VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Tropidolaemus wagleri

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Tropidolaemus wagleri Empty
PostSubject: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 19 Dec - 4:01

Good evening Gents,

I am wondering if there is a way to find out the origin locality of a female Tropidolaemus wagleri from sumatra on the basis of the different coloring. An Indonesian guy told me for example, that females from north sumatra ( medan ) have more green components on the basic black/yellow coloring than animals from the south. Do you have any experiences about this? I appreciate any information. Thank you.

Cheers, Niko
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeSat 20 Dec - 20:55

more information on the top tropidolaemus information site:
http://www.thomas-jaekel.homepage.t-online.de/WagVS/imagnsum.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec - 0:30

Hello Bartholin,

Thank you for your reply. I know the page of Thomas Jaekel but I didnt find an answer for my special request there.

Cheers, Niko
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec - 0:57

For the sumatran i've seen few medan specimens that have pale green on the dorsal scales, but they look almost the same as west malaysian ones, no big differences.
I'll make an order on waglers soon, i'll ask for nothern sumatra specimens, just to see!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec - 2:51

Bartholin,
thank you for your effort, i am exciting to hear your answer. Wish you some healthy and good looking animals for your order.

Cheers, Niko
Back to top Go down
Radovan Muška
Radovan Muška

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec - 20:53

Hello,

according to a guy living in Sumatra there do exist two different forms of T.wagleri.Lowland and highland form.Highland form does keep amount of green coloration even in adulthood.They are also smaller than the specimens from lowland (usually reaching only 50-60 cm as adults).

Kind regards,

Radovan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeSun 21 Dec - 22:20

Hello Radovan,

Interesting information! Thank you for your reply. It would be interesting if even the females from the highland are growing only to 60cm.
Back to top Go down
Radovan Muška
Radovan Muška

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec - 0:14

Niko,

I meant that the highland form grow only to 60 cm.
The lowland form is the typical huge wagleri reaching up to 100 cm.
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec - 5:30

We have the same matter here with vipera aspis zinnickeri, the mountains populations tend to be smaller(1/3 less) in size, Maybe it's food related??!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeMon 22 Dec - 6:41

Yes i think its food related, but even if its in north sumatra, it is geographic still a tropical zone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tropidolaemus wagleri   Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropidolaemus wagleri
Page 1 of 1