VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Empty
PostSubject: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 2:55

This two males het for scaleless came to me from Neven couple of months ago. They have adapted very well to their new enviroment and they are feeding on defrost mice on every two weeks.

Male no.1
Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Pb260010
Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Pb260012
Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Pb270116

Male no.2 A bit more brightly coloured than the first and stays most of the time buried underground.
Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Pb260013
Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Pb260112

Can't wait to get a Scaleless female on Monday. Regards, BKK

Back to top Go down
Arjan Breedveld
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Arjan Breedveld

Male
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 6:57

Nice bunch of puff adders you got there Borstjan.
Are they juveniels? Always difficult to see on photo's.
Do you know the locality?
Unbelievable how widespread this adder is, just shows how tuff they are.

greetings,
arjan
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 16:44

i feel with your comment jon , snakes should have scales .
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 16:50

Thank you, Mr. Niemann. I deleted my first post, but It's good to know that others may agree, too. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 17:05

Bostijan please odnt understand my posting wrong , those are bautyfull specimen oyu got there.
but breding for scles snakes has a foul taste to me , sorry ,i know snakes with out scales is somehow a freak of mother nature and happends but should we endorse that by breeding more of em ?
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 18:59

Everyone can have an oppinion. Scaleless snakes are actually a freak of nature, maybe that is making them interesting. Otherwise this is just another mutation like Striped Bitis Arietans. I did not see Scaleless Puff Adder other than on pictures yet. As I understand those snakes still have belly scales. But they are fascinating to me. I don't plan to breed a lot of them in the future, maybe once. I wanted a Scaleless Bitis Arietans for a long time. Well Neven made my dream come true and Scaleless female is on the way. I plan to get also Scaleless Crotalus Atrox, Pantherophis Guttata and if I'm lucky, once also Scaleless Ball Python and Scaleless Death Adder. No offence, but they are really fascinating to me. Even though they look like from another world and a bit unnatural.

Regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 19:05

yes everyone has and should have his own opinion aobut this .
i never heard of scaleless python regius before
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 19:18

Quote :
As I understand those snakes still have belly scales.

No, they don't - at least not those i've bred.

And they can't be compared with a simple colour/pattern mutation like "striped" in my opinion.

As you said, everyone can have an opinion.
I think there must be good reasons for scales....
regards
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 19:23

i have seen scaleless cornsnkes and atrox that did indeed have bellyscales but not all do and those that do have some , well there arent as mch scales as they normaly would have
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Nov - 19:31

Stephan Niemann wrote:
yes everyone has and should have his own opinion aobut this .
i never heard of scaleless python regius before

Scaleless Ball Python is new and still unprooven mutation. And won't be available probably for a long time. I saw pictures from only one specimen. This one is completly scaleless snake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09   Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bitis Arietans Het Scaleless 09
Page 1 of 1