VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

What happened to Venomland?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

What happened to Venomland? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 21:55

I am trying to send some people private messages but when I want to send two different people a message I can not send them immediatly!? I have to wait a while before I can send a message to the next person.

Is there any way to disable that function in your profile?
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 22:20

Quote :
Is there any way to disable that function in your profile?

As there is no such function we cannot disable it.

I'm sorry, but the forum software is very, very simple and does not allow much....

I checked your settings, everything seems to be okay.
Make sure your SentBox and Outbox ain't full.

nothing "happened" to VenomLand, as far as i know LOL

regards
Peter

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Mon 18 Jun - 23:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 22:24

I get the notification that I can not post messages so soon and that I have to wait for a while before posting again. But I am not posting at the forum, I am sending private messages.
Back to top Go down
Anton van Woerkom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anton van Woerkom

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 22:45

I had the same problem with a private message, Stefan, and the bad thing is that your message is lost after the notification, so you have to retype it again next day. When your message was a few words only, then it is no problem. But it is not nice at all when it was a longer message...

Last edited by Anton van Woerkom on Mon 18 Jun - 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 22:54

I've got you right - private messaging!
But there is no such time out function - at least not in a way we can enable/disable it.
Sorry for not being able to help you. We do not have wide access on the pm function......
How about waiting then (if it doesn't last too long) or using the e-mail function?

Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 22:58

Last thing we could try: Make a test message and send me a screenshot of that notification (whole screen, not only the text of the notification).
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 23:56

Here it is...

What happened to Venomland? Error
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 0:26

Thank you, unfortunately it doesn't show anything what would give me an idea.....

I just sent you 3 pm's within 30 seconds, all worked well. (i deleted them before you opened it)
Back to top Go down
Anton van Woerkom
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anton van Woerkom

Male
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 0:31

Quote :
I just sent you 3 pm's within 30 seconds, all worked well.
Maybe this is the advantage of being an Admin... ?

Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 0:50

Don't think so, as the pm section is separated from the "official" board sections and doesn't have an administration panel or visible advantages - same rules for mods, admins and normal users.

By the way: how long is this "short while" you have to wait?
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 1:05

I guess around 10 minutes...
Back to top Go down
Piero Moroni
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Piero Moroni

Male
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 1:27

Stefan Anthonijsz wrote:
I guess around 10 minutes...
True, and that includes the message in the subject, we must wait before reposting 600sec, which is long.

Well I know this is to avoid flooding but do long to wait 10min. (lol)

Small suggestion, can we not reduce this time as on some forum or do it via a code of letters and numbers to back before each post ?
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 2:10

Maybe ok to prevent flooding at the forum, but pretty annoying when you want te send some private messages to people...
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun - 3:20

well, gents, shouldn't we be happy to have no bigger problems than this?

and once again - nothing "happened" to VenomLand, and this means no settings have been changed, so it worked well for most people here since 2008.

Stefan, you have a total of 681 private messages, less than one per day. I really do not see an urgent problem, just because you have to wait 10 minutes once in a while.

...and Mr. Moroni with only one personal message since he joined the forum hasn't been confronted with that "problem" at all.......

Thread closed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Venomland?   What happened to Venomland? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to Venomland?
Page 1 of 1