VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Pictures of Bitis heraldica

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Pictures of Bitis heraldica Empty
PostSubject: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 3:15

In a forum from south Africa I see two pictures, that shows a Bitis from Angola. It looks that this are the first images of Bitis heraldica. Did anny of our members from SA have some more informations about, or better some more Pictures than this two? Maby now one of the last ,,Phantoms´´ are now on stage ;-)
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 3:33

http://www.sareptiles.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=27450

Bitis heraldica:

Pictures of Bitis heraldica Angolan_Bitis_1

Pictures of Bitis heraldica Angolan_Bitis
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 3:36

Yes, this are the two pictures . I don´t want to copy and paste them for an other forum.
But maby there are some more or aditional ones...
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 5:38

Hi Peter
Yes these do seem to be the first shared photographs of Bitis heraldica. They were taken by a fellow who didn't really understand the significance of what he was photographing.
As far as I am aware these are the only 2 images taken, I am busy making sure. If I can get more I will be sure to post them.
The snake was released.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 6:22

Lovely Stuff !!! What a unique looking head shape for a Bitis. I think your talent is wasted as a Draftsman Rob you should be a professional treasure hunter, Private Investigator or work for the C.I.A or something Razz
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeWed 7 Dec - 14:42

Thanks Rob,
that´s what I aske for! It´s always good to see, that this species is not longer an phantom. A lot of possibilitys was thinking on them. Like: lives in the underground or so on. It looks to me, as a typical member of the dwarf Bitis from southern Africa. So, there Live will be adapted on this way. You has the locality informations right now, so we can hope for more Pictures in the near Future. Thats great!
And last bot not least: A very colorfull Bitis also! I know only the drawing and the preserved alkohol specimen.
Back to top Go down
Carlos Villalba
Carlos Villalba

Male
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec - 21:06

....... lovely achievement ¡¡ thnkz for sare ¡¡

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures of Bitis heraldica   Pictures of Bitis heraldica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictures of Bitis heraldica
Page 1 of 1