VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.

Go down 
+12
Andre Schmid
Tanja Schmidt
Marios Vergetopoulos
Hans Bergman
Gustav Eloy
Israel M. Sánchez
Rainer Fesser
Christian Gustavsson
Patrick Vince
Fabian Dirks
Andrew Hacket
Daniel Claesson
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr - 19:58

Box is in place. She shed a couple of days ago and should be ready to lay eggs very soon.

I will keep this post up to speed as soon as eggs have arrived Very Happy

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May - 2:18

Some bad news.

The female laid 8 infertile eggs/sluggs Sad

I hope for more luck next year.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Hans Bergman
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Hans Bergman

Male
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May - 3:49

ahh sorry to hear Sad
better luck next year
never give up
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May - 4:15

Hello Daniel,

that´s a pity, sorry to hear that.

Do you have any hint for a reason for getting a better result next year?

Best regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May - 18:15

@Rainer: To be honest i don't have a clue why the outcome was like it was. Thoughts have been on if i cycle them right, if the microhabitat i provide is right.

I'm stuck on the thought that something in the environment i provide is not optimal. I don't think it is a "energy" related problem as the female had big fat depots stored and had feed very good since she came in my possession.

It can be that i took them out of hibernation to early and need to cycle them longer next year ?

Other than that i'm clueless Question

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May - 18:31

Very sad to hear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 May - 20:03

Hello Daniel,

how long did you hibernate them and at what temperature?
The female must have had enough fat stored, otherwise she would not have produced these eggs.

Cheers,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 11 May - 20:45

@Rainer:
I hibernated them from first of December to last day in February, so around 90 days (3 months). Temperature was pending between 5-9 degree celsius depending on how cold it was outside that particular day.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 0:05

Hello Daniel,

the temp. surely was deep enough, they will rarely have such low temp during hibernation in nature. The duration seems short though I would not say that IS the reason.
I used to hibernate mine at 8-12° for 4 - 4 1/2 months and they bred normally.

Good luck for next time,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Marios Vergetopoulos

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 8:06

don't get disapponted.

mind that there is a chance in getting a second clutch this season.you never know......

Back to top Go down
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 17:08

Rainer Fesser wrote:
Hello Daniel,

the temp. surely was deep enough, they will rarely have such low temp during hibernation in nature. The duration seems short though I would not say that IS the reason.
I used to hibernate mine at 8-12° for 4 - 4 1/2 months and they bred normally.

Good luck for next time,
Rainer
Rainer is wright, and i have even successfull reproductions with short hivernation (8 weeks) and within 10/15°c.As i write it former, tmalpolon does not hesitate to get out their hidding during winter, even with 11°C outside...but sunny day of course.And now we have some warmer winter (here in the south), even timon lepidus get out when sun is here! In fact they hibernate from end of november to beginning of febuary and do not hesitate to get out sunning themselfs when the weather permit.Of course they only bask, and do not feed.

A second clutch is more unlikely than other sp of snake, their (malpolon) breeding pattern is linked with spring, and only spring wich is a rare pattern with paleartic colubrid.It means you can only find sperm during this time of year.
Maybe they are to young....
R.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 12 May - 18:22

Thanks all.

I will make some adjustments regarding hibernation for next year and hope for the best.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 4:57

Hibernation just ended, i hope for more luck this year.

For this season they are getting a new enclosure as i thought they old one had been outgrown. Old enclosure measured 150x65x65cm and their new one measures 200x80x80cm.
I was building the new enclosure while they where in hibernation and now it is ready for the snakes to move in.

I think it looks quite good and even better then their last enclosure

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 6962361325_fa41d3885d_b

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 6816243370_73b0c964f6_b

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Tanja Schmidt
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Tanja Schmidt

Female
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 5:11

It´s very beautiful. My fingers are crossed for your breeding this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienhaufen.de
Andre Schmid
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Andre Schmid

Male
Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 12:45

Awesome cage...really impressive, good work !
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperas.de/
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 16:46

Hello Daniel,

that looks really good.
I wish you much luck and many healthy babies from this pair (and your other snakes too of course),
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Mar - 17:30

@Tanja: Thanks.

@Andre: Thank you, it took almost 2,5 months to get it close to somewhat that i had in my mind.

@Rainer: Thanks.

Regards
Daniel

Back to top Go down
Arjan Huitsing
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Arjan Huitsing

Male
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Mar - 4:32

beautifull animals!! love them!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.terrestrialsnakes.com
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar - 18:47

If only I had the space.....

It's really great! Hope this will be the right atmosphere for them to produce many eggs Very Happy

These pictures make me jealous and feeling unhappy about the size of my tanks. My kids will only fly out in about 10 or 15 years. Embarassed

Good luck with your Malpolon, Christian
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Mar - 17:29

Christian: Thanks. I am pretty happy about how this enclosure turned out.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 May - 23:32

Hello Daniel

Have you become aware of any mating activity till now?

Regards, Christian
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 May - 23:34

Hi !

I have seen the male courting the female but now actual mating.

I hope for the best.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May - 1:10

I've never seen the mating act itself because they are too shy and I didn't want to disturb them. But when they are lying together all the time then things should be allright. I wish you good luck and please send some new pics of your giant tank, preferably with the snakes in. Very Happy

Actually I have 14 eggs and I think the female that laid eggs first will lay it's second clutch this night. It's constantly saerching and digging around.

Regards, Christian
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 May - 17:47

Thanks for those kind words Christian.

Send me an e-mail and i will provide you with some pictures. I hope your eggs hatch and you get some more. What's the origin of yours ?

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 May - 2:15

They are from Egypt and one male of "unknown" origin; De Haan thinks, it's from southeastern Europe.

The third couple should be of French origin. But they are very shy and till now no mating activity could be observed...

My email ist schaich@bluewin.ch

Thanks in advance for the pics.

Kind regards, Christian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next