VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Azemiops feae (Black Head)

Go down 
+8
Sascha Müller
Bostjan Kraner
Michael Burmeister
Sami Heikkinen
Tom Charlton
Andrew Hacket
Daniel von der Gablentz
Ralph Tümmers
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Empty
PostSubject: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 21:12

Hello guys ,
i feeded some of those ...and i was surprised Wink
But look self :

Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Dsc09510

AND :

Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Azemio10

Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Daniel von der Gablentz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 21:19

nice snake.

did they all eat there mice revers?

Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 21:36

Not all,
but it seems he was VERY greedy ... look 5 stripes later ...it was the second mice;)
Most Trimeresurus spp´s also doesn´t matter from which side they start to eat .
I only show a picture where they eat ,i didin´t told you that they are VERY intelligent tongue
Greets Ralph
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hacket
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Andrew Hacket

Male
Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 22:01

Excellent Ralph !!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Charlton
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug - 23:15

Fantastic Ralph, thats great to see Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomlogic.com
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug - 2:01

These are absolutelly amazing snakes!
How many of these you have and how long have you kept them? Hope they stay alive and wish you the best luck!

Sami
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Michael Burmeister
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug - 17:01

Well done Ralph. Those are real stunners!
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug - 18:53

Fantastic snakes. I hope soon someone will breed them in captivity. Good work Ralph.

Regards, BKK
Back to top Go down
Sascha Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sascha Müller

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug - 10:52

Congratulations!
Thats really nice.
Wish you all the best with them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug - 11:47

Beautiful! love to see hungry snakes!!
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug - 14:56

Absolutly fantastic mate the most fosserial venomous snake there is. You have luck that they feed I understand they are almost impossible to keep.

Can you please tell more about hom you keep them? anything special?

cheers

RIchard
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 19:28

Hy guys,
i keep em seperate in a box with pine bark substrate ...
Always half filled with wet forest moos, they usually crawl around and are hideing in the moos.
Temperatures i prefer at night down to 16-18 degrees and at day not over 26 degrees ,that seems always the best .
Of course a short period over 26 degrees is no problem ,but it should be not longer .
The skin seems to be very sensitive and dry out quickly , thats of course importent when the animal get into shed.
They get not fast thin and have all a good substance.
Animals that stop eating over an longer period should be hibernatet of course.
In the wild it´s only possible to find em for a short period , that are usually males that are searching for an female or most fresh hatched babys (searching for food) .
It´s not impossible to keep em over years , Orlov and some other guys got´s pratice .
A great looking ,calm and nosy species ...i would not miss anymore Smile
Greets Ralph

Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeMon 30 Aug - 21:30

Hmmm... Interesting; especially the information on captive maintenance. Good luck with this project, Mr. Tummers; and Thank you for posting this. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sascha Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Sascha Müller

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2010-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 0:13

Thanks for the Information.
How long do you hibernate them and on which Temperatures?

Regards
Sascha
Back to top Go down
Peter van Issem
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Peter van Issem

Male
Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 0:56

Hi Ralph,
yes, please give us more informations about their keeping and so on. It´s always nice to hear and see something about this realy beautiful snakes ;-)
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep - 8:20

this are stuning snakes lucky you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae (Black Head)    Azemiops feae (Black Head)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Azemiops feae (Black Head)
Page 1 of 1