VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Sorry, Deleted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan - 22:29

Deleted.

Last edited by Mateusz Zieliński on Wed 22 Aug - 18:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rafał Broński
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rafał Broński

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan - 23:22

Nice...
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan - 23:35

Hello Mateusz,
a nice looking snake, did you have some more informations about it? The coloration of the tail looks a little bit starnge to me, it will be nice to know from wich locations he is from!

thanks,

Peter
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 3:19

Hello Peter and thanks !

I don't know from which locations he is from, I don't have contacts with last previous keeper, but probably in wietnam, and he is CB04.

Last edited by Mateusz Zieliński on Tue 10 Jan - 4:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 3:56

Hi,
I´m a little bit suprised, than for me it looks like a typical Trimeresurus albolabris. Because of the Tail, your snake displays a typical Tail coloration for the ,,albolabris Group´´ a compl. brown Stripe, not like a typical ,,stejnegeri´´ type: spotted and not so clear. Also the Head looks to me like a member of the albolabris group. Thats what makes me so feed so...
Mising the red stripe can be possible.. I don´t know and why not.
If you intrested, I will add a picture from a typical male Tail from a Tam Dao, Vietnam Male.?

Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 4:08

Ok, send my if you want, here? I buy him as Viridovipera stejnegeri stejnegeri, and when I watch any other picsture on this species he looks very similar.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 4:21

Ok Mateusz,
here are two Pictures from my Male V. stejnegeri. The is the Local Variant from Tam Dao, Vietnam.

Sorry, Deleted V_stej10

Sorry, Deleted V_stej11

maby you can compare it with yours, look with attention to the Nasalia, it must be divided! Typical sign for the Members of the Viridovipera and Popeia Group.
Not Divided, or only a little bit in the Group of albolabris (albolabris, insularis, septentrionalis)
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 4:36

indeed, he very different. But looks at this topic :

http://www.venomland.net/t557-viridovipera-stejnegeri

or this :

http://www.reptarium.cz/en/taxonomy/Viridovipera-stejnegeri/photogallery/26008
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 5:38

Yes, the ones on the two links looks like and will be for sure stejnegeri! Typical coloration!
Un fortunely we can´t see the tails. But here are also the Nasalia divided.
Please make a close up head shot of your one, maby we can see more on details...
Back to top Go down
Wojciech Kuklewicz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-08

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan - 23:33

It is either C.albolabris or hybrid.
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan - 0:01

More pictures :

Tail :

Sorry, Deleted 1003365y

Sorry, Deleted 1003359x

Sorry, Deleted 1003366o

Sorry, Deleted 1003367v

Sorry, Deleted 1003362

Sorry, Deleted 1003361k

close up head :

Sorry, Deleted 1003357

Sorry, Deleted 1003363a

I could not make better pictures because he was very angry ;p
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan - 1:05

Hello Mateusz, thank you for the additional pictures! Now it looks better to be.

Yes, thats a real albolabris. I think, someone has sell you a albolabris as a stejnegeri.
I´m not suprised about this, beause, here in a german classified board I´ve seen some months ago a classified who offered a man CB´s of ,,V. stejnegeri from Viet Nam´´ I was intresed in this and mail to him, pleased him to send me pictures from the parents and the offsprings. I got a lot of pictures from the youngsters not from the parents. And, what do you think was to see on this pictures? Realy nice smal albolabris offsprings! So you are not the only...that got the wrong snakes I think...
The copper colored eyes from your one are very often seen in the albolabris group.
In Thailand you can find a ,,cf. albolabris ´´ Population that has cherry red eyes... typical sign for stejnegeri and some popeiorum Pop. and yes of corse, T. rubeus. But the tail says all. The pattern of the brown coloration will be 100% a member of the albolabris group. Sorry.
But, it looks realy nice to me! I like albolabris of corse, so be not disapointed. Maby the price wasn´t the right?

When you will have a view on the Nasalia Scale, you will see, that this is not real divided. In stejnegeri it MUST be divided. Sometimes you will find albolabris, that looks a little bit like there Nasalia is divided, but it isn´t real, it is not more than only a deep skratsh. The picture you posted are with 100kb not big enought to maximise them on my PC. I have try it in PS to make it visible, but it don´t work with this smal files
Back to top Go down
Wojciech Kuklewicz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-11-08

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan - 2:25

Peter you have a lot of knowledge about these kind of snakes. It's very nice to read your posts:)
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan - 3:53

Wojciech Kuklewicz wrote:
Peter you have a lot of knowledge about these kind of snakes. It's very nice to read your posts:)

Thanks a lot!

But I have not much as want, I´m still learning! But, T. albolabris was one of my first venomous snakes at all! And, when I see one, I know them well.
So, in the Past I´ve keep at lot of them, and I have the possiblity to visit a good friend of mine, who works since more than 20 years with this kind of snakes too.
That helps a lot!
The years before I ,,work´´ more with the genuses: Vipera, Macrovipera and Montivipera and some others also...
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan - 7:10

Mr Mateusz Zieliński and Mr Peter thank you very much for this information and the pictures, the detailed information about the differences between this groups is always interesting.
by the way any other detail to look for when comparing this very similar group??

thanks in advance

regards
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan - 0:35

Hello Gustav,
the coloration of the albolabris like tails you will find also in macrops and rubeus. And this two, have also an undivided Nasalia. The blotched tail is not a typical sign only for stejnegeri, so you will find it in other species like gumprechti, fucata, buniana, medoensis and and and. Only the combination of this characters will bring a good result.
But, there is much trubble to determinate some species only by morphology.
I got a couple of Viridovipera from Vietnam, the comes from Sa Pa. I bought them as V. stejnegeri. Ok - but all samples thes are checkt by microbiologist shows, that in this area are only gumprecht is distributed! And gumprechti from Thailand looks differend to the ones from Vietnam... Thats is what I mean - it isn´t allwas so easy like to seperate albolabris from stejnegeri. This two are very differend snakes.
Have a look on the females from gumprecht, stejnegeri and popeiorum. When you don´t know where the are from, I´m sure you have a serious problem to find out what it is.
The best source to check out a lot of the Members of the asian pitvipers will be the book :

Asian Pitvipers, GUMPRECHT et al. 2004

but I think, you must have big luck to get one of this, because, the are sold out since some years. And when you google this book, you will see, it is offered on high price level. I´m happy to have a copy.
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan - 3:58

Thanks Peter, so this is C. albolabris? Or Maybe this is hybrid?
I don't have contacts whitch last previous keeper.

Last edited by Mateusz Zieliński on Thu 12 Jan - 4:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan - 18:50

Hi, I'm sure it isn't a hybrid. BecAuse the Hemipenes of the two genus are different!
I' m sure it is a Trimeresurus albolabris . You See I use the Terminus Trimeresurus , the ,,Old''
Genus name , there was a work about the Type specimen (Name giving )
And follo this work the Old will be the right Genus Name.
So Cryptelytrops will be Not longer the name for this Genus.
When I' m at home again I will Post a picture from an albolabris Male from me, to compare them with yours!
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan - 0:17

Hi, Thanks Peter !

Then I'm must buy adult female Trimeresurus albolabris for him. Wink
But... where I found T. albolabris like this? I mean cherry red eyes and so on.. ??
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan - 0:33

Hi Mateusz,
I think it will not a problem to find a female for him, but when your information is right, that it comes from Vietnam...(maby this was correct given to you!) then you have to look out for Vietnam albolabris. Unfortunely we can not see, from wich location he comes. Thats nearly impossible! I will make some pictures from my albolabris a little bit later. My are from west-Java, Indonesia and the male has also Copper colored eyes, this you will found all over the distribution of this snake species. Its not known only from one spot!
And, when you want to see a real ,,T. albolabris´´ then use google and fill in ,, red eyed albolabris´´ you will found a picture from Michale Cota, I sugest this snake was photographed in thailand, but in Laos you can also find this form. They has real ,,cherry red´´ eyes.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan - 2:23

Ok, here we are:

Sorry, Deleted Head_t10

Head shot of T. albolabris from West Java, Indonesia

Sorry, Deleted Tail_t10

Tail from the same like above (T. albolabris)

Sorry, Deleted T_card10

1,0 CB 2011 T. cardamomensis, Thailand (very similar to T. macrops) note the tail!

Sorry, Deleted Tinsul10

1,0 CB 2010 T. insularis Wetar, Indonesia
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan - 3:23

Great snakes and now I see. from which locations is from T. albolabris in first photo? West Java, Indonesia ? Is very bright.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan - 3:53

Yes Mateusz, it´s the Java form on the first and the 2nd pic. but on the 2nd it is an other speciemen, the other was to agressiv to make tail shots of them!
But not all looks like that! The difers also... not a 100% fix coloration.

Maby when you have to contact adress of the former keeper/breeder of your albolabris, and he can manage it that you will get an aditional female for yours!? Best from the same source.
Back to top Go down
Mateusz Zieliński
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Mateusz Zieliński

Male

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan - 4:27

Yes, I now. But I don't have contact whitch him ;( I must search. Maybe who have specimen like my.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sorry, Deleted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorry, Deleted   Sorry, Deleted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry, Deleted
Page 1 of 1