VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus

Go down 
+2
Klaus Roemer
Markus Drnovsek
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus Drnovsek

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-03-25

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Empty
PostSubject: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug - 0:37

Here I show you one of my two pairs Gloydius halys caraganus
1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Fjgsa0

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus 11wg58n
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug - 15:08

Hi Markus,

beautiful animals indeed! If you like, tell us a bit about the biology and husbandry of this species.

Regards,

Klaus
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeThu 4 Aug - 3:04

Hello Markus,
yes, I agree. That´s a beautiful pair.
Best regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Markus Drnovsek

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeFri 5 Aug - 21:43

Thanks Rainer and Klaus,

Here I show you my second pair:

1.0 cb 2015

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus 21440vm

an 0.1 cb 2015

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus 29fruxc

Gloydius are fantastic snakes. I can not understand that they have no lobby

Last edited by Markus Drnovsek on Sat 6 Aug - 19:03; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug - 9:02

Markus,

This is a interesting question. Why has Gloydius no lobby? Even brevicaudus is beautiful too.
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug - 15:41

It´s a pity but Markus is right. In comparison to many other viperids you´ll not find many people who are interested in Gloydius though there are extremely beautiful specimens in any of the species/subspecies of that genus.
Back to top Go down
Markus Drnovsek

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug - 17:03

...but why is that?
Where is the mistake?

Back to top Go down
Markus Drnovsek

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec - 1:44

...here my new (third) couple Gloydius halys caraganus cb 2016 "Tian Shan"

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus 27708456og
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec - 2:11

Hello Markus,
you got another nice pair now!
I wish you luck with them,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Arjan Breedveld
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Arjan Breedveld

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec - 2:19

Nice animals!
Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Yannick Berthoud
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Yannick Berthoud

Male
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2015-04-20

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec - 6:26

congratulation, nice couple ! nice pictures !
Back to top Go down
toni beckman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec - 1:15

Im also wondering why these are not more common, but maybe some of them are too "old school", juveniles might be tricky to get start and of course; because in these www days most biggest shining elements are going easily to new and one to another more to new species?

The cheaper snake, less value to fast marketing and maybe in social media too?
I like these a lot and to me they are compact size and because some of them temperature needs too.
The also breed quite easily, what my novice experience tell so far.

BTW: Thanks for sharing your Gloydius halys caraganus cb 2016 "Tian Shan" pictures!
I would be glad to take some of them here in Finland too, so PM will come to there soon.
I think that i need some contacts..
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec - 2:21

Hello Toni,
I agree with you in almost all you write above, except: "juveniles might be tricky to get start". I used to keep and breed 5 species of this genus and in all of these species juveniles that really caused problems in raising them were an exception. If you mean "tricky" as a challenge to use one´s brain and maybe e.g. use data about their ecology in their natural habitat, especially macro- and microclimate, (concerning you, I am sure, you would do so), you may be right. Many of the babies don´t feed right away but almost all of them will do so after their first hibernation - problem solved.
Best regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
toni beckman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec - 3:06

Yes:)
I have had some own breeded G.halys -16, that has eating them self from after soon them born, and do still eat.
I did also bought to me this autumn some new G.b.sinictus -16 juveniles that was only forced before i did get them.
Soon in my home 2 of 4 did start to eat themself. I dont hibernated them in first winter, but i do variate temperature cycles, week or so long time at once. My apartment is about +13C, and this gives to me lot of space to create climate and specially night temperatures. Actually i dont know what im doing differently or similar way.
Back to top Go down
Markus Drnovsek

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeSun 18 Dec - 21:57

Thanks @ Arjan and Yannick
Back to top Go down
Markus Drnovsek

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb - 19:35

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus 28405853es
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus   1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.1 Gloydius halys caraganus
Page 1 of 1