VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Zhaoermia mangshanensis???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Empty
PostSubject: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jun - 19:35

hi,
is there anybody who keeps Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? or do anybody know more about this species???
is it relevant for the terraristik???

in my opinion it is a beautiful snake, so I'm interested in any information.... study

cheers
markus
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markus_oulehla/
Christian Chudoba

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jun - 22:32

Zhaoermia mangshanensis grows big around 220 cm and gets near 4 Kg in weight.
They like big enclosers and tempratures not higher then 27 C°.

Some people hold the opinion that Zhaoermia mangshanensis can spit like some elapids do it.
It will assumed that they spit there venom like gabonvipers when they exale impulsive.

Theres are Papers about the Zhaoermia mangshanensis.

MEBS, D., KUCH, U., CORONAS, F. I. V., BATISTA, C. V. F., GUMPRECHT, A. & POSSANI, L. D. (2006): Biochemical and biological activities of the venom of the Chinese pitviper Zhaoermia mangshanensis, with the complete amino acid sequence and phylogenetic analysis of a novel Arg49 phospholipase A2 myotoxin – Toxicon Volume 47, Issue 7 , 1 June 2006, Pages 797-811.

Die Grubenottern der Gattung Trimeresurus (sensu lato) LACÉPÈDE Teil I: Anmerkungen zur Biologie, Haltung und Nachzucht von Ermia mangshanensis (ZHAO, 1990), SAURIA 4/2002

PROPOSAL FOR A REPLACEMENT NAME OF THE SNAKE GENUS Ermia ZHANG, 1993, Andreas Gumprecht and Frank Tillack, Russian Journal of Herpetology, Vol. 11, No. 1, 2004, pp. 73 – 76

cheers chris
Back to top Go down
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun - 3:28

Hi,

I've been keeping Zhaoermia mangshanensis since 2000. its a beautiful species, quite strange. It looks arboreal, but when given the chance, they will prefer to stay on the ground, but if they need to climb, they can be very agile, quite unlike other large terrestrial snakes. Hot temps usually don't affect them much, but if you want to breed them, then i think its better to keep them a bit cooler. We have had the temps here reach over 30 degrees and they were fine during summer.

Over the years i've seen and handled 30-40 of these snakes and none have ever spit venom at me. I've tried to agitate them to induce this response, but so far nothing so in my opinion this is only a myth.

I was successful in breeding this species for the first time in 2002, but after that each subsequent year we've not had any success at all. In 2003 and 2004 we had all infertile eggs, then 2005-2007 we managed to hatch the eggs, but all the babies were deformed. Kinked at the spine. I suspect it could be due to temperatures getting too high. Any ideas?

I have 2 females that are gravid this year, fingers crossed after the eggs arrive.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.zoocon.com/Herps
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul - 16:52

Sam - Do you have any new pics you can share of your ermia?

What do you feed them?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy Cederhag
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Jimmy Cederhag

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jul - 19:12

Yes, I think all of us would like to see som pictures of these lovly snakes Smile

Cheers
Jimmy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Feb - 8:25

There is a gentleman in florida a buddy of mine who produced several offspring this year that are up for grabs. Dan at DTS herp is his name check kingsnake.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis???   Zhaoermia mangshanensis??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zhaoermia mangshanensis???
Page 1 of 1