VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus

Go down 
+10
Brett Franklin
Guenter Leitenbauer
Jörg Porstmann
Ty Milsom
Paul Nelis
Vangelis Rokkos
Randy Ciuros
Mario Lutz
Marc Dubois
Gavin Carpenter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Archie Bottoms
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus   Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec - 15:02

Ok Gavin please post some updated pictures of the little fellas I love kings.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus   Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec - 4:20

Randy Ciuros wrote:
it's own, and was force-feeding the other, but they both died a couple months ago.

Something else I will try next. I read this on the internet the other day. Someone said to scent the snakes water, not the food item, with the type of animal you will be feeding them. So, if your wanting your baby King Cobra to eat mice, scent their water with mice, so they will be tasting the rodent everytime they drink. Sounds like a good idea, unless the snake stops drinking because it doesn't like the taste, lol.

Randy

Hello Randy,

You have try this?How is work?

All the best,
Alexander
Back to top Go down
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus   Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec - 13:30

Alexander Jackson wrote:
Randy Ciuros wrote:
it's own, and was force-feeding the other, but they both died a couple months ago.

Something else I will try next. I read this on the internet the other day. Someone said to scent the snakes water, not the food item, with the type of animal you will be feeding them. So, if your wanting your baby King Cobra to eat mice, scent their water with mice, so they will be tasting the rodent everytime they drink. Sounds like a good idea, unless the snake stops drinking because it doesn't like the taste, lol.

Randy

Hello Randy,

You have try this?How is work?

All the best,
Alexander

I tried it but so far nothing. He is still eating on his own. I was feeding fresh killed Corn Snakes stuffed with pinks. But now I ran out of live Corns so he is now eating frozen thawed Corns and other snakes stuffed with pinks.

I'm going to start trying to attach a piece of snake or the head of a thawed snake to the frozen thawed rodents. If I can get him to eat that, I will have him on rodents only in no time. His mom was eating snakes only when I got her, but she took the rats with a piece of gopher snake sewd to the face of the rat right away, and she was eating plain old f/t jumbo rats in a couple months or less

Randy
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Randy Ciuros
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Randy Ciuros

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus   Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep - 22:24

Well, my CH'09 Malaysian King had started eating the thawed mice sewed to a small thawed snake quite a while back. I was feeding him every 5 - 7 days.

Five feedings ago, I stopped sewing the mice to a snake, and started thawing the mice wrapped in a paper towel with a 1" piece of adult Gopher Snake, so the snake scent and maybe a little blood got on the mice, during the overnight thawing. Then I set the scented mice in front of the Kings hide box, and left the room. He took these quickly.

I did that 5 times, and then the night before last, I just thawed the 2 medium mice without scenting them, and put them in his cage, in front of his hide and he ate them very quickly. So he should be good to go with unscented thawed mice from now on.

I have gotten several adult Kings onto unscented rodents, but this is the first time I tried it with a hatchling. He hatched out in Feb 2009, and I got him on 03/28/09.

I now have 4 Kings eating unscented, thawed rodents. 2.1 Malay and 0.1 Indo.

I will take him out and get some new photos after he digests his meal.

Randy
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomstreet.com
Zafri Haziq

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus   Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 May - 23:27

Hi guys , I feed my king wc monitor lizards & retics. I've not tried the method mentioned above, i'm gonna give it a try, what do you guys use as sewing material, is it digestible, any side effects? thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus   Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Malaysian Ophiophagus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2