VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)

Go down 
+7
Ralf Sommerlad
Guenter Leitenbauer
Jakob H. Christensen
Giwrgos Nanos
Mario Lutz
Peter Pastor
Ralph Tümmers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Empty
PostSubject: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeWed 21 May - 21:18

Hello all Wink,
did anyone had experience with this species..
I mean keeping and feeding,some months ago i saw an ad from some one who sell 2 .
I ´ve heard that keeping them max 6 month would be no problem is,but longer ?
Those species is actually on my Top 10 of snakes and it would be nice to get some informations.
Did anyone now an legal seller or who habe CB´s?
Best ragards ,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeThu 22 May - 4:27

Hi Ralph,

I think you didn`t see offer on them "some months ago", it was just few days ago Wink I know it, as add was placed by me...
As you started this thread, I am sharring the following pictures with you.... Hope you like them as we with Marek do (I mean snakes Rolling Eyes)

All the best,
Peter P.

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Azemio12

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Azemio13

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Azemio14

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Azemio15

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Azemio16
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeThu 22 May - 17:20

wow - congrats, awesome Feae you got Peter...
cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Giwrgos Nanos
Giwrgos Nanos

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeThu 22 May - 19:59

Beautiful snakes!!Are they doing allright on feeding?
Back to top Go down
Jakob H. Christensen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jakob H. Christensen

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeFri 23 May - 14:35

Awesome animals!

does anyone know if they have been bred in captivity yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jhcreptiles.com
Peter Pastor
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Peter Pastor

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeFri 23 May - 14:51

Yes, they were bred by Nicolai Orlov few years ago....
Back to top Go down
Ralph Tümmers
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Ralph Tümmers

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeFri 23 May - 20:24

Yes ,
i´ve heard from Nicolai Orlov´s breeding.
They just lay eggs i gess.
Thanks for sharing this amazing pictures with us,just my favorite on my mobile display lol!
Best regards,
Ralph
Back to top Go down
http://www.viperworld.de
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeFri 23 May - 20:31

Wow, these are really beautiful snakes!
In fact I never heard of it and had to ask Dr. Google Wink
Interesting snake, very special as it seems!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Ralf Sommerlad
Ralf Sommerlad

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jun - 23:19

A very special species, I guess..stunning! I would love to read details about biology and husbandry. Ralf
Back to top Go down
http://www.tomistoma.org,www.madrascrocodilebank.org
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeSun 17 Aug - 18:42

Hi Ralf,
there was an article about this species, written by Nikolai Orlov and Sergei Ryabov, in the Sauria, issue 1, march 2002 (Zur Kenntnis von Fea´s Viper, Azemiops feae BOULENGER 1888).
Regards,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug - 15:11

did somebody have this article and can share that with us?
i would appreciate this.

cheers
Mario
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Manuel Denner
Manuel Denner

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct - 0:55

Hi guys!

I have a pretty simmilar article of Nikolai Orlov and Sergei Ryabov, I don't know if it's exactly the same as you meant, Rainer, because other asian snakes are mentioned in this article as well. But if anyone is interessted in, just let me know I can send you this article if needed via e-mail, icq and so on.

Greets

Manuel
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct - 14:46

Hi Manuel,
there are several articles by N. Orlov and S. Ryabov mentioning A. feae and other snake species especially from N-Vietnam as both scientists have done a lot of fieldwork there.
The article I mentioned above is exclusively about this species.
I would scan and insert it here but I think that would violate the copyright of the publisher.

But even with the informations in that article it would not be sure that one might keep these snakes alive for a long time. At least the specimens S. Ryabov kept, died after a while. And his animals were brought home by himself and did not have the stress, exposure to infections,... that they would have had if they had come via pet-trade.

Greetings,
Rainer
Back to top Go down
Manuel Denner
Manuel Denner

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct - 0:18

Ah okay, well unfortunately I just have the other one...

Yeah I heard about the high rate of dying, it's a great pity that these animals don't survive that long =(.

Let's hope that things will be changing.

Best regards,

Manuel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar - 9:25

Awesome pics. they are one of a kind animals. Wished I picked one or two up when I had the chance. Sad But with a new day comes a new opportunity!

Thanks
TJS
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar - 16:28

They sure are really stunning snakes.
Peter: How are they doing? Has everything went well with these beauties?

Cheers
Sami
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Nicolas Cartier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun - 18:18

hello, I'm looking for information on the maximum temperature that can support the azemiops?
and any other information on this species
Back to top Go down
Rainer Fesser
Systematicus
Systematicus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun - 20:25

Hi Nicolas,

look at the post I made on 17.8.2008 in this thread. It´s a note about an article about this species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)   Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Azemiops feae ( Fea Viper)
Page 1 of 1