VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

what was your first Naja?

Go down 
+42
Tommy Thoerneby
Lance Thomas Jeffery
James Shepherd
Sebastian Rosberg
Yordy Benders
Michael Burmeister
Kimberly Urban
jean-henri pastore
Alexandru Strugariu
Chaim Haveman
Niklas Åhs
Christoph Studer
Bostjan Kraner
Sven Foerster
Mardy McManus
Karl Müller
TJ Giles
Brett Franklin
Ray Hunter, Sc.D.
Emil Lydhagen
Agust Lundkvist
Robert Kane
Niklas Eriksson
Wolfgang Wüster
Jorg Schenkels
Janne Penttinen
Christian Moisander
Jamie Osburn
Fredrik hallingström
Niels van den Hooff
Rob Deans
Randy Ciuros
Jason Bruno
Markus Gottlieb
stuart douglas
David Nixon
Peter van Issem
Maciej Pokrywka
Michael Bollhorn
Patrick Vince
Peter Zürcher
mike matson
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Chaim Haveman
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Chaim Haveman

Male
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-05-08

what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 17:13

Last edited by Chaim Haveman on Wed 28 Sep - 1:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexandru Strugariu
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexandru Strugariu

Male
Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Nov - 9:37

My first real cobras were bought a little more than a year ago and they were one small (I was told CB 2008 but it was most probably CB 2009) Naja kaouthia (first two picture - taken last year) and a 150 cm (aprox.) female banded snouted cobra (Naja annulifera: third picture, also taken last year). While the N. kaouthia is the most evil little monster I've ever seen and is trying to kill me even when it's eating, the large N. annulifera is quite a calm snake and almost never hoods up at me (however, with other people around she becomes quite unpleasant, to say the least)... Next in mind are a pair of young N. pallida and, probably, pairs for the ones I already have.

Baby Naja kaouthia:

what was your first Naja? - Page 3 17834_10

what was your first Naja? - Page 3 17834_11

I would say young adult female Naja annulifera:

what was your first Naja? - Page 3 34238_10
Back to top Go down
jean-henri pastore
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov - 19:42

Hi,
I haven't got any Naja, cause i don't have the autorisations at this moment to keep them at home....... Laughing

(i'm outside)............... Laughing
Ps: Also, i think to start in a good way and condition, i will keep on Naja Haje legionis.....
(that is just my point of vue)
Back to top Go down
Kimberly Urban

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov - 6:24

I only have one Naja...a young male albino kaouthia. He will turn two years old in April. He is a feisty bugger, but impressive and not terribly aggressive once he's out. I only handle him when it's time to clean his cage, and then I wear Hexarmor gloves and use a hook.
Back to top Go down
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov - 15:24

Living in South Africa I was lucky as I had the opportunity to work with many wild Naja sp. The first one I kept long term was a large Naja woodi, and to this day it has to be my favourite cobra species.
Back to top Go down
Yordy Benders

Male
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov - 18:26

my first naja's are a young couple off siamensis (CB '12), the man is very easy going but the female is very defensive and has spitt a couple off times.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian Rosberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sebastian Rosberg

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov - 21:18

My first naja was 1.0 Naja Naja Polycelleta, he was very laid back and as soon as i came to close he ran away and hide.
I still have him and he is still the same, he almost never shows his shield and try to scare me.
After this Naja i fell in love with naja genus so im getting more Smile

I bought two rinkhals in Hamm this year but they didnt survive Sad
Back to top Go down
James Shepherd
James Shepherd

Male
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec - 4:55

I started with an adult pair of naja kaouthia. I believe for me it was better statrting with naja with a little size instead of a hatchling but thats just the path I took.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lance Thomas Jeffery

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb - 5:59

My first Naja was a Naja nivea juvenile, but before that I kept Aspidelaps scutatus scutatus and Aspidelaps lubricus lubricus. The A.l. lubricus where especially good warm up cobras, nice and small and give you a slight idea of what something bigger and more venomous may be capable of.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Thoerneby

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-24

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb - 7:33

A pair of sub-adult kaouthia.
The male was very placid and easy to deal with, the female on the other hand was as evil they can be. I was well prepared when i got a insane melanoleuca, he was faster but couldn't even get close in matter of being aggresive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ungreen/396250330392281
Klaus Roemer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb - 2:58

I began with a Naja kaouthia, and that was, in retrospective, not a good choice. The snake was aggressive and unpredictable. Nothing happened, but easily could have happened a couple of times. My second Naja was a pair of pallidas. Much easier to handle if one takes the appropriate precautions to protect ones eyes. In the past 30 years or so I had a large variety of Najas; the ones I like most are still Naja nivea. The only Najas that are almost exclusively active during daytime, so you can watch them cruising all day long, that are more moderately sized and not too aggressive, and that come in beautiful colors. I highly recommend them. Best is to aquire them as a baby. That way you grow with the snake.
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb - 3:42

My first Naja was a Naja siamensis, it was in the 80´s and I was defently to young for this kind of snakes. But nothing happends to me or something else. I have seen this snake in a reptile shop, not far away from my hometown. I was totaly in love with this black&withe snake. It was not a big one, only 60 cm around. I aske there to buy them, but the owner don´t give them to me. He aske for a permit but we don´t have here! Not in the 80´s and still yet!
So I ordered it over a friend of mine. I keep this for years as a signle one. Than I seen a classified in a Journal from a herpetological society. There was offered CB ones of this snake species. Oh I forgot, it was not sold as a N. siamensis to me, in the 80´s the ,,Trade Name was´´ Naja naja atra (from Thailand). Totaly wrong, like we all knows very well yet!
Ok, I buy a couple of the CB´s ones and keep them seperate, after years, I breed with them more than one time....After this I´ve keeped some other species of Naja´s. African and asian ones too. Actually I don´t keep Naja species. But I´m allways happy to find one in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Stuart McGregor
Stuart McGregor

Male
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Feb - 7:55

Hi i myself have been looking into my first true naja,, It was suggested that naja multifasciata is a good choice if i could find one(seems rare),,Has anybody got experiance with this species or breeding plans in the future,,As not much information is available on them compaired to other naja species.
Back to top Go down
Brian Faenger
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2014-07-30

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec - 22:06

After much reading and talking to different peoples, My first najas will be Naja Nubiae.
Back to top Go down
Ekaterina Molchanova
Ekaterina Molchanova

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-02-10

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Mar - 13:20

My first naja- Naja naja, teenager at the age of six months. He is now nearly three years. Angry as hell))) Then came kaouthia, pallida, atra, siamensis.what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Dscn1710
what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Dscn3612
what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Dscn3910
what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Dscn3710
what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Dscn3911
what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Dscn9110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what was your first Naja?   what was your first Naja? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what was your first Naja?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3