VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017

Go down 
+31
Dennis Malm
Nate Cerniglia
Alexandru Strugariu
lukasz szewczyk
Peter Davies
Dylan van den Berg
Greg Spencer
Michiel Kooiman
Nojus Simoliunas
Giannis Gavrilidis
Franz Schönen
Markus Drnovsek
Sebastian Arvidsson
Conny Larsson
Martin Romanov
Simon Ball
Ronald Streeter
Tom Winters
Bostjan Kraner
Ro vd Bergh
Nigel Sowter
Stefan Anthonijsz
Guenter Leitenbauer
Peter Zürcher
Jorg Schenkels
Andre Schmid
Alex Forzudo
Rainer Fesser
Mike Spencer
Jean-Pierre Linossier
Markus Oulehla
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex Forzudo
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alex Forzudo

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct - 21:11

Great Markus, I like the shots of non-venomous too! I really love european snakes, as Zamenis Situla... I have both blotched and striped Smile
Naja Nigricinta lacks the speach!
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct - 21:53

Looks like I have to visit the Zoo once. Good pics and a lot of fantastic snakes.

Cheers, Ro.
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Oct - 1:24

Thank you guys for the nice feedback Very Happy

Dendroaspis angusticeps
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Dendroaspisangusticeps5-1

and some crotalides
Crotalus basiliscus
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Crotalusbasilicus2

Crotalus horridus "atricaudatus"
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Bim345

Cryptelytrops macrops female
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Cryptelytropsmacrops

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markus_oulehla/
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 2:31

Few more pictures, i hope you like them too Smile

Agkistrodon bilineatus in his hiding place
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Tag6-14266

Cryptelytrops insularis female
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Cryptelytropsinsularis1

and another pic of a juvenile Crotalus durissus terrificus
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Crotalusdurissusterrificus3

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct - 5:02

Awesome shots!

Best regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Tom Winters
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov - 6:36

Ro vd Bergh wrote:
Looks like I have to visit the Zoo once. Good pics and a lot of fantastic snakes.

Cheers, Ro.

Its more than worth it... I can asure you. That goes for the indoor exibit, as for the outdoor exibit. Even just the setting of the place and the countryside views a worth the drive up there. Peter, do you still have the Crotalus simus tzabcan? Thats one that especcially got stuck in my memory... Nice pictures

Regards...

Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov - 17:35

Must be a long time ago since your visit, Tom - i had tzabcans in the very early years of my zoo and they died away in 1996 or 1997. I've got them from a mexican zoo in 1994 and unfortunately i haven't been successful in getting them in normal, healthy condition.
regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Tom Winters
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov - 1:33

Peter Zürcher wrote:
Must be a long time ago since your visit, Tom - i had tzabcans in the very early years of my zoo and they died away in 1996 or 1997. I've got them from a mexican zoo in 1994 and unfortunately i haven't been successful in getting them in normal, healthy condition.
regards
Peter

Yes it was a (to) long time ago, the birds where still going on food back then. I think it was in the summer of 1997, I probably still have some pictures of them around here, some place. I went herping in Charinthie each year on my own for several years in the late '90, to observe Vipera ammodytes in the wild, until 1999. Now that you mention it, I saw them only ones. The only other C. s. tzabcan that I've know of, in captivity was right here in Belgium (Antwerp). That one reached atleast 14 years and was truely a monster in size. I still have moving pictures of that one on VHS film.

Regards... Tom.
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov - 9:15

Too bad Peter, i've just seen very few pictures of tzabcans but i really enjoyed them...
I would really welcome the opportunity to get them in front of my lens!!!

Well, there are so many other scaly models in this awesome collection... Razz

Crotalus durissus terrificus
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Crotalusdterrificus

and one of my favourite pictures taken in one of Peters great outdoor-enclosures: pair of european green lizards Lacerta viridis
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Lacertaviridis2-1

regards
Markus

Last edited by Markus Oulehla on Wed 30 Nov - 20:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov - 18:06

Outstanding picture of these green jewels, Markus.
It's okay to take pictures at work, but to take better pictures than your boss does is just barefaced *LOL*
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov - 18:32

Markus stop these immediately, You are endangering my existence with such good photos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Tom Winters
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov - 6:39

Peter Zürcher wrote:
It's okay to take pictures at work, but to take better pictures than your boss does is just barefaced *LOL*

Laughing Laughing Whahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov - 12:15

Thank you for the nice comments Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
And Guenter, hope to see you at Peters place next summer, I'd really like to photograph together with you Cool

one more Naja annulata picture Wink
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Najaannulata3

good night
Markus
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov - 18:44

Another picture of one really nice snake in Peters collection Smile

fierce snake Oxyranus microlepidotus
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Oxyranusmicrolepidotus5-1

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov - 20:59

I have some more pictures I really like and want to share with you Smile

Macrovipera schweizerii
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Macroviperaschweizerii

adult Naja haje male farao
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Najahaje1-1

juvenile Naja annulifera
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Najaannulifera2

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
Ronald Streeter
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Ronald Streeter

Male
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul - 14:25

I just found this picture of the Green Mamba/Dendroaspis angusticeps. Thank you for posting the most beautiful Green Mamba picture I have ever seen.

Peter Zürcher's Reptile Zoo looks amazing! I like the way it looks so tropical from the outside. And the inside exhibits are wonderful too!

Regards Ron
Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 17:20

Thx!

And I think it's time for some new pictures from this years summerjob in this outstanding exhibition Wink

Naja philippinensis female
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 8003742899_3608369752_b

Naja annulata
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Nockalm12696

Naja pallida
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 8003631867_0e1e2de8c7_b

Agkistrodon contortrix pictigaster
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 7970753696_b1cbf25b3d_b

Hope you like them as much as I do Razz

regards
Markus

Last edited by Markus Oulehla on Thu 20 Sep - 20:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simon Ball
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 18:00

"Hope you like them as much as I do "

You bet, Markus. Outstanding photographs of great specimens. Well done.

Back to top Go down
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul - 5:58

Well, here are some new Very Happy

Crotalus horridus
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 7679445230_945aed5bee_b

Bitis rhinoceros, one day old What a Face
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 7679440404_833ae6c10f_b

juvenile Naja samarensis
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Nockalm121047

Oxyuranus microlepidotus
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 7970763408_a78c24b85b_b

regards
Markus

Last edited by Markus Oulehla on Thu 20 Sep - 21:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Martin Romanov
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martin Romanov

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jul - 21:02

Wow that's the darkest rhinoceros I've seen Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://terraristic.net
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Aug - 6:44

I don't know if the colouration becomes brighter in juvenile Bitis rhinoceros, butsome of the individuals were/are quite dark...
Here's another picture of one of the youngsters
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Nockalm129302

and one of Peters canebrake rattlesnakes
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Nockalm1291

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
Conny Larsson
Conny Larsson

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug - 3:59

Very nice pictures of beautiful snakes!
Back to top Go down
Martin Romanov
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martin Romanov

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Aug - 5:23

Awesome animals. I will definitely visit this place someday. I hope sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
http://terraristic.net
Markus Oulehla
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Markus Oulehla

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep - 3:28

Some more...

Boiga dendrophila melanota
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 8003649878_9949dca168_b

Cerrophidion godmani
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 8003653269_f8d51379c8_b

Naja annulata
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 8003656074_4c1d7e4036_b

and the last for today, a cool snapshot I took while feeding the snouted cobras Very Happy
Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 8003636787_cdf9e9eba7_b

regards
Markus
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep - 5:21

very nice pics and snakes! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017   Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictures from Peter Zürcher's reptile zoo ...Update 2017
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next