VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

A few Tropidolaemus

Go down 
+5
Bartholin Yann
Tomas Bublik
Christoph Rothenbühler
Christian Moisander
Tom Charlton
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-04

A few Tropidolaemus Empty
PostSubject: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul - 5:44

Here are some pictures of some Tropidolaemus sp. that i have come across on my travels.

The first two represent the sub-species T.subannulatus. Both were caught in northern Borneo back in 2004.

First off, a juvenile

A few Tropidolaemus 379boreno_waglers-med

Next, a sub-adult female. I love this colouration, similar to those found on Sulawesi.

A few Tropidolaemus 379sulawesi_wag_2-med

Next, a sub-adult T.Wagleri caught in Bukit Lawang, Sumatra, early this year. Does anyone know if this is the final colour of adults or do they go darker with age?

A few Tropidolaemus N740380065_2065744_2864

A juvenile T.Wagleri caught on Penang island, Malaysia, late last year. We caught five in the space of 20 minutes in this particular area.

A few Tropidolaemus N740380065_2143740_6854

And finally, one of 6 babies from malaysia i am currently caring for.

A few Tropidolaemus 379IMG_4154-med
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomlogic.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul - 12:28

The second one is outstanding, I love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 0:52

Tom Charlton wrote:
Absolutely amazing man. this "morph" is one of my favs in the t-complex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles.c-ro.ch
Tomas Bublik
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tomas Bublik

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 6:38

Hi Tom!Nice animals.Up to your question about the coloration of the Sumatra form T.wagleri-yes,this subadult female certainly will be darker,can be almost black with yelow strips....
The fourth one photo is an adult male I think....
Back to top Go down
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 19:54

Thanks for that Tomas, and looking at the animal caught on penang i reckon your right, it is an adult male.
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul - 21:50

this is one of the two called kalimantan morph of tropidolaemus subannulatus immaculatus group, the other form has the same color but dots replace the classic barred pattern you can see on page 133 of venomous snakes of Asia form Gernot Vogel, the closest Sulawesi morph is an insular morph sold me as selayar:
sorry for the bad quality shot i've take it with my cellphone during hydration
A few Tropidolaemus Dscn1112
adult female selayar bought in hamm December 08(quarantine racks)
A few Tropidolaemus Dscn1113
young male born from wc female (selayar) in 2007 bought in hamm (quarantine racks)
A few Tropidolaemus Dscn1114
sulawesi female(sunjui) also in quarantine
A few Tropidolaemus Dscn1115
the male(sunjui)
all my waglers are kept in dry terrarium i give them water twice a week and sometimes the males take a drink only one time
i'll take photos on their terrarium soon, i don't have any camera!

best regards
Bartholin Yann

Last edited by Bartholin Yann on Fri 24 Oct - 20:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul - 18:08

If anyone has more pics of the kalimantan-morph, please post them Wink

chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles.c-ro.ch
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul - 21:01

WOW great collection, i am really interested in this species
Back to top Go down
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul - 21:06

Those are some stunning animals you have there Bartholin, that sulawesi female is stunning! Does anyone know if there will be any Sulawesi Waglers available at Houten snake day in October?
Back to top Go down
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul - 21:51

Houten snakey day? is this reptile expo?
Back to top Go down
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul - 23:02

Yeh its a reptile expo in Holland, they have several every year but only one dedicated to snakes
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul - 22:41

Great photos Tom! I am jealous that you were able to see all of these snakes in the wild. It's a beautiful and diverse species for sure. And thanks for adding your pictures, Bartholin. I may have to keep some of these guys one day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul - 7:19

Tom i can found indonesian waglers at the end of the year or early 2009 all indonesians forms, also "light blue" T.sumatranus!
i'll tell you i promise
for houten maybe you will see female wagleri from malaysia or thailand, some german importers sell few of them there!
go on terraristik anzeigen/reptilien server in google search put the site in english and check regulary venomous classifieds you will find the guys, some members here use this forum, you may know it!
for infos about german importers who import regulary waglers send me a private message!
regards
Yann Bartholin
Back to top Go down
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jul - 19:05

i love your herping photos, truly a gem to see these guys in the wild.

the vipers drink by just squirting water on them?
Back to top Go down
Arcy_Salvacion
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul - 23:41

how often do you hydrate them?
Back to top Go down
Paul Nelis

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul - 1:12

Hi Tom,
Nice photo's, you have some really stunning animals there.
Here's a picture of one of my girls
A few Tropidolaemus Female10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few Tropidolaemus   A few Tropidolaemus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few Tropidolaemus
Page 1 of 1