VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Venom Defender/ HexArmor

Go down 
+3
Carl William
Tim Hallam
Navreet Notey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Navreet Notey

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-12-17

Venom Defender/ HexArmor Empty
PostSubject: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec - 9:53

Just wondering, how many of you actually use either Venom Defender or HexArmor gloves? Whether you would recommend purchasing them, and how easily are you able to manoeuvre your fingers in them etc.

Thanks,

Nav
Back to top Go down
Navreet Notey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec - 9:11

Just want to know which one was thought to be better, as there seems to be quite a price difference between the two...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec - 22:18

Hey Navreet,
both gloves are hexarmor gloves. Snakeprofessional gave them a new name but its still the same.
You can receive them through Midwest. Midwest named them "Animal Gloves".

Regards
Michael
Back to top Go down
Navreet Notey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec - 23:15

Michael Dittkuhn wrote:
Hey Navreet,
both gloves are hexarmor gloves. Snakeprofessional gave them a new name but its still the same.

Regards
Michael

Oh, I didn't realise they are both the same. Thanks for the info!

Nav
Back to top Go down
Tim Hallam
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tim Hallam

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 1:31

Michael Dittkuhn wrote:

Regards
Michael

sorry but WRONG

the Hexarmor gloves Midwest sell are the Hercules R6E and only offer partial protection to back of hand,palm and digits the gloves Snakeprofessional sell are the Hercules R8E which are entirley made using superfabric hence the increased price.

believing R6E are the same as venomdefender gloves could prove a very costly mistake.

I've just checked the Hexarmor website and they no longer show the R8E so not sure what's going on there.
may be it's time to buy some venom defenders while you still can?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 3:17

Hey Tim,
you're right. I didn't realised that Midwest don't sell the R8E anymore. A year ago, maybe a little longer, they have also sold the R8E.
I have googled some Websites and found some pages.

http://www.samcoproducts.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1459

http://www.sharpesafety.com/catalog/product-display.php3?ID=1127

Same product but a little cheaper in price.
Sorry for the wrong information.

Regards Michael
Back to top Go down
Navreet Notey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec - 3:40

Thanks guys! I will order them soon then, it it's looking like they are going out of production.

Nav
Back to top Go down
Carl William

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 1:00

So the Hercules R8E is the "best" glove to go? Quite costly but can never be too safe. Would be a bummer to buy a 200£ glove and find out it isn't the best option.
Back to top Go down
Helen Houghton
Helen Houghton

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 3:14

I bought the Hercules R8E gloves - and I really like them. I find them useful for removing water bowls and spot cleaning etc, and have occasionally used them during feeding times BUT dexterity is severely compromised so I would not use them during handling of any kind.

Interestingly, I find them most useful for keeping the snake calm as they dont notice my heat signature and therefore hardly react.

I'll be honest - I dont use them as much as I expected I would, however I do not regret my purchase Smile
Back to top Go down
lukasz szewczyk
lukasz szewczyk

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 3:23

the best solution is to not put your hands where they do not need Twisted Evil I use welding gloves only for small species Cool
Back to top Go down
Navreet Notey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 6:09

Thanks guys.

Yeah I don't think I'm going to bother with them just yet anyway.

However Hexarmor have replaced the R8E with the NSR3041 which has the same level of protection but doesn't go as far up the arm as the former. They are around £100.

http://www.safetecvision.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductCode=HEX3041

You can get them cheaper than that, but that's just a link for anyone that wants to see what the new model is like.

Back to top Go down
Helen Houghton
Helen Houghton

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 6:17

Navreet Notey wrote:
Thanks guys.

However Hexarmor have replaced the R8E with the NSR3041 which has the same level of protection but doesn't go as far up the arm as the former. They are around £100.

You can get them cheaper than that, but that's just a link for anyone that wants to see what the new model is like.

Thanks for showing these! Smile

They look identical to the R8E just shorter, but I personally wouldn't go for these shorter ones as you still wouldn't have finger dexterity, but you would lack arm protection. Obviously the shorter ones would be ideal if your job was picking up hypodermics etc!

The only time i really find the R8E 'valuable' is when changing water bowls or cleaning etc - therefore really you need the arm protection as well as the hand. Also - as i mentioned previously - i find the 'heat blocking' property of the gloves very valuable, again you'd really need the longer ones.

Its a shame they dont make any 'small' size gloves as they drown me, and I dont have particularly tiny hands. Does anyone with larger hands find them useful for handling etc (with tools obviously)? Or are the gloves still 'cumbersome' even if tightly fitting?
Back to top Go down
Navreet Notey

Male

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 7:58

Helen Houghton wrote:
Navreet Notey wrote:
Thanks guys.

Thanks for showing these! Smile

They look identical to the R8E just shorter, but I personally wouldn't go for these shorter ones as you still wouldn't have finger dexterity, but you would lack arm protection. Obviously the shorter ones would be ideal if your job was picking up hypodermics etc!

The only time i really find the R8E 'valuable' is when changing water bowls or cleaning etc - therefore really you need the arm protection as well as the hand. Also - as i mentioned previously - i find the 'heat blocking' property of the gloves very valuable, again you'd really need the longer ones.

Its a shame they dont make any 'small' size gloves as they drown me, and I dont have particularly tiny hands. Does anyone with larger hands find them useful for handling etc (with tools obviously)? Or are the gloves still 'cumbersome' even if tightly fitting?

Hey Helen,

Yeah I agree with you, the new ones are kinda pointless for the job in mind, but they aren't made for venomous keeping really Wink lol.

Might eventually get the R8E but then again the snakes I'm starting out with are very small so hands in the way won't (shouldn't) be a problem. I think they might be good for protection when dealing with arboreal vipers that can climb quickly - just for extra protection. Are they quite stiff then ?
Back to top Go down
Tomaz Jagar
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeSun 5 Feb - 19:59

I have R8E gloves, I got them mainly for viper fieldwork and for this purpose I find them very good.
Before I used dual welding gloves, but those were extremely awkward and still got an ammodytes biting through them - no invenomation, but I felt the fangs coming through the gloves...

These are not fieldherping flipping gloves as abrasion would damage them quickly, but for handling specimens for taking samples etc. are much better than any other method (for me at least).
Back to top Go down
Paul Rowley
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar - 3:22

We have a pair of the R8E at work... bought for testing and in case there is ever an escape while I'm not there and other less experienced members of Staff need to use them.

I have used them once to keep a saw-scale viper calm and in position for O'Shea and Wuster to photograph. I generally don't use them and I sure would not trust them given that I can poke a hypodermic needle through them without too much trouble. Don't forget that these gloves are only NEEDLE RESISTANT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom Defender/ HexArmor   Venom Defender/ HexArmor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom Defender/ HexArmor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: General Venomous Snake Keeping-
Jump to: