VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii

Go down 
+4
Benjamin Lutz
Mario Lutz
Christoph Rothenbühler
Ronny Levin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ronny Levin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-17

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Empty
PostSubject: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 2:45

Male:
1.1 Thrasops jacksonii 1b

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii 1

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii DSC_0033

Female:
1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Thrasops1

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Thrasops1121.1 Thrasops jacksonii Thrasops13

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Untitled-1

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Thrasops

Cheers, Ronny

Last edited by Ronny Levin on Fri 28 Mar - 4:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christoph Rothenbühler
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 3:11

Awesome animals, simply beautiful!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles.c-ro.ch
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar - 13:57

hi ronny,

this is an truly beautiful snake. i have nothing heard of this species before. i like the scales, awesome.
i can imagine how hard it is to take picture from this snake...

nice animal
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Ronny Levin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Hello...   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr - 7:48

Yeah, they are not easy to photograph....

There are some recent research of the venom and the venom is very similar to the boomslang venom but they don't have the same advanced way of delivering the venom. Very active and interesting snakes.

Cheers, Ronny
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Lutz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Benjamin Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 19:08

WOW!!

"crazy" beautiful looking snakes.

greetz ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-reptileman.com
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 20:52

A friend of mine owned this species of snakes when he lived here in my house for like a year.

I have never seen any snakes comparable to these. Fast, sometimes agressive, curious and not afraid of the keeper after a certain amount of time.

A few years ago Brian Fry came to the Netherlands. I worked for Richard at the time and Brian came to us to study some species of snake. Brian was doing research on venomglands etc, and told us about the fact that this snakes can turn out to be more dangerous then described in books.

Well, I believe him. They can kill a adult mouse without contricting them, in a matter of seconds. Shocked

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 20:26

Very beautiful snakes indeed. They are fantastic to look at. In my opinion black snakes always look somehow sleek and gorgeous. Wouldn't mind if they'd occasionally retain their juvenile colors, though Very Happy
I used to keep a trio, but sold them since. I do believe the accounts on mice perishing fast, but I never saw that while feeding my individuals, never saw considerable bleeding either. Sometimes they'd grab a hold and press the mouse against the terrarium floor or wall while proceeding to swallow them.
Back to top Go down
Ronny Levin
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeFri 7 Nov - 17:49

I have taken some new pictures of them, uploaded in the Cloubrid section.

The male is all over my female now trying to mate with her Smile I hope she put out soon Razz
Back to top Go down
Tommy Schulze
Tommy Schulze

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr - 16:17

Hey Ronny, your male a very good pet, he is good at mating, I have a nice nest eggs of 7, I hope it goes well with the breed,
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-06-03

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr - 5:35

Very nice animal! I have a friend who just bred his trio and the eggs hatched about a month or two ago. I'm really hoping to snag a pair from him Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Thrasops jacksonii   1.1 Thrasops jacksonii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.1 Thrasops jacksonii
Page 1 of 1