VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú

Go down 
+17
Edgar Gonzalez
Eli Carleton
Nigel Sowter
Gustav Eloy
Peter van Issem
Martti Niskanen
Albert J. Montejo
Wolfgang Wüster
Graeme Skinner
BradMiller
Archie Bottoms
Grégoire Meier
Marc Dubois
Jaroslav Karhánek
René Meierkord
Christian Moisander
Walter Silva
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Empty
PostSubject: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun - 12:25

[img]Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú 100_1410[/img]

Bothrocophias microphthalmus from Perú.

Local name: Jergon pudridora..

Do you like it??

best regards

Last edited by Walter Silva on Thu 31 Mar - 4:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun - 15:16

Wow, what a beauty...
Back to top Go down
René Meierkord
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun - 16:20

Really nice!

How long is this species (adult)?
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun - 4:47

Wow, that´s very nice snake he is really beautiful
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Marc Dubois
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Marc Dubois

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun - 9:33

Nice and beautiful coloration!
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun - 10:13

René Meierkord wrote:
Really nice!

How long is this species (adult)?

The adult is in 70 - 80 cm (average)...

The sp is very quite....

wishes

Walter
Back to top Go down
Grégoire Meier
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Grégoire Meier

Male
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun - 20:31

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
http://serpenti-del-ticino.over-blog.org/
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 14:29

Walter that is one amazeing snake.Are they rare or common.Do you breed them.I wish I had some of those little guys.
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 14:36

Very nice - they are evil looking... what is the common name?
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:00

Archie:

They are rare animal, non common..... I am looking male and female for my Institute (antivenom production)...but is very rare animal..

best regards
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:02

BradMiller wrote:
Very nice - they are evil looking... what is the common name?

Hi Brad, in Perú the common name is JERGON PUDRIDORA...for the necrosis in the snakebite..

best regards
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:05

Hi Brad, in Perú the common name is JERGON PUDRIDORA, for the necrosis in the snakebite

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:10

Stunning looking snake thank you post posting it!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 22 Dec - 21:32

Brilliant photo!

Where in Peru was this snake from? There is quite a lot of variation in the appearance (and genetics) of this species, so it would be interesting to compare this to existing data.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeThu 24 Dec - 23:57

Hi Wolfgang:

The snake from Tingo María (Perú).

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeSat 5 Mar - 3:36

Sir Walter Silva, did you think i was going to leave you out on my assault on VENOMLAND and this beautiful and quiet EU community well no !
Hello Walter , that Walter is a magnificent specimen of Bothrocophias microphthalmus from Peru.

Mr. Silva while on the subject of Bothrocophias a snake so rare as there is no Bothrocophias section im glad i found you, what information can you share about Bothrocophias Hyoprora in Peru if any.

Greatly appreciated looking forward to your reply when you have time Thanks Albert.
Back to top Go down
Martti Niskanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Martti Niskanen

Male
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar - 5:34

a beautiful individual of an amazing genus.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar - 1:24

Thats a realy nice snake. And for me, the first Time I´ve seen them!
At the first Moment I was thinking on a Deinagkistrodon acutus , when I see them.
Can you please ad some more Biological Informations about this species?
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar - 8:46

love it, how agrssive are they??
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar - 14:58

Wow yet another stunning snake on venomland forum, yet to see a bad 1! Great stuff Walter.
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:14

Albert J. Montejo wrote:
Sir Walter Silva, did you think i was going to leave you out on my assault on VENOMLAND and this beautiful and quiet EU community well no !
Hello Walter , that Walter is a magnificent specimen of Bothrocophias microphthalmus from Peru.

Mr. Silva while on the subject of Bothrocophias a snake so rare as there is no Bothrocophias section im glad i found you, what information can you share about Bothrocophias Hyoprora in Peru if any.

Greatly appreciated looking forward to your reply when you have time Thanks Albert.

Hi Albert, B hyoprora is very nice snake, and very quiet...but the bite is very strong....

In Perú, B hyoprora are collected in Iquitos (Loreto) for herpetologist.

I search in my computer any pics about them.

Greetings from Incas´Land
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:17

Peter van Issem wrote:
At the first Moment I was thinking on a Deinagkistrodon acutus , when I see them.

Hi Peter, Bothrocophias are very quiet in captivity, are good feeder, but when the bite...is very strong....in general is very quiet..

In this time, I have two babies (male and female) in my job....for the next time i will post any pics...

The sp is medium, 70 cm, fat, but very nice...

Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:19

Gustav Eloy wrote:
love it, how agrssive are they??

Hi Gustav, is very quiet...non agressive...

I don´t have Porthidium, but i think so is similar...

Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:20

Nigel Sowter wrote:
Wow yet another stunning snake on venomland forum, yet to see a bad 1! Great stuff Walter.

Thx Nigel.... for the next time i will post any pics of the Bothrocophias babies..

Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar - 3:12

Walter Silva wrote:
Peter van Issem wrote:

Hi Peter, Bothrocophias are very quiet in captivity, are good feeder, but when the bite...is very strong....in general is very quiet..

In this time, I have two babies (male and female) in my job....for the next time i will post any pics...

The sp is medium, 70 cm, fat, but very nice...

Thanks for that Information Walter.
A very nice and indeed interesting species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next