VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Western Ghats India Planned trip this year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Graeme Skinner
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Graeme Skinner

Male
Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Western Ghats India Planned trip this year Empty
PostSubject: Western Ghats India Planned trip this year   Western Ghats India Planned trip this year Icon_minitimeMon 19 Mar - 22:53

Rahul Alvares from Goa and I are organising a herping trip to the Ghats in the coming monsoon eason.

Here are a few of the outline details which may be of interest to some of you.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who is interested in joining us.

please feel free to pm me

Regards

Graeme

Western Ghats provisional Itinerary monsoon 2012

I'm thinking about two weeks in total, flexible?
Three days in goa (cotigao, mollem and north goa).
Three days in ambolim (this is excellent for malabar pit vipers and stuff)
Three to four days in agumbe (rom whitakers kingcobra sanctuary).
Three days in chiplun...(that's also karnataka).
This allows for some flexibility time wise

All these places are in the western ghats which as you probably know are extremely productive for snakes, frogs and insects in the monsoons.
We've chosen closeby places since we don't spend too much time and money on travel. But if need be then we can also try and include a couple of hunts with the Irulas in madras or searching for giant saw scaled vipers in Gujarat.

Forgot to say this will be Late July or early Agust

Back to top Go down

Western Ghats India Planned trip this year
Page 1 of 1