VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Empty
PostSubject: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep - 2:36

-

Last edited by Kriss Kolderup on Fri 19 Oct - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daniel Geolarry
Daniel Geolarry

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct - 13:21

female can reach 70-90 cm and male 40-50
do you want to share pic here? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/danielgeolarry
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeMon 26 Dec - 23:37

-

Last edited by Kriss Kolderup on Fri 19 Oct - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec - 1:13

Hi Kriss,
your Trip sounds, that it was a very succesfull and intresting one. I hope you upload a lot of pictures! And when I´m right and you found the ,,red´´ Tropidolaemus, you was lucky enought to find a Tropidolaemus laticinctus. That will be a very good find!
Can´t wait to see thous pictures.
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeTue 27 Dec - 2:05

yes laticinctus are awesome and very beautiful, can't wait to see the pictures too!
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec - 20:57

Hi guys Smile

So the red form is named Tropidolaemus laticinctus? I had no idea. Anyways, since it exists pictures of this beautiful animal on the net and in books allready. It´s no point of make you suffering Wink

This is one of the "red" form:

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9810

Ps: my first time posting pics on this forum, so not sure if i get it right the first time.
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec - 21:17

Great success Smile

Ok, so i will add a couple of more pics of the red and then some of the green, then i will await my copyright label on the sick, outta this world other specimen Smile Really look forward to your opinion on this strange animal Smile Enjoy

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9811

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9812

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9813

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9814

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9815

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9816
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec - 23:34

Yes Kriss, thats T. laticinctus! A great find! Only a hand full of them was found in the past! Congratulations! The green will be T. subannulatus , when classification will not change them in the future!

For the discription of laticintus goes to ZOOTAXA homepage, you will find a free download copy there, or give me your email and I will send it to you! But both snakes looks very nice!
I was only one time on Sulawesi, but havn´t succes to find something there...
I hope you have found more stuff on the other islands as well.

greetz,

Peter
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeWed 28 Dec - 23:59

Hi Peter Smile

Glad you liked the picture, got to tell you, the pictures is not fair to the stunning beauty of these snakes in live edition Wink

Thanks for the information regarding the T. laticinctus and T. subannulatus. I would love to get the papers on them so, sent you my mail on pm.

Both of the animals was found on a stretch of jungle of 6km. I was looking for giant reticulated pythons. But thanks to the falcon eyes of my to local helpers and a group of alarming Black crested makak monkeys, we were lucky enough to find these two + the last female in two days Smile

During my time in Asia, i found a lot of reptiles. Some of the venomous species was : Trimeresurus vogeli, a Trimeresurus albolaris, Trimeresurus phukentesis, Naja kaouthia, Ophiagus hannah and Bungarus fasciatus in Thailand, Trimeresurus insularis in Bali and Flores and a Daboia russelii siamensis o Rinca island in Indonesia. Have a thousand pictures, will make a fieldtrip report when i get the time. To much work these days Smile

Kind regards
Kriss
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec - 1:08

Yes Kriss, I can imagine that you now have not time enought to make this. Cool down and then bring us a ,,eye catcher´´ looking forewart to see them!
You are right, local people can be sooo helpfull, even when they are familar with reptiles.
The list of the venomous snakes you found makes me nervous, I can´t wait for the next trip as well....Time goes so lsloly between two trips.
And it nice to see, that you found one of your major goals - the King Cobra! Majestic snake, and I have to find my first one.... Mabye next year!

Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 4:32

I sent an email to Gernot Vogel, with pictures of the extraordinary female i found. He could not either figure out what this specimen was. So, i guess it´s no point in keeping the pictures in my computer forever Smile. I will add three pictures of the female in this reply, then you can see and judge for yourself! So her she is in all her beauty. Enjoy Smile

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9710

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9711

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Img_9712
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 5:28

Hello Kriss,
the last one looks very and extraordinary beautiful, but I guess it will be Tropidolaemus laticinctus as well. Maby the coloration varied from sex and body size. Like I wrote before, there are only a hand full known of this species!
Wich size and sex was the red one and wich this last one?
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 5:50

Hi peter

Yes, you could be right. Both of them where females! The red one, was around 65-70cm long and not to thick, i would guess around 4-5cm in diameter. The extraordinary one was around 110cm and thick as my wrist, she had a huge head, and fangs to go with it Smile Thankfully she was cold after a heavy rainstorm the night before, and i managed to dogded a hit when i grabbed her for measurment Surprised The strange thing, was that i could not find any males. I wonder what the males of this species looks like. Are they more than less green, with some white and red spots as in T.wagleri?
Back to top Go down
Bartholin Yann
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 6:17

you an see few male on the pdf of te description of the tropidolamus laticinctus, there was a guy in germany who've posted picture of a male copulating with a female subannulatus on venomdoc forum longtime ago(few years ago) i wasn't able to find the picture since then...définitly a jewel of indonesia!
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 17:24

Hi Kriss,
yes maby , but in 65-70 cm the must have nearly the adult coloration...Hmmmm.
Very starnge. Maby an other color form of the same species. We don´t know much over this species, but specialy on Sulawese are some intresting color morphs of Tropidolaemus, looka t the shape of this island. On each branch (arm) of this ,,Octopus´´ you will find a lot of differend forms. Anf than the Mountains, the can seperate them very good. It was very good, that you has found this one, a big step for the future! Hope that others they will visit this island will find some more of them with aditional information about. Maby the next time a male. I hope.
But with the male in laticincta it will be as in wagleri or subannulatus. Long time ago, ,,wagleri´´ was imported in big No. , but when you was looking for a male - nothing was in the shipments. I guess that they are very smal and not easy to find. Like in wagleri and / or subannulatus.
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec - 20:17

Yes, your probably right.. Who knows what this could be, and what else that hides in the jungles of some of the many thousands islands in this region Smile I will defently go back to Sulawesi, without a camera crew and with more time to spend in search for more of these remarkable snakes Smile
I know Gernot Vogel and Patrick Davis is working on it, so lets hope we maybe see a paper about a new member in this genus in 2012 Smile

Last edited by Kriss Kolderup on Fri 19 Oct - 19:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adrian Latumenten

Adrian Latumenten

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul - 2:21

Hello Kriss, how about your "stabbed in the foot" crew? is he still alive? sure you didn't brought the viper back to Norway?
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug - 16:35

Hello Adrian

Yes my good friend the Australian, survived the stabbing incident, and is still alive and kicking!! Regarding the black and green Tropidolaemus it´s still out there Smile i would never remove an animal from it´s natural habitat. I´m all about conservation, and that is what my shows are about!! The animals i keep is captive breed, some of them from up to three generations in captivity! Who are you? You any of the guys in Sulawesi that helped us out during the filming?

Kriss
Back to top Go down
Kriss Kolderup
Kriss Kolderup

Male

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitimeThu 2 Aug - 16:49

You actually insulted me with that last question! You should be careful dropping accusations on the internet!! Especially when it comes to crime against wildlife and fauna! I expect and apology from you, even if it just was meant like a joke!

Kriss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri   Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Size and growth of Tropidolaemus wagleri
Page 1 of 1