VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Hybrid Bitis - gabino

Go down 
+14
Omar Abraham Nelo
Sami Heikkinen
Carsten Frömberg
anthony lineberry
Kelly Chabak
April Mandel
Nigel Sowter
Marthinus C. Harmse
Jon Davidson
Manuel Reiss
Scotty Allen
Michael Bollhorn
Alex Zanotti
Bradley Kologek
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Bradley Kologek

Male
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-06-08

Hybrid Bitis - gabino Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 7:07

male 4 foot gabino. love this guy.

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-5

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-6
Back to top Go down
Alex Zanotti
Alex Zanotti

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 8:10

Wonderfull animal. Excuse me, but what does gabino?

Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 8:44

Hi Alex,

i´s a hybrid: Bitis nasicornis x Bitis (gabonica) rhinoceros

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Alex Zanotti
Alex Zanotti

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 9:07

puta que pariu.... Fabulous animal...

How mani was borned ? They are fertile ?

escuseme my english !!!! kkk
Back to top Go down
Scotty Allen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Scotty Allen

Male
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 18:20

Bradley Kologek wrote:
male 4 foot gabino. love this guy.

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-5

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-6

The question that begs to be asked is why?
Back to top Go down
Manuel Reiss
Manuel Reiss

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 18:38

Hi Scotty,

do you mean the question why this animal exists or rather why mate a Bitis gabonica with a Bitis nasicornis? Well, there are also hybrids of these species in nature, hybrids of Bitis arietans and Bitis gabonica as well. Ok, it´s an issue, but I think if they produce fertile offspring and have almost the same venom, there is a way to explain such "experiments". In my opinion the selective breeding of "scaleless" Bitis or Crotalus is much more abjective.

It´s a matter of taste. Essentially it should not go to expense of the animal.

Beautiful snake by the way Very Happy

Manuel
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 21:41

I understand Mr. Allen's question, precisely. Hybrid snakes do occur in the wild, just as polycephalic(two headed )specimens do, on occasion. In my view, to express doubt on the inferred rationale- that because freaks of nature are a known phenomenon in the wild, then, therefore, its acceptable to deliberately breed captive specimens in order to produce inbred novelties- is a legitimate question. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jun - 23:07

Not bad! Thanks for posting.

I still prefer the relevant species though.
Nice Ithuris or gabs still beat the hybrids.
Back to top Go down
Bradley Kologek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 2:45

the animal is a cross between rhinocerous and nasicornis both western locale animals. I agree that a good ituri blows this thing away. but i do like him too. I will get a good shot of the ituri soon and post it up, now that i learned how to post pictures. But i use a camera phone for all my pix, so the quality just isn't going to be there. Please forgive me.

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-17

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-19
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 2:52

Nice animal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 3:01

realy very nice these,i normaly dont like hybrids or morphs and stuff,but for these i make an execption Cool
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 4:12

How would you describe the personality of the gabino? More like B. gabonica, or more like B. nasicornis? I always found B. nasicornis to be more aggressive of the two species.
Back to top Go down
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 4:28

Wow, is that stunning!
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 5:51

Really cool looking animal, Bradley. Someone on another forum I am on posted a picture of a WC gabonica x nasicornis hybrid. They also bred some F2 hybrids that looked pretty cool as well. What I found interested was that in the F2 offspring, some of the babies head shape/pattern took after the nasicornis lineage, while others took more after the gabonica lineage.

WC gaboon/rhino cross
Hybrid Bitis - gabino 3965115353_323ae66b62_o

CB F2 hybrid babies
Hybrid Bitis - gabino 3964013371_2e8cd24db4_o
Back to top Go down
Bradley Kologek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 15:55

I'm not sure if they are fertile.

I am into frogs also, and sometimes in hybridizing the chromosomes don't line up correct and make sterile animals. SOmetimes in the frog offspring, the babies will grow up much larger in size in comparison to the parents.

those are nice specimens also Anthony

I think temperment depends on each individual animal and how its handler handles it. Most of these animals will settle down if they are handled correctly. Most.

i have seen rhinos that bob, and some that don't. I think the same goes for temperament. just my opinion.

Hybrid Bitis - gabino 2-21
Back to top Go down
Manuel Reiss
Manuel Reiss

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 18:58

anthony lineberry wrote:
Really cool looking animal, Bradley. Someone on another forum I am on posted a picture of a WC gabonica x nasicornis hybrid. They also bred some F2 hybrids that looked pretty cool as well. What I found interested was that in the F2 offspring, some of the babies head shape/pattern took after the nasicornis lineage, while others took more after the gabonica lineage.

WC gaboon/rhino cross
Hybrid Bitis - gabino 3965115353_323ae66b62_o

CB F2 hybrid babies
Hybrid Bitis - gabino 3964013371_2e8cd24db4_o

Hi there,

very interesting. One has the head of an Gabonica, but the colour of a Nasicornis and reversed. How old are they now? Are there already details about their fertility?

Regards,

Manuel
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jun - 22:10

The pic of the F2 hybrids is really interesting.

I hope I can 'abuse' this thread a little bit...here are some pics of my now 2 1/2 year old Hybrid between Bitis arietans x Bitis nasicornis (Nashpuff)

Hybrid Bitis - gabino Nashpuff
Hybrid Bitis - gabino Nashpuff_4
Hybrid Bitis - gabino 1280_3134353531303361
Hybrid Bitis - gabino 1280_3132303465643735

I wonder in which direction it would tend...it behaves like a puff adder.
The preferred temperature is round about 28-30 degree. It reacts fastly stressfull and agressive and show the for puff adder typical defence behaviour incl. pumping, hissing and L-Form.

Regarding Bitis Hybrid´s...here are some of my personal aspects:

- Hybrid between B. arietans x B. gabonica and B. gabonica x B. nasicornis occur in nature/wildness. I think that Hybrid´s between B.arietans and B.nasicornis in the wildness are possible, too. They occur in the same countries/areas and maybe sometimes in the same Habitat. So I think this is not complete impossible.

- They are not a bluff package. You see that these Snakes are Hybrid´s. OK...in F2 Generation this can be maybe more difficult.

- The Venom composition. A bite of one of the group of the big Bitis is fatal. It doesn´t matter whether it has been a "pure" Bitis or a Hybrid bite. Anyway it´s a medical emergency.
I and some other people think that there will not develop/arise a complete new venom and the polyvalente Antivenin for the big Bitis group will fit/work out.
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jun - 22:30

Damn those both look nice!
But I really love that nasipuff!

Hmm.. should I get arientas male for my "ituri" nasi female Razz
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Omar Abraham Nelo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Omar Abraham Nelo

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul - 23:01

wow i don't belive!!!! that hibryd soy crazy colors.... but so beutifull.. great job!! is not naturally of the evolution. but realy so beautifull..... very nice!!! i like your snakes... jejeje
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul - 23:31

quite the opposite! hybridation is part of evolution! there are a lot of papers about it all, humans, bears, fish, every groups are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Arjan Breedveld
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Arjan Breedveld

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 4:01

My opinion is that all shown hybrids dont look that much diffrent then the normal gaboons, nasis or puffs.
And to be really honest. The hybrids mis something what makes gaboons, nasicornises and arietans so special.

They are (with parviocula) Bitis's biggest and are individually so diffrent from each other.
And that's what makes the big Bitises verry special.
You lose that diversity with hybrids.

On the other hand, I do find it interesting when it occurs in the wild.
But the normals look so much better cheers .

Really..no hard feeling.
Greetings,
Arjan.
Back to top Go down
Nojus Simoliunas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nojus Simoliunas

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct - 1:51

Oh! Very nice variants!
Back to top Go down
Arthur De Sena Santos
Arthur De Sena Santos

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct - 2:46

My reaction after seeing the photos in this thread

Hybrid Bitis - gabino Mother10
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct - 4:15

Arjan Breedveld wrote:
'My opinion is that all shown hybrids dont look that much diffrent then the normal gaboons, nasis or puffs.
And to be really honest. The hybrids mis something what makes gaboons, nasicornises and arietans so special.

They are (with parviocula) Bitis's biggest and are individually so diffrent from each other.
And that's what makes the big Bitises verry special.
You lose that diversity with hybrids.

On the other hand, I do find it interesting when it occurs in the wild.
But the normals look so much better cheers .

Really..no hard feeling'.
My thoughts exactly; and well said, Mr. Breedveld. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid Bitis - gabino   Hybrid Bitis - gabino Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrid Bitis - gabino
Page 1 of 1