can come into play with these kind op population numbers.

Next year I'm heading of for China and I hope to visit the area.

Hope the situation turned to the better by then!

Fingers crossed indeed,

Tim
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr - 4:01

awsome, any body know how to download it?? it is awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia CCTV Doku   Zhaoermia CCTV Doku Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zhaoermia CCTV Doku
Page 1 of 1