VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring

Go down 
+12
Christian Moisander
Al Hyde
Fabian Dirks
Michael Burmeister
Bjoern Gotzmann
Sami Heikkinen
Walter Kidd
Jan Jonkman
Anze Gratzer
Louis Jacobsz
Andrew Hacket
Christoph Rothenbühler
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-07

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Empty
PostSubject: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 5:09

Hey Guys,
One of my most favorite species has his first offspring yesterday night. It was the first offspring from this animal. I'm very happy.
Here are a few pics of the juveniles and the tired mother. Hope you like it...

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico14

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico15

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico16

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico17

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles.c-ro.ch
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 5:12

Me Likey !! Great Job Christoph , keep us posted on the baby's progress...
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 5:21

Hi Andrew,
Thanks.
You have also made a fantastic job with your caudalis!

cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
Louis Jacobsz
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Louis Jacobsz

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-09-14

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 5:37

Christoph...WOW MAN...Congrats,they are stunning !

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ljafricancaptivebreds.co.za
Anze Gratzer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anze Gratzer

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 6:28

Very beautiful species! Big congrats!

Cheers,
Anze
Back to top Go down
http://fila-brasileiro.webs.com
Jan Jonkman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jan Jonkman

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 6:45

Stunning!!

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Walter Kidd
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Walter Kidd

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 7:17

AWESOME ! CONGRATULTIONS !!!
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 14:51

Nice! How many babies did you get?
I'm trying to find a male for my "Ituri" female...
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Bjoern Gotzmann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Bjoern Gotzmann

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 15:14

Hello Christoph,
Nice Job, concratulations from switzerland .....

Björn
Back to top Go down
http://www.leogo.ch
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 15:30

Fantastic Christoph! This is my all time favourite species and I’m so glad to see it being bred more regularly in captivity. Maybe I will be able to add some captive bred babies of my own in the future. Would you mind sharing how you went about breeding like the cycling of the parents and what temperature you kept your female at when she was gravid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun - 18:23

nice work, goodluck with em Cool
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun - 3:21

Hi at all,
Thank you very much for your congratulations.

@sami
The litter was very (very) small. It was the first litter from this animal: 4 dead babies, 2 slugs and 4 living Babies. I will hold back 1.1, the other 2 animals are allready reserved.

@michael
the animals are always separated. Between February and March the animals are in the same cage. I could see NO pairings. Therefore, I did not know that the animal was pregnant Wink
So I have made ​​no conscious changes in temperature and humidity: during the day: 22-25 degrees (in summertime sometimes 28 degrees), during the night: 18-22 degrees. The whole ground of the cage is full with living plants. In the first three years the animals have lived in plastic boxes and I have kept them extremely dark. More informations I will soon publish on my website...

cheers
chris
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun - 3:35

Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun - 20:18

Hi Christoph ..

Fantastic!! Well done , well done , well done! I'm really pleased for you .

So... Do you thibnk I was right ? The reason you lost babies before is because the temps were too high ?

So pleased for you mate
Al
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 0:43

Hi Al,
Please forgive me, but we had a conversation about my nasicornis before?
I was a long time away from the forums, maybe I have forgotten our conversation. I can't remember, that we have talked about the temps and I had never nasicornis-babies before... It was also my first attempt to breed this species.

Can you help me remember please? Very Happy

cheers
chris
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 2:20

Ah... Forgive me, Christoph Smile
I have got myself mixed up LOL!! It was someone else I held this conversation with .. sorry for the confusion .

But once again .. A huuuuge Congratulations!
Al
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 3:24

Ah ok, thanks a lot;)
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 17:37

Congrats Christoph!

Beautiful baby, and 4 is much better than none. Did you ever witness the female basking or expressing the desire to do so?
Btw, are yours actually from Ituri Forest, or are you just 'old-schooling' with that term?

Al, you might be thinking about our past discussions Smile
And for the record, I never succeeded over the years despite my efforts, so I gave up. Only unferts & stillborn resulted from the numerous matings I was fortunate to witness.
I consider this to be one of the biggest failures I've experienced.
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 23:58

Hi Christian ...
Yes, you're quite right , it was you and I that held the conversation ... please forgive my mess up ...

Sorry you didn't have success mate ... have you still got the adults? Mine was a failure last year too, my female produced 5 slugs and that was it .

I would really love to have a nose around in the ituri Forest... See exactly what colour variation there is ... Beautiful snakes above , absolutely beautiful , but they look no different from my Ugandans .
I was lead to believe that... the Ituri forest specimins had all the eastern traits , but differed in having blue down the sides instead of green ..
It's all a bit of a mystery
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun - 0:51

Hi Guys,

Quote :
Did you ever witness the female basking or expressing the desire to do so?
What do you mean exactly? Do you mean, whether the animal is searching the light in the cage?

the ituri-thing:
The animals was selling to me as Ituri-animals. A good friend of mine has organized the animals from an importer as CB-animals from a Ituri-Station and I trust him.
But I want to unleash a discussion of Ituri-animals. For me it is not important, make the animals the addition of "Ituri". The animals are beautiful and if desired, can I omit the words "Ituri" the next time. No problem for me Wink

cheers
chris
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun - 2:04

Hi Christoph Smile
I completely agree , not an issue with me either ... your animals are indeed beeeeautiful ! As are my ugandans .. I even think the drabber westerns are beautiful too.

I'm interested just from my study point of view as i've been looking at and learning about nasicornis for some 20 years now . There's so much mystery where this species is concerned . I'd love to look at the localities in the wild and pick out defining points where we could say .."That's a Ugandan because ... That's an Ituri because ..."

In my opinion, the Ugandans are just as beautiful as those i've seen labeled as ituri .

Yet again .. huge congratulations!! Very Happy
Al
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun - 5:29

Big congrat Christoph !!!!!!
My all favorite species with russeli !
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun - 17:33

Congrats Christoph ,
a great sucess Smile
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun - 18:21

Hey Ralph,
Thank you very much!

cheers
chris
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jun - 5:03

Here are some feeding pics of the little critters. All animals have eaten at the first attempt.
Hope you like it...

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico18

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico19

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico20

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Nasico21

chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring   [Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Bitis nasicornis] "Ituri Forest"-Offspring
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next