VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú

Go down 
+17
Edgar Gonzalez
Eli Carleton
Nigel Sowter
Gustav Eloy
Peter van Issem
Martti Niskanen
Albert J. Montejo
Wolfgang Wüster
Graeme Skinner
BradMiller
Archie Bottoms
Grégoire Meier
Marc Dubois
Jaroslav Karhánek
René Meierkord
Christian Moisander
Walter Silva
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar - 13:23

more pics,

are you like them???

The snake is from Tingo María (Perú).

Greetings from Incas´ Land

[url=Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000810]

[img]Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000812[/img][img]

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000813[/img]

[img]Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000814[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar - 14:51

Very nice little beasts:) wish you goodluck with them, I would like to have them in my collection in the future:) stunning snakes
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar - 22:46

Walter, Bothriocophias microphthalmus "Toad head pitviper " your too funny ..i see your new mascot , close to the ultimate serpent if there is one, yet it will be many years before people realize what they are looking at ...ah that's just another one of them darn hognose type things i reckon.
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Mar - 23:16

Quote Campbell and Lamar's textook, western hemisphere, All the species of Bothriocophias appear to be allopatric with one possible exception-B. hyoprora and B.microphthalmus are mostly elevationally segregated but may narrowly overlap in certain areas along the Amazonian versant of the Andes.
Walter this is something i took from personal observation of these two species in Ecuador, i was extremely impressed with B.hyoprora , jergon-shushupe ...fat boy!
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar - 5:21

Hi Albert:

In Perú the common name for B micropthalmus and B hyoprora is "Jergon pudridora" for the high necrozating power, and "Perdiz machaco".

B hyoprora is very nice, is pink and fat. I am looking for them, for the antivenom production.

Greetings from Incas´Land
Back to top Go down
Albert J. Montejo
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar - 5:57

Walter i first observed these snakes at a research center in Ecuador that specializes in production of antivenom , they held the various Bothrops spcs. and i think one B.hyoprora and another two B.microphthalmus zero Bothriopsis said they would pay a premium if i found any @ 20.00 us dollars ea.

Well B. hyoprora are incredible about 40 centimeters(1ft and 8 inches )long or less and about 10 centimeters circumfrence( 5-6 or more inches) thick around and the bone structure to match (wildcaught) huge long head (Toad headed) upturned burnt orange snout and small black dots along the sides remanent of their juvenile pattern .

The biologist in charge Dr. Freire explained to me about their virulent venom, yet this snake could not be coaxed to move an one centimeter , nothing (nada) hard to believe it was alive! all Bothrocophias are spectacular and should be further studied and introduced to professional herpetoculture.
Thanks for posting Walter, very motivational. Albert
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr - 14:33

fantastic, hope to get a pair some day, awesomee snakes man
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr - 14:33

fantastic, hope to get a pair some day, awesomee snakes man
Back to top Go down
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 May - 22:27

Hello Walter,

How are the Bothrocophias doing? Smile

Eli
Back to top Go down
Edgar Gonzalez

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun - 15:30

you little devil,

when you got this snake?, I can't wait to check it out live stream Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://150.164.37.75/labimq/index.php
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun - 3:59

Hi snakebrothers !!

Here, more pics of the nice snake..

do you like it??

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000733

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000757

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000732

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000735

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000750

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 P1000751

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 >

Back to top Go down
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun - 4:46

He Rocks:)
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 1:15

Great pictures of stunning snake:) How many of them do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 4:33

Jaroslav, I have a pair in the serpentarium...

Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun - 5:08

Really nice species !
reminds me a little of Hypnale sps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun - 5:02

Stefan:

Really, is very same to Hypnale.. And do you have pics about it?? In the topic Calloselama and Hypnale have a few pics..

Greetings from Perú
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun - 5:26

Venom Characteristics
Potent hemotoxin, but not well characterized. Venom of this species may be the most toxic of any in this genus. Preliminary studies have indicated that this snake's venom is poorly neutralized by some commercially available antivenoms.

http://www.afpmb.org/content/venomous-animals-b#Bothrocophiasmicrophthalmus

Is this species a common source of snakebite accidents throughout its range? Do victims typically recover?
Back to top Go down
Eli Carleton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun - 7:44

Wally,

Thank you for posting additional photos! They are very nice snakes indeed!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Walter Silva
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Walter Silva

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun - 13:34

April:

Thanks for your information. In Perú snakebite for this snake is not commom.

Eli:

Thanks. I will take more pics...yeahhh
Back to top Go down
April Mandel
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
April Mandel

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun - 1:50

Walter Silva wrote:
April:

Thanks for your information. In Perú snakebite for this snake is not commom.

As you've said, it's a rare snake with a strong venom. It would appear when snakebite accidents do occur, they tend to be exceptionally serious with a real possibility of death as an outcome.
Back to top Go down
Juan del Castillo

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Nov - 3:58

Hermosa serpiente ! en Perú hay serpientes muy bonitas y poco conocidas.
Gracias por colocarla.

Saludos.
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep - 12:57

Bothrocophias is just a dream gender to work with
I just got the chance to see one for the first time in Ecuador
just an amazing group
any updates on this magnificent animals

regards to everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú   Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jergón Pudridora (Bothrocophias microphthalmus) from Perú
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2