VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

What is your job?

Go down 
+68
Andrew Fairbairn
Ronald Streeter
Paul Nicholas Dunn
toni beckman
Justin Clarke
Tomaz Jagar
Franz Schönen
Martti Niskanen
Sebastian Haubert
Frédéric Seyffarth
Klaus-Jürgen Lewin
Thiago Rodrigues
Piero Moroni
Bryan Farnsworth
Manuel Reiss
Jillian Worsham
Omar Abraham Nelo
Randy Ciuros
Christoph Studer
borja barrenetxea
Franck Radnai
Mike Spencer
Todd Shaffer
Miguel Tönnies
Ralf Hallwaß
Joao Monteiro
Alfonso Ciaran
Danny Breetveld
Sven Foerster
Jake Hawthorne
Rob Smit
Cliff Lindberg
Aaron Percy
TJ Giles
Davina Eisenbeis
Jonas Hill
Roger Sharp
Samuel Li
Rene Schenk
Israel M. Sánchez
Sascha Beckhoff
JohnLight
Janne Penttinen
Niklas Andreasson
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Archie Bottoms
Ari Finsk
Ralph Tümmers
Marthinus C. Harmse
Pascal Wagenaus
René Meierkord
Artem Muradkhanyan
Colin James
Al Hyde
AndrewGalano
Jakob H. Christensen
Neil Villard
Mario Lutz
Andrew Hacket
Sami Heikkinen
Markus Oulehla
Jörg Porstmann
Benjamin Strasser
Guenter Leitenbauer
Miqe Erikzen
Peter Zürcher
Rainer Fesser
Rob Deans
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

What is your job? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 1:21

hi guys.

i am an interior designer working here in Singapore, used to do alot of other things back in the Philippines..hehe from being a food server, waiter, part time construction worker, project manager, managing director of an environmental organization, environmental camp counselor..haha

but of course, if Mario offers me a job in Herpaworld - im going to move to Mindoro..heheh

herpetology, keeping herps is what is keeping everyone sane from their day job. Smile
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 18:51

I'm very fortunate, I've been a househusband for the last 19 years. Before this I was a greenkeeper on a golf course.

When my wife was carrying our first son we both agreed that it would be better if I stayed home. My wife has her own business , a stationary company and always earnt more £'s than me. She is also the level headed down to earth practical one while I am more floaty and tend to live for the day.

It's been absolutely great! I've raised three children and had plenty of time for fieldherping and keeping exotics.
Back to top Go down
Colin James

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 19:49

Reptile shop owner. Will also be a student in a few months as I am starting a degree in Life Sciences.
Back to top Go down
Al Hyde
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 5:37

How come the word Stationary occasionally becomes a spam link in my post above?
Back to top Go down
Artem Muradkhanyan

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun - 21:36

I am a QA engineer in international (USA, India, Armenia) silicon-product company.
Several times ago I was Schematic design engineer .
I like my profession , but the work which I doing now boring me,
also it's quiet stressfull Mad

I like animals since childhood, but for biologist to get money in Armenia is a big problem, thats way I am engineer now))

Thanks Artem
Back to top Go down
René Meierkord
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun - 0:21

HI!

Im a electronic-technician. My job is to test and tune electronic components of military aircrafts such as Eurofighter and other military stuff like radar an so on...

Regards,
Rene
Back to top Go down
Jörg Porstmann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun - 5:36

Hi René,
you have to organize some interesting parts to controll our cages.
Laughing
Military controlled temperature. *g*
Back to top Go down
http://www.pit-viper.de
René Meierkord
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun - 5:47

Hi Jörg!

I´ve learned something useful for our hobby. I´ve built all the electric in my reptileroom by myself.
But at work I only work wiht GHz-components - Radar, anti-missile and friend/enemy-detection. scratch
You see: Not really useful on keeping reptiles an boring for whole mankind. Sleep

Rene
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun - 3:33

im working at a coatings company,that makes paint mostly for wood.
im making colors there,whatever color has been ordered
i can make it!
love my job and making good money also!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 4:59

I am a geneticist, a microbiologist and a food scientist/microbiologist. I have moved to Europe recently and am looking for a job. It would be terrific if I can find a venom research job or something similar.
Back to top Go down
Pascal Wagenaus
Pascal Wagenaus

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 5:23

I finished my diploma in economics in 2007 and started working as a business consultant for a well known international consultancy first in western Germany and since January in the south of Germany. My job ist very stressful but satisfies my as well. I get to know very different but interesting people around the world and earn enough money to afford my passion. If I would ever have the choice to go to the Philippines for sure... I would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotsnakes.de
Marthinus C. Harmse
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Marthinus C. Harmse

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Dec - 23:06

Hi.
I am an Electronic Engineer.
I want to be Dean Ripa though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec - 2:35

Hello!

I´m a chemist, and i work in a facility where we produce radiopharmaceuticals. - Mainly Fluorine-18 labeled compounds.

Working with snakes and working with radioactive material have quite some things in common Very Happy

All the best, and btw. merry christmas to everyone!! santa

Christoph
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec - 5:18

Hello Guys ,
i am learned industrial mechanician and job is it to build and repair complex production machines.
I´ve worked some years as shiftman , but now i´m the production engineer assistant of an production line ,for that i make now 4 years (2 years are passed) evening school to be an certified engineer .
It would be great to make anytime my hobby to my job ,but that is at the moment only a dream.
Bills are comeing and all had to be payed ,live is not cheaper and getting expensiver...€ I HATE YOU Twisted Evil
BUT it is great to have a hobby to relax and have fun with ,after a long week of work and frustration Wink
Wish you all the best ,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec - 14:11

Cool A cop ... since 1979 ... working patrolling on the streets and community policing. Instructor of first aid and "radiosystems" (didn´t know a current word) , ex SRT-member and K9.
Back to top Go down
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec - 17:03

I am a stone brick mason and some times I get to build a caWhat is your job? - Page 2 Croc_c10ge for friendsWhat is your job? - Page 2 Croc_c11
Back to top Go down
Peter Schulze Niehoff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Schulze Niehoff

Male
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec - 18:11

René Meierkord wrote:
... at work I only work wiht GHz-components - .... friend/enemy-detection. scratch
You see: Not really useful on keeping reptiles ...

Isn't it? To me it seems quite helpful to have a "friend/enemy-detection" before opening a hot snakes cage.

Wink Peter (technician in a research institute for molecular biomedicine)
Back to top Go down
Niklas Andreasson
Niklas Andreasson

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Jul - 4:24

I work at a concrete factory called Abetong, owned by the Heidelberg cement group.
I make pre-fabricated concrete walls and stuff 8 hours a day. Tough and dirty but i like it. My co-workers takes me through the days:) Im only 25 years old but my body feels like 70 some days, haha.
Back to top Go down
Janne Penttinen
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 1:04

Tattoo artist for about 14 years.
Used to do real work too, welding and warehouse work...
Back to top Go down
JohnLight
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 7:40

I work for Fire Rescue, been on the job for almost 3yrs now. I must say working 24hr on and 72hrs off has got to be hands down the best schedule! The greatest job on Earth that's for sure!!!
Back to top Go down
Sascha Beckhoff
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Sascha Beckhoff

Male
Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 16:54

I´m a security.Now i´m the operational commander in our company.
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 17:27

I am a Biologist (Zoologist) and work on evolution and paleobiology of mammals, specifically Miocene ruminants and equids. I also think that the 'best work' depends on every person, because as Lucas said you can have a not very interesting job that allows to have other things you like in your life... or you can have the satisfaction of having the work you love (like me), with some associated problems (e.g. science is not a very good choice in Spain if you want a stable life...).

Cheers, and as said before, good thread.
Back to top Go down
Rene Schenk
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Rene Schenk

Male
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 21:55

hello guys,
by profesion i used to be a chef, working i a few countrys. Coming back home to my country i was not happy
anymore. There aren't enough big hotels in switzerland, and no chance to get a job in there.
After a couple years in industrial production, (medical) i go bored and made my second hobby to my profesion.
Nowadays i ow my little designer furnitureshop. Since i was collecting these stuff for years it was just a step to come.
No i do not plan a reptileshop, the snakes are only for pleasure.
Cheers Rene
Back to top Go down
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 21:24

I rape and pillage the world's (mainly China) biodiversity for my own personal financial gain and hopefully supply this biodiversity to others interested in enjoying it in their homes.......

So it just means I am an animal trader...... What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.zoocon.com/Herps

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 3:25

Great topic, very diverse group of workers here.
As for me, I am first and foremost a student, studying first to get my degree in zoology then proceeding to veterinary school to pursue a career as an exotic vet.
However my bill paying occupation at the moment is at a petstore. A fairly commercialized chain store where I unfortunately have to deal with corporate annoyances...but it is most certainly better than Mcdonalds.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your job?   What is your job? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your job?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VenomLand :: Off Topic :: General Discussions-
Jump to: