VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)

Go down 
+4
Niels van den Hooff
Wolfgang Wüster
Andrew Hacket
Nigel Sowter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Empty
PostSubject: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 16:48

Got this yearling pair of "Camooweals" in january 2011 from a fellow herper. Camooweal is located in the far north/west of Queensland. I think they are abit on the small size for their age but will work on that. Don't know why the male is up on the branch, pic taken early february, needs to be teased alot to feed him, bites & releases 5/6 times before he holds on-a work in progress for this 1.
Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Feburary6th20114

No dramas with the female, she has never knocked back a meal yet. Pics taken early march.
Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) March14th201119

Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) March14th20114

Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) March14th20116
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 17:17

Nice one !!! You can NEVER have enough death adders , good luck with the male and keep us posted !
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 17:36

Your right Andrew! Always keeping an eye out for more adders, they should start dropping here in Australia very shortly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 17:38

For info, those are not A. antarcticus - they are part of the A. rugosus complex.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 18:07

Wolfgang Wüster wrote:
For info, those are not A. antarcticus - they are part of the A. rugosus complex.

No worries Wolfgang, I have no doubt you are correct. Under our licencing system down here in Victoria Australia they only recognize 3 species antarcticus, praelongus & pyrrhus. I have Sydney "Reds", Camooweals & Dajarras all under antarcticus-some serious work needs to be done down here on the adders. If they are rugosus then i would be holding illegal animals as rugosus are not on our licencing system!
Back to top Go down
Niels van den Hooff
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Niels van den Hooff

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 3:32

Awesome snakes!! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.nelobro.com
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 5:02

I agree with Niels.
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 16:52

Thanks people, fiesty little devils always keeping me on my toes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgang Wüster
Systematicus
Systematicus

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 19:21

Nigel Sowter wrote:
Wolfgang Wüster wrote:

No worries Wolfgang, I have no doubt you are correct. Under our licencing system down here in Victoria Australia they only recognize 3 species antarcticus, praelongus & pyrrhus. I have Sydney "Reds", Camooweals & Dajarras all under antarcticus-some serious work needs to be done down here on the adders. If they are rugosus then i would be holding illegal animals as rugosus are not on our licencing system!

Ah yes, the thankless task of reconciling reality and bureaucracy Wink

But yes, there is a lot more work needed on these critters, bo doubt about it.

Cheers,

WW
Back to top Go down
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bss166/
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar - 17:04

Female shed yesterday

Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) March20th201111

Last edited by Nigel Sowter on Tue 3 Jul - 23:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeSun 20 Mar - 18:47

Nice specimen. Very nice colour.

Regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Mats Olsson

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov - 18:52

Nice snakes i like to have some off this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb - 21:54

Bit of a update on the male, would'nt keep still for a pic so I fed him a rat.
Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) February19th201216
Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) February19th201226
As you can see he's turned into a guts & the female has now slowed up-the joys of keeping herps!
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul - 7:07

Took this picture of my female while cleaning the other day. Will put this pair together this year for the first time. Cheers
Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) July1st201220-1
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul - 9:44

Thanks for the tip Nigel , next time I have a restless subject ill use this rat distraction technique :p Nice Camoo's !! Whats the biggest death adder youve seen ? Andrew
Back to top Go down
Paul Nicholas Dunn
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Paul Nicholas Dunn

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul - 18:03

very nice
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul - 23:05

Thanks Andrew, got a sydney red female that is pushing 1 metre & I was recently over in Perth where I met Simon Ball & he has some Barkly's which I think were bigger again.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul - 23:18

Nigel , please get some pics of the big ones if you can !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)   Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acanthophis antarcticus (Camooweal)
Page 1 of 1