VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Some random chondro pic's

Go down 
+12
Jan Jonkman
Stefan Anthonijsz
Nika Brunet
Gustav Eloy
Mike Jabbs
António Pinto
Kelly Chabak
Jon Davidson
Henrik Vind
Michael Burmeister
Marthinus C. Harmse
eric hasler
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 3rd breeding pair   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov - 3:43

Not the best shot but it does come complete with water stains....1 of these days I will get around to cleaning them off but for now I will just have great IPA'S and concentrate on the upcomming breeding season.
This pairing is my original Jade male with an unknown female but suspect it to be a highland/Wamena female.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06361

Only doing 3 pairings this year but next year there will be a special pairing. I have posted a few pictures of them(ya gotta look for em folks) and looking forward to seeing what happens. Always remember mother nature has a sense of humour.

Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: 1st ovulation of the season   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Nov - 0:55

This girl just started her ovulation yesterday,she is the female in the immediate picture above. This is an interesting pairing as she is an unknown but suspect to be a highland chondro being bred to my Jade male. Now comes the next step...and will keep you all posted(pun intended).

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06391
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: lots of views but no comments...   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec - 3:38

here are a few more shots from today..building but still a number of weeks away. Also ya gotta love when you clean out a cage and introduce a male and all hell breaks loose...well I guess thats why they invented females...someone has to clean!

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06501

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06441

These 2 have forgotten that they hate me and are building eggs,now just waiting on the 3rd female,she still hates me and is eating up a storm...

for old time sakes

ps:pass the relish
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: more tom foolery from me to you   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Dec - 8:31

The following pictures are just an updated photo session of a rather interesting trio of chondros. I hope to be able to breed them next year to see what happens(there are hints in this thread on 'what' they could be).

The sibling male

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Picture324

The female who is opaque right now.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Picture321

The male

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06671

This female which is not related to the above chondros is just going through her pre-lay shed...like clock-work

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Picture330
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: For your viewing and dancing pleasure....I present.........   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jan - 0:57

This female who is going through her pre-lay shed(any day now) is a real bitch to photograph properly...and with my less then stellar skill at photgraphy I present her once again...she is so pale right now,a very different colour than I have experienced yet I still can't get a decent shot of her.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06861

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06821
Back to top Go down
Stefan Wennekes
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Wennekes

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Jan - 5:44

Very nice animals they are.
Just a question.
The cages you keep them in, are they just for quarantaine/breeding.
Or do you keep them in thos all the time
What would be their sices...

thanks.

best regards
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldworldophidia.com/indexeng.html
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: just like clock work....or know your animals and things work out   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jan - 0:22

The above female just shed so it looks like approx 2 weeks and I hopefully will have eggs,incubator is setup and all set to go.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06882

As for your question I keep all my sub-adult-adult chondros in 25-30 gallon aquariums and hatchlings-sub-adults in rubbermaids appropriate to their size. I have wanted to put in nicer looking cages but apparently cabinet makers/cage builders don't like to make money,over the years I have talked to no less than 1/2 a dozen so called 'I need money so I will build them for you' type of guys and all have tripped and bumped their heads so I think I will stay with what has worked for me for 13 years. As for quarantine,that is a whole new ballgame. Any new snakes are quarantined in a whole other room for a minimum of 3-6 months. It never ceases to amaze me on how many people still end up with mites when it is so easy to not get them in the 1st place,but then again this comes down to experience and not money...but for those of you out there...and there is an army of them out there,please use NIX,Vapona,Mite-b-gone and so on and lets hope you don't cause any serious internal damage(that you aren't even aware of)...what a rant...
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: and after copulation,you get this   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb - 3:12

Well not the best clutch I have produced but this girl had a rough start to life and after 2 years of tlc from me she came through. I attribute the less than steelar viability to her 1st clutch and her rough start in life. She was a horrible mother but she passed everything so now to get her back to feeding and the hatch date count begins. I will be throwing out the dead eggs as I go along on my egg management trek. My guesstamation is 1/2 the clutch is toast.

ps:don't ya just love it when you are doing something and you knock a tray of shaving on the floor,can someone come by and clean it up for me please?

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN07011

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN06981
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: she is one tough girl   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Feb - 4:07

As I said she was a lousey mother and took her 1st meal last night,less than 12 hours after laying.
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: 2012/2013 season is beginning   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep - 1:06

Well the 2012/2013 has begun,early this year but the snakes always tell you when to begin and they know best. Just got my camera back so the photos will be comming as I take them.
This is an Aru type x Aru type

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN08801

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN08791
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male
Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep - 5:31

eric hasler wrote:
'Well the 2012/2013 has begun,early this year but the snakes always tell you when to begin and they know best'.
I agree. By the way, I still have that empty tank here that would be quite suitable for a couple or few small arboreal pythons...(wink). Good photo- series, Mr. Hasler. Please keep us updated as things progress. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: Who says she is blue...not me thats for sure   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep - 0:01

My oldest chondro,almost 14 years old and have had her all that time and she has been blue for over 11 years.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN08901

This is a very high white female,oh and both of these pictures are Aru to Aru type and as pure Aru as I can get without actually collecting them myself.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN08921

Thanks Jon,hopefully there will be a few babies this year,will have to see. I have 8 pairings with a few first time pairings and 1 possibly very special pairing.
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: Now thats just rude   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct - 9:36

Aru x Aru

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN08941

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN08961
Back to top Go down
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 4 Oct - 16:52

very nice gtps, keep updating and wish you the best on your breeding season, regards
Back to top Go down
Jeremy Irwin
Jeremy Irwin

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 2:49

Any of those devilish Biak's being put to work this season?
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: I wish for a male Biak   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Oct - 0:25

Hey JSI,no pure Biaks this year,no male to breed my females. I am working on getting a male over here but will take some time. I do have an interesting pairing of a Biak x Aru x Jade going on. I have 8 pairings going on and all have copulated at least once(lucky them). There are a few pairings I am really hoping will take but will have to see what happens,everything started earlier than in past years,maybe this is a sign,only Mother nature knows,I can only do so much.....more pictures to follow,giving them a break right now.
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: And so the saga continues   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 2:40

Just set up my multi-million dollar incubator for yet another overflowing year of eggs(I hope). So far things look great,females are looking rather Oprah-like and doing their strange routines,males are wellllll still being males. Wow it took sooo long to set that incubator up...so tired,so very tired(a nod)

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN09061
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct - 19:36

eric hasler wrote:
'Just set up my multi-million dollar incubator for yet another overflowing year of eggs(I hope).'
(lol...) Sometimes, the 'old school' - tried and true- methodologies work the best. Looking forward to seeing another batch of neonatal Chondros. Please keep us updated, Mr. Hasler. Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: All possible appendages are crossed   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct - 23:22

Thanks Jon,and yes the 'tried and true' have always worked for me. It always amazes me that the 'investors' will spend thousands of dollars on an incubator that does the exact same thing mine does and mine cost me a grand total of approx $75 and to date has hatched out well over 200 chodros.
The following photos are from a unique pair that I have and am hoping to prove out this year. It is their first time breeding but it appears they have it figured out,now if only the chondro gods are on my side.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN09081

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN09101
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: now THIS is an ovulation   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov - 11:28

Females are all starting to ovulate or just finishing but the one unique pair has finished their business and
then you see this.

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN09131

This is my most anticipated pairing and so far so good..
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar - 4:28

Well folks,I was lucky enough to get 2 clutches and both have hatched and produced some outstanding Aru types and sad to say that the anticipated clutch 'only' produced outstanding Aru types. Now comes the fun part of getting them to feed. Will post some photos when I get some decent shots....thanks again TK for your help at being a nurse...and of course the yummy beer.
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: Now this is just hurtfull....and mean   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Mar - 23:03

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 DSCN09781_zps808ad24e
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Lol...   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar - 21:46

Such cruelty... I'm shocked and appalled(...wink). Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
eric hasler
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
eric hasler

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar - 0:43

This is my all time favorite...this picture caused more of an uproar than Britney Spears covering Captain Beefhearts Ella Guru

Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Lunchtime001

Thanks Jon...off to partake in the cactus juice,overly hopped IPA's and BBQ with the miserable one.

ps:Caustic Prick
Back to top Go down
Jon Davidson
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Jon Davidson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Mar - 11:58

eric hasler wrote:

'off to partake in the cactus juice... and BBQ ...'

ps:Caustic Prick
Viuda De Romero, anyone...? ( Lol...) Sincerely, Jon Davidson .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some random chondro pic's   Some random chondro pic's - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some random chondro pic's
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next