VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)

Go down 
+7
Gustav Eloy
Ari Finsk
Todd Shaffer
Gavin Carpenter
Randy Ciuros
Mario Lutz
Ronny Levin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronny Levin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-17

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Empty
PostSubject: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 2:42

Male:
1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) A

Females and male:
1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) A

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) S4300021-1

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) DSCN0414

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Coppercc

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Cont2

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) 1z3

Cheers, Ronny
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 14:04

the nominate-form is the most beautiful among the species... i have 1.1 here and was observing for the first time copulation two days ago.
i am excited to see the offspring...

thanks for the pics Ronny!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 7:10

This female was caught by a friend of mine on 04/11/96 in Hardeeville, South Carolina. She was an adult when he found her. I got her on 04/20/00. She is actually that light colored. Possibly hypo, but Pete, the buddy I got her from, told me they are all that color in the area where he caught her. You can see the sun is shining on her in some areas, so she looks even lighter in those areas.

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) CopperF05

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) CopperF08

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) CopperF02
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 12:10

thats a cool snake Randy!
i like the pattern and here light color!

thanks for sharing the photo with us!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 12:38

That is one of the nicest contortrix I have ever seen!! Really awesome!
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr - 13:01

Thanks. It is one of the nicest I've ever seen too. Tannith Terr, I think the spelling is correct, was working at Dean Ripa's Serpentarium last I knew. She has a pair that look just like mine. Don't know if she has bred them. One guy offered me $200 for her, but I just like her too much to sell her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr - 15:15

some guys are "shocked" when they visit me and see our "copperheads". "ha - you keep this species? isnt this somethings for beginner?"...

i just love them! yes - i am a beginner and i keep this species because they are awesome!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
Todd Shaffer
Todd Shaffer

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-01-27

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 6:39

Such a beautiful group of snakes
Back to top Go down
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 20:28

Really beautiful snakes Ronny ... are you going to breed them Cool ...
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan - 3:27

awesome colors in this snakes, you have a nice group here and the one with ligth color is so cool. congrats
Back to top Go down
Michael Bollhorn
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Michael Bollhorn

Male
Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan - 7:52

Real stunners! I like them!

Regards
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.103887216345740.6060.10
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jan - 10:07

Good looking coppers, guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Jimi Gragg

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb - 13:14

My mother's family is from coastal South Carolina, I've spent quite a bit of time there, and that nice pale whitish background is pretty typical of the ones down near Georgia. There are also similar looking ones I've seen from coastal N Carolina, and I think exist also in SE Virginia (Dismal Swamp area).

Near Charleston they are often very pale pink. Ones in southern Mississippi can be almost silvery-white. And the males - pretty big!

I agree, "this" is an often passed-over "beginner" snake that really deserves more attention. I feel the same about Atropoides but that's inviting a tangent...

I say "this". For you copperhead nuts talking about what is this and that, here is something to chew on:
http://www.cnah.org/research.asp

See the 2nd and 3rd items. Basically based on MtDNA some well-known "extreme splitter" labs identify laticinctus and pictigaster as comprising "maybe their own single species", and everything east "maybe another, or maybe two" (depending which lab). Neither explains the mess you can readily see in east Texas - many contortrix/laticinctus intergrade-looking animals. Nevertheless, for your amusement...check it out. Also see conanti/FL cotton may be (probably is...) its own species too.

Cheers,
Jimi
Back to top Go down
Joel Power
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joel Power

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-07-29

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb - 13:41

Well that certainly changes my mind a little that's one beautiful species of pit viper Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)   1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.3 Agkistrodon contortrix contortrix (South Carolina)
Page 1 of 1