VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Rugosus and laevis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeSun 6 Apr - 18:26

I'd like to share some photo's with you of my Deathadders.
Can't say more then Mario already wrote in his sticky: exellent job b.t.w. !

Acantophis rugosus:
Rugosus and laevis IMG_0177-2

Rugosus and laevis IMG_0098-3

Acantophis laevis:
Rugosus and laevis IMG_0026-7

Rugosus and laevis IMG_0027-2

I'm only keeping these two animals but I noticed a difference in behaviour between
these species:
while the rugosus is a friendly creature, the laevis seems to be in a bad mood all the time.
I read this a time ago, but I can't tell you where...? scratch
This animal even took a bite out of himself once.
Rugosus and laevis Laevis1_0155

Gr.,
Pascal.
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeSun 6 Apr - 18:58

nice picture Pascal!

dont know why, somehow ill be very interested in this Elapids, strange creatures, they look like vipers but they are Elapids. well, for me, it is the first time i have the opportunity to keep Acanthophis of any kind. my animals are still youngsters. easy to handle and not such crazy snakes as i can can hear once in a while. they are secretive and sometimes you cant see them for some days well. but there behavior and their tactics of camouflage is funny. the end of the tail is amusing to me. when i feed them frogs they really use it to attract them. i wonder if they do anything else but hiding and ambushing the little amphibians.

i honestly hope, i could observe one time their breeding behavior here and get another bunch of small "aliens".

also interesting to see the species shows different behavior - but also within one group of animals from the same genus you already can observe different personalities.

i wonder if somebody else keep some other species? and maybe, we can get some informations together about breeding them and raising their youngsters?

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeMon 7 Apr - 6:06

Hi Mario,

viper like, ambush hunting Elapids... Exactly why I like them ! Cool You're right.
Can't tell to much about Acantophis; my experience with this genus doesn't go any further then these two
animals that I keep.

The caudal luring is a funny thing to observe; I see it quit often with the rugosus. Even when I take a look into the enclosure, without offering a meal.
The laevis doen't move a muscell... Sleep
Here is another picture of leavis after I put him back into his cage. (had to change a light-ball so had to take him out)
Really bad tempered animal; took two bites at the snake-hook and one... well, that's obvious. Rolling Eyes

Rugosus and laevis Laevis_inzet-1
Back to top Go down
Mario Strasser

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 19:56

Breeding deathers should work normally very easy. I think one of the most important thing is to keep them a bit colder during a few (ca.3 -4 )month.
I´ve made the eperience that it´s much easier to rais babys from aussie animals than species from PNG like rugosus and leavis. My antarcticus babys accept food much earlier than others do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.giftschlangen-freiburg.de
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 21:16

Hi (other) Mario !

I've never breed Acantophis; but I hope I will in the future.
First I have to hook up the lone specimens...

Hope you will share pictures of your animals; I'm curious to see them... Smile Cool
Back to top Go down
Mario Strasser

Male

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 22:23

If you explain to me how i can upload the pics in here !
Back to top Go down
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 23:50

I don't know if there is a topic about this, but I'll try to explain, Mario.

You can't upload pics from your computer on this forum...
So you have to put them on-line first. I use photobucket:
http://photobucket.com/login?link=topmenu
Register first to make an account.
Now you're ready...

This is what you see:
Rugosus and laevis Naamloos-8

To upload, press 'choose files'...
Rugosus and laevis Naamloos2-1

Open an album and select your picture:
Rugosus and laevis Naamloos3

When your pictures are uploaded you can add the IMG Code in your post,
by copying it ( right-klick mouse):
Rugosus and laevis Naamloos4

I hope you understand, Mario... Good luck.

Gr.,
Pascal.
Back to top Go down
Mario Strasser

Male

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 2:32

Hmmm doesn´t work. But you can look some photos here

https://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/pyrrhus/Acanthophis
Back to top Go down
Pascal Kamp
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Pascal Kamp

Male

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 16:29

Now I see that you have a website... Embarassed
My compliments, it's looking great, Mario.

I read the article about maintaining (Haltungshinweise) laevis...
I have the same experience with hooking them; when I have to take the laevis out, most of the time no problem.
But to put them back into the cage... Shocked they are like eels indeed.
Most of the time I have to 'throw' them back, otherwise it's impossible.

Gr.,
Pascal.
Back to top Go down
Harold van der Ploeg
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Harold van der Ploeg

Male
Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 6:41

Nice snakes Pascal!

Cheers,
Harold
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomenal.com
Sponsored content

Rugosus and laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugosus and laevis   Rugosus and laevis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rugosus and laevis
Page 1 of 1