VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Empty
PostSubject: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeTue 22 Apr - 19:19

Been a bit slow here lately so I thought I'd share a few pics from my collection. Sorry if I've already posted a few of the photos in previous posts, but for some reason I can't see the images in my old posts so I don't know if I'm double posting or not. Either way, here they are, enjoy.
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10684736994_ede0017e9b_cIMG_1481 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10684737556_327a2d0e8d_cIMG_1483 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
1.0 C. mitchelli pyrrhus "white"
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10720160495_ebaa561d05_cSoMo Speck by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10720505863_8c3f67ba53_c&quot;Blue&quot; Speck by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10720281586_e8992469d8_c&quot;Blue&quot; Speck Closeup by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
0.1 C. mitchelli pyrrhus "blue"
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13481753194_5f2a8b36ae_cIMG_3037 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13481395355_f435688b39_cIMG_2160 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 12159322393_9d061539ba_cNorthern Blacktail Rattlesnake by fmanda1, on Flickr" />Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13481206793_2be3997719_cIMG_20140324_231217 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
1.0 C. molossus molossus SE AZ local
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10822235146_194056063e_cTiger Rattlesnake by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10770492384_c40ef1437d_cIMG_0471 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10737235564_061499b62f_cTiger by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10684951263_b28d1a867c_cIMG_1227 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
1.1 C tigris
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13348458934_01a1a7b7f8_cIMG_20140321_233313 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13348210063_9c5cac9793_cIMG_20140323_013012 by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
1.0 C. oreganus lutosus
Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. <a href=Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 10773029005_cc7ac4770e_cC. Cerberus by fmanda1, on Flickr" />
0.1 C. cerberus
Back to top Go down
Andre Schmid
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Andre Schmid

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeWed 23 Apr - 17:08

Nice rattlers, the molossus are awesome !
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperas.de/
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 13:31

Thanks Andre!
Back to top Go down
Michiel Kooiman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 17:10

Nice snakes that don't really need photoshop.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 7:52

LOL....no Photoshop going on here, unfortunately, I most of my photos are taken on the fly with a cell phone camera which, as you know, completely washes out any color. So I will sometimes adjust color a bit in order to bring the colors out as much as possible. Problem with that is that it will often just ruin the consistency of the photo. Whatever though, I never claimed to be a world-class photographer
Back to top Go down
Nate Cerniglia
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Nate Cerniglia

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 8:36

I have personally visited Frank Manda's collection and have personally seen the snakes posted on this page. Michiel Kooiman, i can say with out a doubt that these photos have not been altered in any way shape or form to make these snakes appear nicer than they are...The C.tigers and C.molossus really are just that amazing.
Back to top Go down
Michiel Kooiman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 17:29

The animals are nice but the photo's are really not natural:

Same animal first white, then pink:

Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13348458934_01a1a7b7f8_c Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. 13348210063_9c5cac9793_c
Back to top Go down
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 17:37

Yea, the photo's were taken under two differen't lights. One is a bright white CFL bulb, one is a dimmer aquarium flourescent bulb, which really brings out the pink color. The first picture is very washed out. I use both bulbs on all of my cages and a lot of times, when I'm taking photo's, I'll switch one on or off in order to get the best color. Some snakes look completely different under different lighting. Like I said, they're all taken with a cell phone camera and I'm not much of a photographer, so I'll generally go with the least blurry shots. I don't know if you feel like you need to catch someone cheating, but there's no conspiracy going on here.
Back to top Go down
Michiel Kooiman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 17:41

Frank Manda wrote:
Yea, the photo's were taken under two differen't lights. One is a bright white CFL bulb, one is a dimmer aquarium flourescent bulb, which really brings out the pink color. The first picture is very washed out. I use both bulbs on all of my cages and a lot of times, when I'm taking photo's, I'll switch one on or off in order to get the best color. Some snakes look completely different under different lighting. Like I said, they're all taken with a cell phone camera and I'm not much of a photographer, so I'll generally go with the least blurry shots. I don't know if you feel like you need to catch someone cheating, but there's no conspiracy going on here.

No i don't feel i have that need. Like i said before.. the animals all look very nice. Healthy and good looking specimens..
Back to top Go down
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 18:01

Well, I appreciate that you think that the snakes look healthy, but I still really don't understand why you felt the need to publicly embarass me like that just because you thought something looked funny about a photograph. I wasn't selling the snakes and attempting to misrepresent an animal. I just posted some photos of a few venomous snakes on a venomous snake website for people to enjoy. Did you feel cheated or something?
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 19:13

Gentlemen - we're talking only about pictures - in the photography section.
Obviously Frank has overacted the restoring of the cellphone-washed-out colours in some of them.
Everyone may like it or not - but I cannot see a reason for further quarreling and unfriendly posts.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Frank Manda
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Frank Manda

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 19:44

You're right Peter, I was just irked a little bit. If I had a problem with a comment I should have voiced my displeasure privately, no need to make my frustration public. And these photos were intended for the Crotalus & Sistrurus forum, admin moved them into this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.   Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring is Here, A few Photos From My Collection.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: VenomLand Forum :: Photography-
Jump to: