VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Some of my African cobras :)

Go down 
+12
Nigel Sowter
George Faitatzoglou
Israel M. Sánchez
James Shepherd
Jamie Osburn
Mike Spencer
Hans Bergman
Mateusz Zieliński
Chaim Haveman
Ro vd Bergh
Marco Nell
Sebastian Arvidsson
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct - 17:41

@ Nigel: thank you Smile the enclosures for N. Nivea: 1.5m*60cm*60cm L*D*H and for N. Haje Legionis: 2m*60cm*60cm L*D*......Nivea becomes 5-6 ft...N. Haje legionis 6-7 ft...N. Nigricollis about 8 ft....N. Pallida 4 ft...Rinkhals 3 ft....hehe but you have very nice animals in Australia to Smile i mean Death adders and copperheads and Red belly black snake is not something to be ashamed of Wink

@ Israel: they are just planted in the substrate..yes iam very satisfeid with the result Smile almost all things in the enclosure are taken in nature. not the substrate but stones,plants,branches
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct - 19:34

Sorry for so many questions, Sebastian, Smile but I have another one for you: how do you deal with parasites when you take that plants from the field?
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct - 19:52

@ israel: no problems Smile I usually shake the plants so all soil and other fields of. and I've never heard anyone who had problems with parasites from something they have taken from nature. but if someone who has had problems with parasites from the things they took from nature so they may as well tell how they stopped the problem because I have so far not happened to Smile
Back to top Go down
Israel M. Sánchez
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Israel M. Sánchez

Male
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct - 20:10

Mmmm... I have been in some of the Cape cobra environments and with the exception of fynbos (which I love, with all those different plants), these scrub, dry-savannah habitats dominated by weeds like yours are, for me, the most eye-appealing to reconstruct in a vivarium for the species. Good idea for my future vivs... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct - 20:24

yes it is much more fun to watch the animals in an environment so similar that they live in as possible and I even think that there are studies that they actually feel much better in a terrarium which is decorated properly yet as some have just newsprint and hiding something. and their natural behavior appears more the better Snake feels comfortable on. so for me it's very important how the interior of the Temperature is on how the animals feel certain it can be a little job of keeping the sometimes but I get so much back so it's worth the effort
Back to top Go down
Nigel Sowter
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2010-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct - 22:43

Sebastian Arvidsson wrote:
yes it is much more fun to watch the animals in an environment so similar that they live in as possible and I even think that there are studies that they actually feel much better in a terrarium which is decorated properly yet as some have just newsprint and hiding something. and their natural behavior appears more the better Snake feels comfortable on. so for me it's very important how the interior of the Temperature is on how the animals feel certain it can be a little job of keeping the sometimes but I get so much back so it's worth the effort

Would have to agree with you on decorating the terrarium especially on active species. I went over board & gave mine outdoor pits (1.8x1.5x900) & tubs (2.1x2.1x900) suits the elapids I keep, being active as they are theres more room for them to explore & I think the natural conditions provides some enrichment for them-or I'm just a lazy keeper bigger the better clean less often ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 6:57

hahaha i agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct - 4:36

Very nice cobra's and enclosures man !
Really like them.
im buidling new enclosures for my Naja kaouthia's soon.
Those will measure 200x80x60.. They are so nice to observe in a spacious wel decorated enclosure.
So reaally like the way you keep yours.

Great looking rinkhals you have there !
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct - 4:55

@ stefans: thanks! Smile yes you will get so much back from the animals if they are doing well Smile yes Rinkhals from kokstad is my favorite cobra of them African species ...I can hardly wait until they become adults when they dyed out, etc. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct - 1:12

Now my nigricollis with a terrarium, he also ... and this is very much appreciated, he's new home Wink

Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Dsc_0015

this is just a "shower" ... not something you want in your eyes

Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Dsc_0017
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct - 20:57

Naja Pallida 1.1 enclosure Smile

Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Dsc_0018

Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Dsc_0019
Back to top Go down
Ren Monuo

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 0:19

the rinkhals is really beautiful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Piero Moroni
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Piero Moroni

Male
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 0:41

Hi Sebastian ;

Their cages are really beautiful, beautiful decor and very clean facilities, what more Wink
They are what lengths their cage ?

Regards...
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun - 4:25

hello piero! thanks a lot! Smile their cages is 2m*60*60 L*D*H and 1,5m*60*60 L*D*H Smile

actually, I would have liked them 80 deep instead but this works for a while. But if you are building your own so I recommend 80 deep instead of the place is!

Best regards!
Back to top Go down
Twan van Berge
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Twan van Berge

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun - 22:58

stunning snakes mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my African cobras :)    Some of my African cobras :)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my African cobras :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2