VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Dispholidus typus

Go down 
+28
Gustav Eloy
Jorg Schenkels
Stephan Niemann
Daniel von der Gablentz
Stefan Anthonijsz
Patrick Vince
Carsten Frömberg
Joni hottinen
Julian Löppenberg
Ari Finsk
Niklas Eriksson
Alexander Jackson
Anze Gratzer
Johan Pennanen
Fabian Dirks
Ralph Tümmers
Wolfgang Wüster
Christian Moisander
Benjamin Tull
Mikael Lindbom
Ronny Levin
Harold van der Ploeg
Jakob H. Christensen
Benjamin Lutz
Mario Lutz
Sven Vogler
Guenter Leitenbauer
Stefan Thomson
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 2:35

Oh my god!!!! A dream before my eyes! The colour of the eyes is just incredible!

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 3:32

Quote :
The colour of the eyes is just incredible!

You don´t live near a nuclear plant?
Stunning eyes...

Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 4:30

Congrat´s Stefan!
So amazing little Boomslang!

/ Johan
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 11:44

Thanks guys Smile
The eyes and the big round head are just lovely and the body´s coloration reminds me of a fish Razz
Hopefully they switch to pinkies without bigger complications, i have small geckos for food but a varied diet would be better and pinkies are easier to get. At late summer it´s time to introduce the male and the female again, after that regarding on success the female will get some rest time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.exotic-animals.tk
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 15:49

Congratulations buddy!

You're making me jealous here... Wink
Hopefully the rest will come out ok too and start feeding without much hassle.

That really is one killer baby. Cute as hell Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Apr - 17:40

Thank m8 Smile

Jealous? Well that would be the first time as usually when i see your collection i walk with this expression on my face Shocked
And i have you to thank of the parents anyway Smile

But it really is cute as is the other one that just hatched. We even opened a big very bad looking egg and found dead twins inside (2 snakes, not the Arnold&DeVito movie..).
I wonder if they would have been saved if i´d open the egg earlier, they even looked like they had started their first shedding...
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr - 1:42

Well 10 little boomies have hatched so far, there were few that obviously couldn´t get out of the eggs as one even managed to make few big cuts in the shell but sadly died inside.
Here´s a pic of the twins if anyone is interested:

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Boom4

Day 95 1 hatched, day 96 1 hatched, day 97 4 hatched, day 98 3 hatched and day 99 1 hatched. There´s one egg left which still seems to be ok, hopefully the next days will show.
And here´s another pic, gotta love those eyes and the tongue Smile

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Boom3
Back to top Go down
Jakob H. Christensen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jakob H. Christensen

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Apr - 18:39

Fantastic! Super cute babies Very Happy

Congrats and hopefully the babies will do fine cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.jhcreptiles.com
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 May - 20:42

Thanks,

so far so good Smile
Another egg had twins inside, this time we got 1 of them alive but it´s smaller and weaker than the rest. The first one to emerge from the eggs shed it´s skin 13 days after birth and just ate a second pinkie by itself. The rest have turned grey and possibly will shed their skin in the next few days. Hopefully the rest will start eating as good as the first one did Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May - 0:26

Sadly the one twin was a little deformed and moved very badly so it didn´t survive. But others seem to be fine, this one even chased the pinkie in my forceps around the enclosure and then took it nicely and gently Smile Like their mother, they seem to be very tame. If only they´d be harmless..

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Boomi1

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Boomi2
Back to top Go down
Guenter Leitenbauer
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Guenter Leitenbauer

Male
Number of posts : 1389
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May - 1:06

Great snakes, great photographs!
Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leitenbauer.net
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun - 1:28

Thank you Guenter Smile

Only few who refuse rodents, others take every now and then live pinkies by themselves and 1 eating machine takes everything from forceps and started to take 6gr mice already. Few have had their second shedding, hopefully they´ll settle down and start eating with good appetite Smile
Wonder what colour they´ll become as parents are black...
Back to top Go down
Anze Gratzer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anze Gratzer

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun - 2:54

i just saw that thread ... Beautiful snakes indeed, and definitely on of the "coolest" looking colubrid.
I wish you luck with turning them into feeding machines Wink

Cheers!
Anze
Back to top Go down
http://fila-brasileiro.webs.com
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun - 12:15

Thanks Anze,

definitely one of my favourite snakes Smile
Although i wouldn´t mind having Thelotornis here too, maybe in the future i´ll be lucky with that wish.
These kids are getting better every day and most have shedded for the second time now.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 12:23

A little update on these.
Some are still picky feeders as others gladly take dead 3-6gr mice left in branches or the bottom and thats nice as it´s much easier than to tease feed (it can be very hard to get these to actually bite and not only to hit the mice with closed mouth, but usually when they bite they eat it).
Few new pictures as well:

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Dtypus2

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Dtypus1

Man i wish they green eyes would stay as they get adult....
Back to top Go down
Alexander Jackson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Alexander Jackson

Male
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul - 14:52

Congrats! Very lovley babys and parents too!
I would like to have some of this sp. Very Happy

Goodluck with them!
Alex
Back to top Go down
Anze Gratzer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anze Gratzer

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep - 0:00

Stefan, how are little-ones doing? I am asking mostly about eating - do they all eat mice now, or you still have problems with feeding?

Cheers,
Anze
Back to top Go down
http://fila-brasileiro.webs.com
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep - 15:08

Thanks alexander, it´s an awesome sp. in my opinion Smile

Hi Anze, the little ones are doing fine. I have only 2 which are bad eaters, sometime eats and usually not. Others take ratpinkies with good appetite when left on a branch or on the ground. 1 which was among my best eaters (started much earlier to eat with good appetite than most) has started to refuse eating since it moved to another guy, don´t know how stressful these are at young age but metabolism seems to be pretty fast. Hopefully it´ll get back on track in time and maybe with a little help from lizards. Just seems strange as before that it ate very good and after the trip the other one has been eating as good as before. But individuals ofcourse can differ..

It´s almost time to reintroduce the male and female again, hopefully this time will also work Smile
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec - 20:53

Here's one of Stefan's babies, currently residing at my place Smile
In fact, has done so for a while now. Thanks again mate.

Dispholidus typus - Page 2 P1050237

Hate to admit it, but I forgot which sex this little cutie was. I'd like to say she, but...
Feeding this one has been easy; there's one corner in the terrarium to which I leave the food, and she will go pick it up when she feels like it.
Back to top Go down
Niklas Eriksson
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec - 22:57

Fantastic! Are the snake really that blue?

This is a species of snake I will def keep in the future!
Back to top Go down
Fabian Dirks
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Fabian Dirks

Male
Number of posts : 766
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec - 23:32

These snakes are really stunning. I have a picture taken by Dave Atkinson on my page, with very much blue color

http://www.rear-fanged.com/dispholidus.html

Will update it soon, with other coloration.

Rgds Fabian
Back to top Go down
http://www.rear-fanged.com
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec - 0:22

Veery nice pic again Christian ... and this little fella is absolutely gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec - 1:40

Np. mate, couldn´t think of a better home than there Smile And nice pic you took, glad to hear that she´s (if i remember correctly it should be a female) that easy. The rest are just as easy to have and feed Smile

That blue seems to be more like a warning colour, although more visible during the feeding when the food stretches the skin. But they definitely look great as juveniles in my opinion Smile
Fabian, looking at the colours does it really look like that or could it be photoshopped or something? Looks great Smile

The adults are doing good. Although later than last year i introduced them again last saturday and the male started chasing the female right away. Have been pretty much at work so they could have copulated many times already but gladly i was lucky to observe copulation today Smile Couldn´t get any good pics as it happened behind a branch and i didn´t want to disturb them any more, although they didn´t seem to care about me at all no matter what i did there.
So hopefully next year she´ll give me eggs and if i´m really lucky i could get something out of those Very Happy But i really hate the waiting part...
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May - 20:54

Little update on this, last night she dropped a total of 17 eggs. One was bad but 16 looked good, few were a bit bigger so maybe they´ll have twins again inside like last time if everything goes well Smile

A crappy picture of the eggs which have now been moved to the incubator, pretty surprised she didn´t lay these on the more moist side of her enclosure but instead dug a hole on the drier side...
Dispholidus typus - Page 2 IMG_8096

Now the happy waiting begins Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ari Finsk
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May - 21:13

... and we all are "thumps up" and waiting to get say hello to some amazing litlle snakes after few weeks/mths ... well done again Stefu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dispholidus typus
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next