VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Malaysian King Pictures

Go down 
+3
Mario Lutz
matt yuyek
Randy Ciuros
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Malaysian King  Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 3:40

Pics of my male Malaysian King.

Malaysian King  Pictures V034_015a

Malaysian King  Pictures V034_018a

Malaysian King  Pictures V034_023a

Malaysian King  Pictures V034_036a
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
matt yuyek
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
matt yuyek

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 9:07

Impressive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.herpaworld.com
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 10:07

yup, you bet matt!

the king! arent he got the right name ?

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Benjamin Lutz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Benjamin Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSat 12 Apr - 15:11

WOW!! Shocked

Amazing King.
Beautiful Colour of the "most amazing" Snake in the world!

Greetz
Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-reptileman.com
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 3:08

Thanks yall He's my boy. I still can't believe I got him for free. I've been looking for a Malaysian female for him. I see many for sale, but none that are colored like him. Maybe the females do not get orange like that. I have some money coming in the next week or two, then I'm going to a place not far from me that has some female Malay Kings and see what I can get.

Below is a pic of my female Indonesian King in her cage, then a pic of me outside with her. She is only 8' long in the pics.

Malaysian King  Pictures IndoKing01

Malaysian King  Pictures IndoKingF1
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 3:24

This a dream for me. One day I shall have this species of snake. They are just great, but I just don't have the space I want to provide them.

Do your specimens feed on rodents?

Just great Randy!

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 15:30

I've had several Kings over the years, and I got most all of them to eat rats eventually. Some were easy, some were quite hard. Some would only eat Asian Rat Snakes when I first got them. That can be costly when you live in America. Eventually, they will start taking American snakes scented with Asian Rat Snakes. Once that happens, I'm ok. The Malay King pictured above was the hardest to switch to rats.

To get him and the Indonesian female I have to eat rats, I cut a frozen thawed snake into 2" long pieces, then refroze them. When it's feeding time, I thawed 2 pieces of the snake along with the rats. I slit the ventral scales open, so I could wrap the piece of snake over the face of a thawed rat, scale side out, and I sewed it in place with a small stitch or two on each side.

The Kings ate them right away. I was so happy. I did that for about 10 feedings, which are about every 10 days. Now, I just thaw 1 piece of snake, and I rub the inside (meat side) and the scale side all over the head and face of the thawed rat, and the Kings are still eating suckin them down. Soon they will start taking them unscented.
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeSun 13 Apr - 20:43

Thankyou for sharing that information. Smile
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 0:36

No problem. If that info helps one person get their King eating F/T rats, I'm happy. I had a 12' male Indo King that was hitting the F/T rats and snatching them from my hemostates. I actually had to cut his feeding back because he was getting fat. It's hard to find enough fresh road kill snakes to keep the weight on a couple adult Kings.

Some people say a rodent diet isn't good for Kings. That their system just does better on snakes. I haven't seen a problem feeding only rats to Kings, except they will get fatter.
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 5:33

Quote :
No problem. If that info helps one person get their King eating F/T rats, I'm happy. I had a 12' male Indo King that was hitting the F/T rats and snatching them from my hemostates. I actually had to cut his feeding back because he was getting fat. It's hard to find enough fresh road kill snakes to keep the weight on a couple adult Kings.

Some people say a rodent diet isn't good for Kings. That their system just does better on snakes. I haven't seen a problem feeding only rats to Kings, except they will get fatter.

Okay. Well I've heard many different stories. I've read threads on kingsnaks about kings feeding on rats directly after arrival and offcourse I know stories like yours. In fact I know one guy in the Netherlands who has one king cobra which he is force feeding now for more then a year. This snake simply refuses to eat anything. Also snakes.
I guess it depends a lot on where the snake came from and offcourse also its condition.

One thing is for sure. It's a challenge (and for me a wet dream) to keep this species of snake some day. Thanks again. Smile

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 5:56

I've had a couple Kings that were very recent imports. I had to force feed them. It stresses them out so bad, they can and did die. Mostly because they were captured with a noose. Who knows what kind of damage that can do besides breaking bones, so their hood never looks right again. Then they were kept in a pit or box with no food or water, for God only knows how long, until they were sold. Then shipped to the USA, where they MIGHT get hydrated before they are sold.

Try to stay away from recent imports and avoid the heartaches. If a King will eat any kind of snake, I would take it, because you can work with them. To hell with force feeding for a year. I've never heard of a King eating rats directly after arrival, but i suppose it could happen, but it is definitely not the norm.

Indonesian and Malaysian Kings are being bred regularly in captivity now, so that would be the best way to go. Sometimes those babies are hard to get going so I hear. But if you have someone that can provide you with baby Corns or something, you should be able to keep them going. I've had 7 or 8 Kings and the smallest one was 8'. I hope to buy a baby or two soon. I would to raise one up from a hatchling.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 13:03

Thanks for that info Randy! I have had both Indo and Malaysian Kings and the Indos I forcefed for about 6 years and never got them on to rats! They would take any snakes in the end but as you said in the beginning only wanted Asian ratsnakes! I have a 4 metre Malaysian King right now that wont eat anything, not even Asian Ratsnakes!! He looked terribel when I got him a year ago but with force feeding he is looking good now. will post some pics soon. I also have 4 others ranging from 2 meteres to about 3.2 meters and the 5 babies which are now about 1 metre and a year old. The babies I am still force feeding on fuzzie mice. They just wont take on their own! The other bigger Kings are eating most snakes, all dead of course! I have tried using shed Asian ratsnake skins with mice inside but they wont take them so I must try your method and see what happens. I just wish the very big one would eat something by itself!
thanks for the info man!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 14 Apr - 15:10

Hey Gavin,

Wow, 6 years of force feeding. Now that is dedication. Hats off to ya. It's very strange that the Malaysian won't even eat Asian Ratsnakes. The guy I got my Malaysian from said mine would only eat a certain kind of Asian Ratsnake, and he hadn't been able to get them for a while. I found a place that imports a different specie of Asian Ratsnakes and bought 20 of them. The Malaysian would eat them, but they were only about 1/2 meter long. Not much of a meal for a 3 meter King, so I used them to scent road kill American snakes, and soon he was eating ANY kind of snake.

I tried stuffing snake skins with mice also, but that didn't work for me. I did have a little luck scenting frozen thawed rats with fresh sheds from my other cobras. They had to be very fresh. Still wet and stinky. I would wrap the shed around the rat, completely covering it. I let the rat thaw out wrapped in the skin inside a cloth bag. Evidently enough snake scent got on the rat sometimes. Nothing has worked as good as sewing a piece of snake to the face of a rat. They have never refused to eat that.

Good luck Keep us posted Can't wait to see pics too.

Randy
Back to top Go down
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr - 1:16

Here are pictures of one of our kings. We have at the moment 2 pairs of them... We need to force feed them yet, but soon will start to get them on rats...

Malaysian King  Pictures King_c10

Malaysian King  Pictures King_c11
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitimeMon 21 Apr - 2:05

Nice Indo Peter. It is Indonesian, yes? Real nice throat pattern and banding on the hood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malaysian King Pictures   Malaysian King  Pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malaysian King Pictures
Page 1 of 1