VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy Thoerneby

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-24

Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces Empty
PostSubject: Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces   Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces Icon_minitimeSat 9 Feb - 23:01

Iv'e been searching for information about B dendrophila in general, and it's been mentioned on several sites that there is a difference in size among the subspieces.
Does anyone have more precise information on this topic?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ungreen/396250330392281
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces   Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb - 7:48

I used to have Boiga dendrophila dendrophila, Boiga dendrophila melanota and Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta.
My experience is that B.d.melanota and and B.d.gemmicincta grow larger then Boiga dendrophila dendrophila.

How is your German? I think you should try to get a hold on this paper:

Vogel, G. (2000): Zur Bestimmung der Unterarten von Boiga dendrophila (Boie, 1827) nebst einigen Neuigkeiten zu Boiga dendrophila gemmicincta (Duméril, Bibron & Duméril, 1854). - Sauria 22 (1): 27-43

It should have lots of details on the subspieces but I'm not 100% sure wether maximum or average sizes are mentioned. I used to have it but I can't find it. I think it got lost when my old computer died on me. Gernot has got it on his website but the link is dead. Maybe you should drop him a mail or something. Or maybe somebody else has it.

This is Gernot his website. www.gernot-vogel.de

Kind regards,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Tommy Thoerneby

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces   Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb - 6:44

Thanks
I didn't find anything about sizes, but lots of good information.
Btw my understanding of the german language sucks Very Happy
I can figure stuff out because our languages are related but no more than that, i simply use google-translate. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ungreen/396250330392281
Nej Palaganas
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nej Palaganas

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces   Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb - 19:39

we have a subspecies here B. dendrophila levitonii that seems to be longer than B. dendrophila dendrophila by a mere foot when you look at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces   Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Size difference of B dendrophila subspieces
Page 1 of 1