VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marco Kunz

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Empty
PostSubject: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 15:42

Hello everybody!

I have a pair of A. b. howardgloydi. The female was pregant. The last few days were very hot in germany and the female started giving birth.
She dropped of 5 slugs and 2 dead youngs which as it looks like both suffocated in the membrane.

A friend and i thinking about a too high care temperature which started the birth to early.

My conditions the last 3 months are:

earth/sand mixture
temperature from 30°C until 34°C under the light bulb
I keep them on a dry ground. Only a water shell which was filled up every 3-4 days.

The problem is that i have a ground temperature in my room with 30°C (in the summer). My next step will be to reduce the heating power of each cage to decrease the temperature of the whole room. To get the temperarture down to 27°C. Hopefully i will get a temperature gradient from 27-29°C for the A. b. howardgloydi cage.

If anybody has some experience with that species it would be nice to get a feedback with some care parameters. Or what i should change in my parameters.

regards

Marco
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 15:48

Hi,

I've got some experiences in A.bilineatus bilineatus or A.taylori (which are relative similar excepted maybe a contrast in air humidity).

I could observe that a too high temperature for some days can influence badly the newborns. But I must admit I question myself if those where not a "bad" clutch? Is it the first one? Have they already had some youngsters before?

Regards

LucasC.
Back to top Go down
Marco Kunz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 16:44

Hello Lucas

Thanks you for your answer. No it's not the first clutch. I get this species 3 months ago from a friend of a friend...so i can't get an ifromation from the seller about the care parameters.

The only thing i know is that she gives birth last year with no slugs and no dead youngsters.
So it's a problem of my care parametres i think.

regards

Marco
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitimeTue 7 Aug - 2:45

I do think it is to hot for them, and even they are not from very humid areas I think they do need a bit more of humidity,
maybe you can post some pics of the cages

regards
Back to top Go down
Marco Kunz

Male

PostSubject: Re: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitimeTue 7 Aug - 3:01

Gustav Eloy wrote:
I do think it is to hot for them, and even they are not from very humid areas I think they do need a bit more of humidity,
maybe you can post some pics of the cages

regards

Hi Gustav

Please look in the Thread "My two and a half snakerooms" in the General section. There are some pics of the cages from them!
But anyway thank you for the information about the humidity. I will try this! Maybe in the morning i will spray some water in!

regards

Marco
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitimeTue 7 Aug - 3:25

O nice I allready look a it very nice cages by the way. and yes maybe a soft mist in the mornigs will help to reduse heat strees, it will create a more natural temperature and humidity cycle

best of luck

regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth   Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agkistrodon b. howardgloydi problems giving birth
Page 1 of 1