VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Acanthophis laevis

Go down 
+3
Nigel Sowter
Sebastian Arvidsson
Klaus Roemer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 0:02

This is our laevis female from Aseki island. It is huge - almost 80 cm long. Enjoy.

Acanthophis laevis Laevisfemale1
Acanthophis laevis Laevishead1
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 9:54

wow! big lady Smile how old is she?
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 9:56

Yes that's 1 big adder, feeding on rats? Never seen 1 from Aseki before, the 1's from PNG i've seen were mainly black. Really like the colours of this 1, wild caught or captive bred?-Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 21:08

Nigel Sowter wrote:
Yes that's 1 big adder, feeding on rats? Never seen 1 from Aseki before, the 1's from PNG i've seen were mainly black. Really like the colours of this 1, wild caught or captive bred?-Cheers.

@ Nigel,
the animal that Klaus has show us, display the typical coloration of the ,,Aseki´´ laevis. I´ve seen nearly black laevis, but the was from Halmahera. I see this only one time on the expo in Houten, but now it is more than 6-7 years ago. Also there was some gray ones with very thin crossbars. Like the blacks, I´ve never seen this after that show. The was exported over Bali to Germany.
In my opinion, the Aseki laevis is one of the biggest laevis, of anny population, because maby the ones from upper PNG are bigger, but I read only from them and I´ve never seen such a snake.
My from Aseki are in size and coloration very similar to that from Klaus. The males are sometimes much more colorfull and contrasted. The females are more reddish-brown. But they are very haevy and eat like pig´s.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 23:05

Very nice, first time I see this colour with Laevis. Thanx for sharing

Best regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 23:16

Hi Sebastian, Nigel, Peter, Bostjan, all

I don't know exactly how old this snake is as I got it as an adult, but it was captive bred, according to the info I have. It eats 40 gr rats like a vacuum. In the 12 years that I have been keeping Acanthophis, we had a couple of big animals such as for instance some antarcticus and also a very large rugosus female, but this one is definitely a monster. I got a very beautifully coloured male with it, but separated them after the lady had tried to kill him once and I just got there right in time. Can you imagine how much venom this specimen produces?
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec - 4:03

okay interesting! bought myself my first pair Acanthopis (laevis) locality Merauke and are really happy very cool to keep. You Klaus has kept this species for a while how do you do when you are going to release them together to keep down the risk that some of them will be bitten and die by accident? try to get them fed before they are placed together, or how do you do?

Best regards Sebastian!

Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec - 6:41

Peter van Issem wrote:

@ Nigel,
the animal that Klaus has show us, display the typical coloration of the ,,Aseki´´ laevis. I´ve seen nearly black laevis, but the was from Halmahera. I see this only one time on the expo in Houten, but now it is more than 6-7 years ago. Also there was some gray ones with very thin crossbars. Like the blacks, I´ve never seen this after that show. The was exported over Bali to Germany.
In my opinion, the Aseki laevis is one of the biggest laevis, of anny population, because maby the ones from upper PNG are bigger, but I read only from them and I´ve never seen such a snake.
My from Aseki are in size and coloration very similar to that from Klaus. The males are sometimes much more colorfull and contrasted. The females are more reddish-brown. But they are very haevy and eat like pig´s.

Thanks Peter-pity Aseki isn't in outback Australia somewhere. lol
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec - 20:42

Yes Nigel,
we have problems to get some of the Australian ones and for you guys in Australia it isn´t easy to get acces to the Indonesian ones. So we both can dream for some species...but, when it was easy to get everything, it makes something not so intresting. So we still have something to work on.
Back to top Go down
Chaim Haveman
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Chaim Haveman

Male
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeSun 1 Jan - 21:18

pffff, she has such a gorgeous face!!
love the colours
Back to top Go down
Per-Elon Jonasson
Per-Elon Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan - 9:20

Lovely snake.

I really have to get some of those soon...

Regards // Pelon
Back to top Go down
http://www.pelon.se
Sponsored content

Acanthophis laevis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis laevis   Acanthophis laevis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acanthophis laevis
Page 1 of 1