VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Azemiops feae "Yunnan"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Empty
PostSubject: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep - 20:29

We just found these from Yunnan Province. Interesting black headed variant of Azemiops feae. Exclamation

Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Azemiops_cf_feae_Yunnan_01

Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Azemiops_cf_feae_Yunnan_02

Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Azemiops_cf_feae_Yunnan

A comparison with a normal Azemiops from Guizhou Province.

Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Azemiops_Comparison

Last edited by Samuel Li on Mon 5 Oct - 2:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zoocon.com/Herps
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep - 20:59

WOW. Stunning variation
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep - 4:29

Unbelieveable, It sucks I had a chance to buy a trio of Feae and past on it. Wished I had pick them up now that I think about it. I wish you the very best of luck with them Samuel.
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Cartier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep - 20:49

Hello, congratulation for this aquisition!!!
I too bought he(it) in some time an azemiops it with the blackhead but he send me dead. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep - 23:37

Damn fine snakes!
It's a real shame that they are so hard as captives.. Hope people who really have time and knowaledge start working with these and crack the "thing".

Sami
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep - 18:45

I used a new method last year and we were successful with 4 out of 4 snakes we have received. These are the first Azemiops we got this year, so we'll see how this method works. With the previous method we managed to get 4 out of 4 feeding regularly and in good condition for a long period. All 4 snakes were shipped out and the 2 that were sent to Japan are still alive and doing well. The other 2, we will need Peter Pastor to tell us how he did with them.

Sami Heikkinen wrote:
Damn fine snakes!
It's a real shame that they are so hard as captives.. Hope people who really have time and knowaledge start working with these and crack the "thing".

Sami
Back to top Go down
Nicolas Cartier
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep - 19:12

Hello, my azemiops which I bought already died before he(it) arrives home. It was a swindle. he is finlandais which my swindled.
Can you say to us about it more on this new methode for the captivity.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep - 20:19

I have not proven the new method yet, we will see this year. If its proven I will test it to see if after acclimatization if they still need this environment to live.

Nicolas Cartier wrote:
Hello, my azemiops which I bought already died before he(it) arrives home. It was a swindle. he is finlandais which my swindled.
Can you say to us about it more on this new methode for the captivity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 8:09

Samuel they are a burrowing species are they not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 8:10

And if so then what temps. do they exist in have to be like mid 60ish ? Pretty moist too.
Back to top Go down
Sami Heikkinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Sami Heikkinen

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep - 14:40

Nice to hear Samuel that you have been trying to work with this sp. with some new techiques. Hope you will succeed with your project.
Keep us updated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://nothingtosayphoto.blogspot.com/
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep - 15:11

Awesome species, hopefully your new method eases up keeping those Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.exotic-animals.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Azemiops feae "Yunnan"   Azemiops feae "Yunnan" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Azemiops feae "Yunnan"
Page 1 of 1