VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II

Go down 
+25
Sebastian Arvidsson
Kelly Aarnio
Alex Forzudo
Koshy George
Andre Schmid
Nigel Sowter
Greg Starkins
Gustav Eloy
Bob Herrington
Mike Spencer
Christoph Studer
Nicolas Cartier
Samuel Li
Niklas Eriksson
Stefan Anthonijsz
BradMiller
Jaroslav Karhánek
Sebastian Rosberg
kevin oberson
Markus Gottlieb
Rob Deans
Michael Jonasson
Max Carlsson
Lukas Maurer
Frank Weinsheimer
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Empty
PostSubject: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 3:01

Hello everybody,

a lot of people asked me to show more pictures of my cages and their inhabitants. So, here we are.

At first a general overview over some parts of my snakerooms. This picture shows the cage of the Dendroaspis polylepis (3.5m x 1.2m x 1.3m) on top and the two terraria for the adult Oxyuranus microlepidotus (both 1.75m x 1.2m x 1.1m).

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc45

Right to the Mambacage you enter the door to the next snakeroom, Here you have on the left and on the right side 6 terraria. On the left side the bottom cages are reserved for 1.1 and 1.0 Zhaoermia mangshanensis, while the four cages in the middle and on top are for the Daboia russelii russelii. All cages have the same size: 1.5m x 1.2m x 0.8m. On the top end of the room you can see some parts of the tools I use to clean the cages and work with the animals.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc46

This is a picture of the Racksystem I use to raise the juveniles. The boxes are 0.4m x 0.25m each, and the whole Rack is filled with 26 boxes, heated by heating cables and connected to a thermostat. As long as the "door" of the tower is closed it´s not possible to open the boxes. This is a further insurance not accidently leaving a box open. If the door is closed, all boxes are locked as well.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc47

Here you can see one of the Zhaoermia mangshanensis-cages. The plants have to grow a little bit more, before it looks really natural.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc48

A close up of one of the Zhaoermia-males. My pride and joy!

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc49

The other male. In my opinion one of the most spectecular and beautiful snakes.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc50

This is the terrarium for the adult male Oxyuranus microlepidotus.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc51

The owner looking outside his house.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc52

This is one of the cages for the Echis ocellatus. You can see one of the males.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_st10

A closeup of the same animal.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc53

This the cage of the female Atropoides occiduus. Further details in another topic (see the Atropoides-Section).

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc54

The male Crotalus ravus ravus inside his home.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_sc55

And now some pictures of settings I had on the past. This is a cage I build for a female Calliophis bivirgata flaviceps.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_im10

This is a setting I build in the past for the adult female Perth-Acanthophis antarcticus.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_im12

A big female Daboia russelii russelii inhabitated this cage.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_te10

This is one of the settings I build in the past for my female Bitis rhinoceros. The size of the terrarium was 2m x 1m x 1.3m.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_im14

Last but not least one of the settings I build for a female Cupiennius salei. Now I don´t keep spiders anymore, but I just wanted to show that even very small cages can look quite natural. This one is 0.2m x 0.2m x 0.3m.

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Neu_im15

I hope you enjoyed it.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Lukas Maurer

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 3:26

Hello Frank

Really really beautyfull cages! Thats what i call serious Snake keeping!

Regards

Lukas
Back to top Go down
Max Carlsson
Max Carlsson

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 5:15

I just love thes cages!
You are the man!!

Max
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 6:10

Amazing cages!

I am soon moving and getting a snakeroom of my own Very Happy I am sure to go back to your pictures for inspiration when i am decorating my own cages.

What material do you use when you build your cages, looks really good.
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 14:35

Thanks for sharing Frank. Do you supply holes in the ground for entering hideboxes for the elapids only?
Back to top Go down
Markus Gottlieb
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Markus Gottlieb

Male
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 15:33

Really nice!

I think everyone can pick some good loocking ideas from your cages!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
kevin oberson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 16:50

Hi Frank,

Congratulations! That's a great job!!!! For sure one of the best settings (decoration) I ve seen...

Greetings

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Rosberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sebastian Rosberg

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 17:59

Im just stunned..

You have the most beautiful cages i ever seen at home Smile

Keep up the good work and post some more Smile

Greetings Sebastian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov - 21:32

Fantastic enclosures!

Well done & your Zhaoermia pictured is beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov - 0:22

Hi there Frank,

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. Question, what kind of lamp do you use for the plants to grow up, what kind of plant species do you use?

thanks a lot for this great demonstration!

lucas C.
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov - 2:45

Absolutely fantastic enclosures! Your cages are the most beautifull which I´ve ever seen. Can you tell me from which materials do you have back walls?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov - 11:23

Wonderful work! All look great!
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov - 18:21

Very nice Frank - how do you keep your plants alive - never mind thriving I tried many times but the plants always die.

The bottom part of your cages that are recessed - is that for ventilation?
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov - 15:46

One of the best looking enclosures EVER seen! Would like to see some pictures of the black mamba Cool
Back to top Go down
Niklas Eriksson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeMon 16 Nov - 17:33

Very beautiful, the cages look very realistic. Is it possible to get some more shots on that ravus?
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov - 22:47

Thanks to everyone or the positive comments.

@Michael: I use everything natural I can find, like different substrates, leaves, branches, etc. The backwalls a re all artificial, I will write a topic with pictures about the buildingprosess within the next days. Please be patient...

@Rob: Yes, I use them only for the Dendroaspis and for the adult Oxyuranus. The problem is, you need a deep substratelayer to build the hiding boxes, like I did it. And to be honest, most elapids are really easy to keep without any danger for the keeper, if you provide a deep cage with good opportunities for the animals to hide, so they feel safe even when you open the cage and clean it.

@Lucas: I use neontubes and HQL-bulbes to light the cages, depending on the height of the cage. A high output of the bulbs is very important for plants. It is most important to use robust plants, not to plant them direktly under a spot, and to keep them well-watered. As well it is important to remove poo away from the roots as soon as possible, otherwise the plant will die soon.

@Brad: Yes!

@Niklas: Yes, I will upload some within the next days.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov - 22:04

Hmm that an awesome way of creating a flow of air - I assume you have something similar at the top.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov - 1:52

hmmmmmm.....the Zhaoermia looks familiar wonder if he remembers too!
Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.zoocon.com/Herps
Nicolas Cartier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov - 2:28

the cages is very beautiful. have you got picture of your calliophis ?
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov - 6:54

Do you ever handle you Inlands and Mamba's? Or do you always use the hideboxes? And what if some animals need medical treatment or eyecaps removed?

Maybe you made the hidebox in a way that you can get them straight in a tube or snakebag?

I really want to keep Black Mamba's and Inlands once, but they aren't the easiest animals to handle Wink

Another question... How big are your Inlands?
Back to top Go down
Christoph Studer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christoph Studer

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov - 16:57

Dear Frank

I've already notified via email really a very nice work.
I'm glad we met us here Wink

Christoph
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec - 3:05

[quote="Frank Weinsheimer"]Thanks to everyone or the positive comments.

@Michael: I use everything natural I can find, like different substrates, leaves, branches, etc. The backwalls a re all artificial, I will write a topic with pictures about the buildingprosess within the next days. Please be patient...

Still waiting Frank Smile Do you have any drawings of the construction of these cages laying around i would appreciate if you wanted to share them.

Best regards
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeThu 30 Dec - 14:29

Frank, you have some great looking setups! Congrats on them and the awesome animals. I'm jealous of the ravus!

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
Bob Herrington
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeFri 31 Dec - 8:51

Beautiful cages and animals. Can't wait for a closer look at your cages!
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jan - 6:20

wowo they are all fantastic cages, congrats, anymore pics pleas'?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II   Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Various cage settings and inhabitants-Part II
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next