VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Various Atheris pics

Go down 
+7
Michael Bollhorn
Mario Lutz
Karsten Hoer
Andrew Hacket
Christian Moisander
Sonny Wiktorsson
Derek Morgan
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 20:36

If you guys are okay with it i´ll post some of my Atheris squamigera pics here too.

The Atherini genus is my all time favorite snake genus - tragically there are serious deficits i guess starting with the the husbandry and transportation in the country of origin ending with some missinformations at the end-consumer.
Just look at the high mortality rate of Atheris hispida. Makes me sad...

I really hope - in matter of the continued existence of Atheris hispida - that there will be projects and people in Africa who can achieve what you Mario did with all your breeding projects!

Well here´s now one of my squams: Hope you guys enjoy the pic. More will follow the next days :-)

Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Atheri10

Cheers
René
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 May - 21:14

Derek Morgan wrote:
Hi Kai

I have had a female strip the last 2 inches of skin off a male's tail and kill him. She later tried to kill another male, but he escaped. I had another female bite a male full on the head and he died.

Derek

WOW Derek, you sure got some nasty Girls in the states! i was thinking to come to the states end of this year, making some kind of Dia-Shows and stuff like this. but i think ill gonna change my plans.. violent place there Wink Laughing

cheers
Mario
(getting himself a JD now!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 May - 3:34

Very nice, René. I am thrilled that there are so many excellent photographers on these forums. I hope to discuss techniques at some point. I am also addicted to Atheris, so you're not alone. Afterall, they are the best, right? Wink I look forward to more of your pics.

Oh, come on, Mario! Women with a little spice in their attitudes is nice! Some of the Atheris women are sweethearts and wouldn't hurt any male, but others are majorly bitchy. Unfortunately, it's sometimes the hot ones that are bitchy and I have to take my chances introducing a male to them. What's a JD? Over here that would be a Jack Daniel's (whiskey). It IS Friday! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
René Ries
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
René Ries

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 2:23

Thanks Derek!
Of course they are the best!

Well here´s one more pic
Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Orange10

She´s one bitchy girl...like almost all girls lol!
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 20 May - 4:06

I just have to get atheris now , That red BITCH of yours is amazing , the head scales are so interesting on these specimens...
Thanks for the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 7:42

This is an interesting thread. I love the photos and it's very interesting to read people's experiences with different Atheris species. Hope to see and read, and above all, understand more, as I would really like to succeed with various Atheris sp. myself.

Hey René, nice photos and specimens. I really like the blue/green one with 'rusty' scales. You wouldn't happen to have a full body shot of that one, would you? Wink

Here's one of my males that I really like. The yellow edges on the head scales are something that I very much like on this guy.
Various Atheris pics - Page 2 P1050333

And a female from '07. Sorry, the head is out of focus and the color blurred, but the pattern is interesting.
Various Atheris pics - Page 2 P1050213
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 8:14

Another great photo, René! I've got some serious work ahead of me to learn to take photos like that. One day, I hope.

Yes, I dig that little girl's pattern there, Christian. I wonder if her black will become more heavily banded with time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 29 May - 6:58

It's interesting to see if she changes much with age. She's been pretty much that way ever since birth - perhaps a touch more greener now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 6:49

That purple squam is out of this world! Good enough to sacrifice a couple fingers! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct - 16:19

The green and black one is absolutely amazing, but then again all Atheris are!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various Atheris pics   Various Atheris pics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Various Atheris pics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2