VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Petter Albinson

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Empty
PostSubject: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug - 19:49

Hello!

Since there are many scandinavians on this site I might aswell put an ad about this here, eventhough the classes will be held in swedish and danish.

Kurs i Sverige: http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_svensk_september_2012.pdf

Kursus i Danmark: http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_vissenbjerg_-_dec_2012.pdf

Regards,

Petter
Back to top Go down
Martti Niskanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martti Niskanen

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug - 22:07

Petter Albinson wrote:
Hello!

Since there are many scandinavians on this site I might aswell put an ad about this here, eventhough the classes will be held in swedish and danish.

Kurs i Sverige: http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_svensk_september_2012.pdf

Kursus i Danmark: http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_vissenbjerg_-_dec_2012.pdf

Regards,

Petter

Very good, Petter. Is the course or is it planned to be a requirement for keeping venomous animals?
Back to top Go down
toni beckman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeThu 30 Aug - 1:56

I dont have any problems to say im honest jealosly.

What i have been understand, our hobby does grow thesedays totally different metods than ten years ago. Internet, global marketing, huge expos, more species, morps, more money, etc. has lot to do that venomous hobby "progress" is more or less outside contact net from older keepers: peoples that might have lot knowledge to share.

Such small country as Finland, we do have plenty of newbie peoples that "nobody" knows, as well them ways and methods, might are just one worrying more...

I do respect and a lot these courses creators, as a good ways educational and maybe also littlebit more social sharing future.
Back to top Go down
Petter Albinson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep - 3:49

Martti, are you ready for a long answer to a short question?
In Denmark, as you might know, private keeping of venomous snakes are prohibited. The danish participants we´ve had on the course till now have been people who work, or want to work, with snakes in zoos. For them it´s not required to take this course, but I believe it can help them get such a job and hopefully make them work more safely.
In Sweden it´s more complicated (as I think we discussed many years ago in Norrköping?). If you live in the countryside you don´t need any permit to keep venomous snakes (but of course there are some regulations about how to keep them). If you live in a village or town it depends on where you live. In some "kommuner" (counties) you´d need a permit and in others you don´t. It´s not clearly stated in Swedish law what is required to get such a permit, only that you have to have “enough” knowledge and take “enough” precautions. Of course this had led to a crazy situation where local authorities in some places demand the most stupid things to grant snakekeepers a permit.
For the last seven years we in the Swedish herpetological society had organized some defense for snakekeepers in this situation. We have lodge appeals against crazy decisions made by local authorities in all cases that had come to our knowledge. In this we have had more success than expected, so far we have only lost one case, and that was only half a loss. Actually I believe that we would have won that one to if only the snakekeeper would have let us appeal to the Supreme Court.
Anyway, in that case the court stated that the snakekeeper had not showed that he had enough experience to keep black mamba. Of course it´s always quite hard for a private keeper that never have worked professionally with snakes to prove that he have experience. In Sweden, as in most countries, we have some highly experienced people that have kept venomous snakes for decades but have no documents to prove it.
We can´t guarantee that the certificate you get from this course is enough to get a permit to keep venomous snakes in Sweden, but it is my firm belief that it will be enough if everything else looks OK in the application.

Toni, I agree. I can see the same problem in Sweden. This is a small country with only nine million people, but still I meet many “internetherpers” that have not even heard of the biggest names in Swedish herpetology. I think it´s sad, because in one way internet, that is excellent for sharing information, have become a barrier between (some of) the young and old herpers. I think however that the herpetological societies have an important role to play in this. At least here in Sweden the members in the society is a nice mix of young and old, internetherpers and tecnophobics, newbies and more experienced, and so on.

Petter
Back to top Go down
Martti Niskanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martti Niskanen

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeSun 9 Sep - 3:45

Thank you for the reply, Petter. So the system hasn't changed since we talked some time ago*. Your course sounds great and I can see it being useful in proving that one is a responsible keeper of venomous reptiles. Also, hats off to you for going into courts for it.

We haven't got any restrictions in Fin, but will surely get them sooner or later.

* Unfortunate that you missed N'köping last year, as it was a good'un. At least your "other half" got to go there. However, I was sad to see that the freehandlers and convicted smugglers were popular, cocky and unashamed.
Back to top Go down
Petter Albinson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeWed 7 Nov - 5:46

Hello again,

I just wanted to tell you all that there will be a course 8 of december aswell:

http://www.biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_svensk_december_2012.pdf

Petter
Back to top Go down
Petter Albinson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Sep - 11:03

Some new dates in November:

Sweden:

http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_svensk.pdf

http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_svensk_Blekinge_ny.pdf

Denmark:

http://biozooinformation.eu/images/stories/Giftslange_management_og_sikkerhedskursus_vissenbjerg_-_nov_2913.pdf

Petter

Back to top Go down
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeTue 10 Sep - 16:29

Quote :
Pris: 1560,- (1950,- inkl. moms)
For only about 50 Euro extra, I'd really think about booking the after-course-party with that danish moms. Food and beverage included aswell?

;-) Peter
Back to top Go down
Petter Albinson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitimeWed 11 Sep - 5:50

That´s funny! Very Happy  As a swede I´ve never thought about how strange that looks in english. I´m sorry to make you disapointed, but moms is just taxes. Not quite as attractive perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.   Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Education for scandinavians with an interest i venomous snakes.
Page 1 of 1