VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.

Go down 
+12
Andre Schmid
Tanja Schmidt
Marios Vergetopoulos
Hans Bergman
Gustav Eloy
Israel M. Sánchez
Rainer Fesser
Christian Gustavsson
Patrick Vince
Fabian Dirks
Andrew Hacket
Daniel Claesson
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male
Number of posts : 454
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 4 May - 17:07

Ok nice. Mine are also from southeastern Europe.

I will send you some pictures later this week.

Best Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 14:39

Last night my female laid a nice small clutch! The eggs are about 2 or 3 times bigger than last time and looking promising.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 17:41

Good news Fabian. Keep us up to date on the progress.

I have not seen any matings yet but female is really fat so they might have done the dirty thing while i was away from home Very Happy

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 18:52

thx Daniel,

I never see them mating,too.
Two weeks ago I expected her to be pregnant and I putted a dropbox inside.
Nothing happen and the shape became normal.
A few days ago the shape was "pregnant" again and laid most time underground. - there was also the eggs!
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 19:06

Sounds like the same story for as for me. My female is still fat but i look for egg every evening. So far i have found nothing.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 19:58

@ Fabian Congratulation Fabian! sunny

How many eggs has she laid?
Have you offered a hiding box for the clutch or did you take it out after she had got slim again?
Has the female shed before (if so, how many days before?)?

Wish you good luck.

Regards, Christian

@ Daniel

Some days before you should be able to see the eggs, especially when she crawls over a branch.
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 20:44

The femals sheds 3 weeks ago.
I offered a hiding box all the time and sometimes she laid in.

The femals laid 3 big sizzed eggs, in comparison to the last ones.

Next month I will start an attempt with the black male.

rgds Fabian
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 22:05

@ Fabian

Did you offer a heated or just a simple box? And what did you put in to keep the humidity?

Since I've offered heated boxes with slightly moisty sand (and some peat in one case) all the clutches have been in the right place. Unheated boxes have not been accepted till now.

How are you going to incubate the eggs? At the moment I'm trying out 3 different methods. Would be interesting to know.

Take care of the eggs!

Regards, Christian
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 9 May - 22:20

I offered a box at different points and using a Heatpanel.

Now I will incubate them around 28 degrees (80-90 % humidity) with Vermiculite as substrate.

Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 10 May - 0:56

Some pics of my extremely shy French male, one day after shedding:

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/100/img0495jv.jpg/
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/109/img0491wu.jpg/
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/195/img0488ft.jpg/
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/684/img0490cn.jpg/

Fortunately, male and female are a very keen on food and take almost any mouse or rat I offer.

Pics were taken at night (cheap compact camera) and I had to us a flash. I was very glad that the male stayed for some minutes and started observing me full of interest. The "wife", that is extremly large (not like Daniel's Very Happy ) is even more anxious and can hardly ever be seen.

I do not know anything about mating activity or gravity because I try not to bother the two.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 10 May - 2:04

Christian:

Your snakes are very different from mine. My snakes are not shy at all, female is very calm and can easily be handle by hand. Male is more defensive, huffs and puffs a lot Laughing but once hooked out of the terrarium he is calm and can almost always be handled by hand in a calm way.

When it comes to food the male is like Terminator, attacks everything that smells "nice", moves and sounds Twisted Evil and the female is more gentle and refuses to eat rats. Chicks and mice works great. Male of course eats everything.

My male dont have the same nice dark patch as yours. Really nice male you got there.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 11 May - 21:41

@ Daniel

M.m. males look really different from M.i. They have this dark "saddle" on the front back and fair blue spots on the side between belly and back. Females look all the same Laughing

The three males differ a lot; the old male of unknown origin (southeastern Europe) looks like yours. It's the only one I can take out without problems and it even deliberately crawls on my arm.

Females take food from the tweezers but only when they are hiding and peeping out of the hole. They feed on rat puppies, little mice and especially chicklets. Snakes I offered were not taken.

The males are very much attracted by metallic-shiny objets. When I clean the tank by use of a spoon I regularly get "attacked" by the males. They are very interested in my metal tweezers, too. Still don't know why?

Regards, Christian

Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May - 16:47

UPDATE !!!

Female is in shed and still looking round and plump. Crossing every limb that it is eggs and not a giant pop.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May - 20:32

Crossing everything,too ! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May - 22:30

Fabian: Thanx mate afro

Mvh D
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May - 23:24

Hi Daniel

Good luck for the next two week. Hope everything's gonna be alright.

Regards, Christian
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May - 3:38

Christina: Thanx, i'm "walking on nails" right now.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christian Schaich
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Christian Schaich

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May - 20:37

8 eggs are still looking fine after 56 days, but the other (later) clutch of the second small female was not that good: I have opened three eggs because they became yellow and lost weight (and a bad smell) Shocked

Despite looking great in the first weeks, they were not fertilized and just had a white-yellowish mass (like cottage cheese) inside; no veins or even embryos to find. So there just remains one egg of this small female Sad

Last edited by Christian Schaich on Sun 20 May - 20:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May - 21:31

Sad news ...
Hope the remaining eggs go well ...

Hope that everything goes good for us and that we will produce some nice offspring !
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May - 17:05

Sad news, hope for the best on the remaining eggs.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 May - 17:50

UPDATE

Eggs have arrived, much smaller then i expected. I counted them to 8 and female still looks like she have some more to deliver.

To day i can't be happier, i hope for the best with the eggs being viable this time.

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 7306843364_7531804e39_b

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 May - 18:33

WOW. Congrats!

Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 May - 18:37

Thanks Fabian..

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Petr Pape™ík
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Petr Pape™ík

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 May - 22:48

Congratulation Daniel!!!
Back to top Go down
Daniel Claesson
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Daniel Claesson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun - 3:03

Petr: Thanks..

The finale count ended at 12 eggs where 3 looks a bit sad.

Regards
Daniel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.   Malpolon monspessulanus ssp. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malpolon monspessulanus ssp.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next