VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Relocations of Crotalus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chance Gwaltney
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Chance Gwaltney

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Relocations of Crotalus Empty
PostSubject: Relocations of Crotalus   Relocations of Crotalus Icon_minitimeMon 4 Feb - 0:01

what kind of works have been done in research concerning relocating species. To the best of my knowledge (which is little) the practice is frowned upon and for existing populations potentially detrimental. I have heard that there has been attempts with horridus and the results werent positive and the snakes often perished. Cr. adamanteus IMO tend to be a very hardy species. As many know the Practice of Rattlesnake roundups in North America still exists. Mostly in western states like Texas and Oklahoma focusing on species such as atrox...The Southeastern states roundups have all but disappeared. The one remaining in South Ga. has received tons of heat and pressure to change their focus to one of Education and not Eradication. The Whigham roundup refuses to change the focus and use captive specimans instead of wild caught specimens. They dont claughter them on-site anymore instead the snakes are purchased by a processing company and the snakes are killed off site and the parts are used for belts, key chains, and meat. I was born and raised nearby and from an early age had an intense hatred towards the event. I know several key players that make up the Community Club that is responsible for the event, and I have offered to purchase the snakes next year at a 20% increase from the processing plants bid no matter what they offer. I figure anything other than the slaughter is a plus. However without GPS locales of each snake collected relocation isn't an option. I am curious as to everyones opinions concerning this matter. Other states where the snakes are all but extripated still have favorable areas and habitat that IMO could once again support adamanteus populations. National and state Refuges would be a good starting point due to the protection they offer from humans. I think that the idea is hopeful, but not realistic. Whighams event will more than likely forced to change once the speices is listed under CITES. If and when that day comes it will be a huge step in slowing the decline. There is so much knowledge on these forums would love some of you guys and gals thoughts.

chance
Back to top Go down

Relocations of Crotalus
Page 1 of 1