VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

My new Snake/Hot room

Go down 
+7
Gustav Eloy
Greg Spencer
Kelly Chabak
Fabian Dirks
Rob Deans
Michael Jonasson
anthony lineberry
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-06-03

My new Snake/Hot room Empty
PostSubject: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar - 15:01

So tonight I finally got my new snake room setup! I just moved into a 3 bedroom apt about a week ago; excited to have a dedicated room for them now. Thought I'd post some pics of the setup. Excuse the bad photo quality, I was just using my cell phone, which doesn't do well in sub-par lighting.

The entrance has a keyed lock I installed and I will be putting in weather stripping across the bottom of the door this week to seal off the room. This is so that if, science-forbid, I ever have one of the hots escape it will still be sealed and locked in the room. The room itself has about 2 outlets per wall, which works out very nicely. All lighting in the enclosures are hooked up to a timer.

Hooks, etc, and snakebite protocol. First things in the room.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504804809_88c92c526c_z

Snakebite protocol. Number/address of closest hospital as well as Do's and Don'ts of envenomation treatment. Safety first!
My new Snake/Hot room 5504804585_2560ee13a0_z

Enclosures for False Water Cobra's, Crotes, and my Burm. Found these shop racks at Home Depot. They perfectly fit a boaphile 4'x12" enclosure just inside the 4 corners and hold it in place with about an inch of space between the top and the shelf above it. The things at the bottom of the legs are those little things for moving furniture around. Protects the wood floors, and also makes it super easy to move the enclosures around if I need to.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504805539_79b54d57c5_z

More enclosures
My new Snake/Hot room 5504805307_828a1febf3_z

Entrance, my larger rack.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504805059_3200b39681_z

Green Tree Python, digital scale, etc.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504804399_6824e810f9_z

Asian Vine snake, hiding away out of site
My new Snake/Hot room 5505399118_18a53b67f4_z

Falsies checking me out as I take pictures
My new Snake/Hot room 5505398956_3831162838_z

A not so happy albino wester diamondback. He really didn't appreciate me moving everything around tonight.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504803823_cbb7f8b775_z

Burm, being the slow moving cattle of a snake he is.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504803669_23742a032e_z

Back of the room, small rack off to the left. Oil Heater and fan behind it, both of those are hooked up to a thermostat in the corner to keep the ambiant room temps ~70-75.
My new Snake/Hot room 5505401158_544519702c_z

My small rack. Mostly baby crotes, baby bloods, and some hognose snakes. Mister, provent-a-mite, heavy dute welding gloves, and sexing probes on top.
My new Snake/Hot room 5504805839_1f4d8341d0_z

Thats it!
Back to top Go down
Michael Jonasson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Michael Jonasson

Male
Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar - 16:19

Nice setup, im sure you going to fill up that space in no time Smile
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar - 19:14

Nice and organised. Very cool Anthony thanks for sharing.

Do you manage to offer a temp gradient in the cages with the heater maintaining an ambient?
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar - 22:29

There is one thing...
I would remove the space between floor and door with a rail, much more safety, for the case a snakes escapes...

nice work

Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Kelly Chabak
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Kelly Chabak

Female
Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar - 1:19

Looks excellent. Good work.
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar - 1:29

Fabian Dirks wrote:
There is one thing...
I would remove the space between floor and door with a rail, much more safety, for the case a snakes escapes...

nice work

Fabian

Thanks, Fabian. I'll stop by home depot and look into this
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar - 2:37

You are welcome! I fixed it like that

My new Snake/Hot room Sicherheit
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Greg Spencer
Greg Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 13:49

Nice! Always good when you can dedicate an entire room for the animals. I didn't see the cool stiped oreganus or the cerastes though, are they in there?
Back to top Go down
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 2:31

Greg Spencer wrote:
Nice! Always good when you can dedicate an entire room for the animals. I didn't see the cool stiped oreganus or the cerastes though, are they in there?

Yep, they are in that white melamine rack with the small side-by-side shoebox tubs. (in the top two tubs to be exact)
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar - 4:35

exellent job man, congrats
Back to top Go down
Greg Starkins
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Greg Starkins

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 7:29

Really nice room you have there!
Back to top Go down
Mike Spencer
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Mike Spencer

Male
Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar - 8:05

Awesome. It's coming together pretty good, Anthony!
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelrayspencer.com
anthony lineberry
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
anthony lineberry

Male

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr - 6:34

Rob Deans wrote:
Nice and organised. Very cool Anthony thanks for sharing.

Do you manage to offer a temp gradient in the cages with the heater maintaining an ambient?

Yes, the ambiant room temp is ~75-80, and then each enclosure has separate heating elements and are hooked up to thermostats to give them a hot end
Back to top Go down
Edgar Gonzalez

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec - 9:49

is that your room?
Back to top Go down
http://150.164.37.75/labimq/index.php
Sebastian Arvidsson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sebastian Arvidsson

Male
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jan - 1:41

nice snakeroom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new Snake/Hot room   My new Snake/Hot room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Snake/Hot room
Page 1 of 1