VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Empty
PostSubject: Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora   Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Icon_minitimeThu 8 May - 22:28

Publishing date: Sunday, Apr. 27, 2008 (12:00 AM)

Environment and Natural Resources Secretary Lito Atienza today said the reported resumption of illegal logging in Dingalan, Aurora must be stopped at all costs, while those behind the nefarious activity must suffer the full force of the law.

The statement was issued by Atienza in reaction to published reports, which quoted a leader of Task Force Sierra Madre, that illegal loggers are again active in cutting down trees in Aurora province.

“I have personally confirmed the report from my independent sources in the area and I have found that it has sufficient basis,” an enraged Atienza said.

At the same time, Atienza ordered the immediate relief of Community Environment and Natural Resources (CENRO) Meliton Vicente. "As I've always told our DENR officials that they shall be held responsible and liable for unlawful activities in their areas of responsibilities, Vicente will not only be relieved of his duties but we will also make him answerable for all these charges of illegal logging in his area of responsibility. Appropriate charges will definitely be filed against him," Atienza said.

Vicente was replaced by Joselito Blanco, a former CENRO for Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija.

Atienza said a combined team of legal and law enforcement agents from the DENR will be dispatched to Dingalan and other areas in Central Luzon to gather more information about the illegal logging activities in the area so that necessary legal measures will be taken.

“We have seen in Dingalan four years ago the wrath of nature when landslides killed a number of townspeople and sent several thousand others homeless,” Atienza said. “All steps must be taken to stop illegal logging in Dingalan and other parts of the country. To allow illegal logging to continue is like begging for a catastrophe with epic proportions to happen.”

Calling illegal loggers as “chainsaw murderers,” Atienza said they must suffer the consequences of their action to the fullest extent of the law. “I am warning all illegal loggers and environmental criminals that we will hunt you down and send you to prison.”

The DENR chief was also alarmed by reports that a relative of Dingalan town mayor Zenaida Padiernos was linked to the latest incidents of logging activities. “Local executives are our first line of defense in implementing environmental laws. We face a bigger problem when local executives are not part of the solution.”

Atienza said community action and vigilance of people’s and non-government organizations are two of the best ways to expose the activities and bring to justice environmental criminals. He noted that the resumption of illegal logging activities in Dingalan was brought to public attention by Fr. Pete Montallana, head of the Task Force Sierra Madre-Dingalan chapter.

“We want to strengthen partnerships with organizations like the TFSM,” Atienza said. “Environmental criminals are wily. We must be one step ahead of them and organizations like TFSM are our best allies in preventing violators in carrying out their moves.

Reptileman´s Comment:

it´s about time sir - somebody is doing some action there! congratulation!
how about the problems in Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro ? i reported illegal logging over and over again to CENRO and to PENRO... no action! Also my personal Reports and my written Paper here to Director Dr. Mundita Lim where fruitless. our local Government is helpless or/and willing-less it seem to me. just for your informations: our findings showed still an very impressive flora and fauna on Mount Malasimbo. lets do somethings, before it is to late and we finally have lost everything!

sincerely yours

Mario Lutz
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora   Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 0:27

great news from the DENR
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora   Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 0:31

yep it is...

Director Villaflor is coming here tomorrow... lets see what he has to say about it drew..
you knew me, diba - ako makulit! i never give up!

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
AndrewGalano
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
AndrewGalano

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora   Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Icon_minitimeFri 9 May - 1:01

Mario Lutz wrote:
yep it is...

Director Villaflor is coming here tomorrow... lets see what he has to say about it drew..
you knew me, diba - ako makulit! i never give up!

cheers
Mario

its ok to be that "makulit".
please also try to bug them about to intesify the war against the illegal trade
wish you well bro
Back to top Go down
Jake Hawthorne
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2010-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora   Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Icon_minitimeFri 3 Dec - 0:36

Mario,

Are there any updates on this story? How is the illegal logging situation now? Are conservation measures working?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora   Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atienza acts on reports of illegal logging in Aurora
Page 1 of 1