VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Who keeps Mambas?

Go down 
+21
Manuel Reiss
Torben Touwslager
Danny Breetveld
Gustav Eloy
Marius Snyders
April Mandel
Alexander Jackson
Jamie Osburn
Chip Cochran
Johan Pennanen
pete blake
Peter Zürcher
Frederik Wustrack
Guenter Leitenbauer
Benjamin Tull
Harold van der Ploeg
Mario Strasser
AndrewGalano
Randy Ciuros
Peter Pastor
Mario Lutz
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pete blake

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 5:50

mambaskeep me aliveso to speak, amongst my fav venomous, i keepat present

d polylepis
d. viridis
d. angusticeps,

i find them fascinating creatures,
Back to top Go down
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 6:01

Hello!
I keep some D.angusticeps!
Really like them to!

/Johan
Back to top Go down
pete blake

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb - 3:22

got two new blacks this weekend, great patternation, and one is huge
Back to top Go down
Chip Cochran
Chip Cochran

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: swazi mambas   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Mar - 0:11

Peter, How are you enjoying the swazi mambas? I am the guy who bagged them up for you from Thea's place. there were some nice lookers in there with the nice tail pattern. And a few that were a bit on the nutty end. Any of them calm down yet? Any pics you can post?

Chip
Back to top Go down
Jamie Osburn
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 10:04

Well, about a month ago I got a young female black mamba. She's a little over 4 feet long and of Tanzanian locality. -Jamie

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Dpolylepis

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Dpolylepis8

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Dpolylepis3
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 3:34

Who will have babys for next year? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 4:28

i will hopefully have babies from all 5 species including blacks from a few different localities this summer.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 5:27

armand belier wrote:
i will hopefully have babies from all 5 species including blacks from a few different localities this summer.

Lovley, send me a PM with your MSN if you use it.

Regards,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 May - 3:37

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Scan1021

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Scan1022

This next one shows the removeable hide/shift box at the top. There is a small door at the side of the main cage which permits access to a sliding panel which securely closes the opening to the box. There is another cage underneath this one to maximize the available floor space.

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Scan1023

Back to top Go down
Marius Snyders

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 May - 4:25

From South Africa (SA)- Anyone that knows of somwonw who is keeping D. viridus in SA.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jul - 8:18

great closeeups, thay are all fantastic
Back to top Go down
Danny Breetveld
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Danny Breetveld

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul - 7:16

I keep 1.1 dendroaspis angusticeps.
Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Mambabitis007

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Dendro005

cheers danny
Back to top Go down
Torben Touwslager

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 17:57

Mamba's are on the top of my interests.
I keep Polylepis and angusticeps.

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 P1010073

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 P1010061
Back to top Go down
Manuel Reiss
Manuel Reiss

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 20:29

Torben Touwslager wrote:
Mamba's are on the top of my interests.
I keep Polylepis and angusticeps.

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 P1010073

Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 P1010061

This Dendroaspis angusticeps looks cruelly Evil or Very Mad

Manuel
Back to top Go down
Torben Touwslager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 22:11

@ Its wc Manuel, almost every wild caught species got scars.
I hope that its going to get better after she sheds.
Its something you cannot overcome

regards,
Torben
Back to top Go down
Ro vd Bergh
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Ro vd Bergh

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul - 22:39

Yes you can overcome this. Buy a CB animal if CB is widely available! The're something like 125 euro and with a good diet you will have the same length in no time. This has nothing to do with a passion for snakes. If you buy a WC animal because the're really rare and you want to breed them, that's pionering. This is animal cruelty.

The same goes for the Black. CB is something like 250. Spend a 100 more and raise a little one that doesn't know any better. Within 2 years you will have a huge 2 meter polylepis and an awesome animal for display. The animal you have was king of a huge area in Africa and is now put in a small cage. It's just too sad to see.

I keep and kept all Mamba's and there was never a need to buy a WC.
I just saved up a little longer.

It's nothing personal but I don't see one reason to buy these and make the next shipment possible.

Cheers, Ro.

Last edited by Ro vd Bergh on Fri 15 Jul - 2:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul - 1:55

Amen to that Ro, you are totally right!
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jul - 18:09

I can totally agree with Ro !
Just have some more patience, save a little bit more money and look for a cb, those are widely available of this species so i wont see any reason to go with a WC like these.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Torben Touwslager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 4:03

yeah well, I won't help if I should say sorry buying a wild caught species, better prove that I am a worthy owner who can make this ''sad'' green one as it should be and give him the space he deserves. I really wanted mamba's for a long time, waiting on the right moment but to be honest I'd never see them offered captive bred, beleave me I almost always choose CB if possible. And about saving a little more money stefan Smile I quess that wasn't the problem I payed a good price, and from inside information I payed CB price maybe even higher.

Back to top Go down
Wayne Ashford
Wayne Ashford

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 6:29

were do you think captive bred come from.?ive wild caught as im sure quite afew people have.mambas are very far and few between for captives.
Back to top Go down
Torben Touwslager

Male

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Jul - 16:47

Wayne Ashford wrote:
were do you think captive bred come from.?ive wild caught as im sure quite afew people have.mambas are very far and few between for captives.

It all started with wild caught, or els there won't be one snake in captivity, meaning there are thousands of wc cases.
Most of the time, a captive breed specimens comes from wc parents, so there is not much to blame for having a wc of cb I know.
Its more about the fact that youngsters haven't seen the outback of Africa so it ''should'' be fair because of some missing parts in their knowledge.

Its about captive breeds: they do not know there's more than the enclosure and snake room.
Wild caught: Expecting major space, something that's hard to give in a normal snake keepers budget en space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who keeps Mambas?   Who keeps Mambas? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who keeps Mambas?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2