VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Dispholidus typus

Go down 
+28
Gustav Eloy
Jorg Schenkels
Stephan Niemann
Daniel von der Gablentz
Stefan Anthonijsz
Patrick Vince
Carsten Frömberg
Joni hottinen
Julian Löppenberg
Ari Finsk
Niklas Eriksson
Alexander Jackson
Anze Gratzer
Johan Pennanen
Fabian Dirks
Ralph Tümmers
Wolfgang Wüster
Christian Moisander
Benjamin Tull
Mikael Lindbom
Ronny Levin
Harold van der Ploeg
Jakob H. Christensen
Benjamin Lutz
Mario Lutz
Sven Vogler
Guenter Leitenbauer
Stefan Thomson
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 2 May - 21:40

Woohhoo!!
Big Congrats!!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 3:10

Outstanding!

Well done. Can't wait for the new baby photos Wink
Back to top Go down
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May - 6:15

Hello,

since a few months I have a couple of adult Boomslangs too.
I have a question, did your snakes lay their eggs on the ground or you put a box in the trees?

It`s because i have a hidebox in the top of their enclosure, which was always ignored, now the female is inside there for about 2 days, only putting her head outside sometimes.
Not that she`s laying eggs and i miss that.

best regards
Julian
Back to top Go down
Joni hottinen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Joni hottinen

Male
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May - 13:19

That is fantastic! Maybe there is 1 or 2 for me too Razz
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male
Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May - 17:07

Thanks guys, hopefully all goes well Smile
I also hope that there is 1 or 2 for me Wink Maybe enough so that i could trade some and get other interesting species..

I had a hidebox and weeks before she laid the eggs she did spend much time inside, just peeking out from the hole from time to time. But i took it away because it wasn´t a good box for laying eggs (or the problem was more like how i could get the eggs out from it without destroying them). Otherwise this female hasn´t used hideboxes and very calmly/boldly waits infront of the glass for her next meal, eventhough she just ate Razz. The hidebox was on the ground as i´ve read that they usually lay eggs on the ground. Some weeks before laying the eggs she spent much time on the ground and obviously when she found a suitable place she started digging a hole that she filled up with eggs.

Hopefully your female is doing the same inside the hidebox Smile You have any pictures of your boomslangs Julian? Would love to see them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.exotic-animals.tk
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May - 18:15

That`s the same problem with my hidebox and that i can`t look inside so when they are eggs I probably see them too late.

I just have them till December and I didn`t see any mating activity and the female looks quite and is eating.

Perhaps she just like the hidebox Laughing
But I will remove it to be on the safe side.

I posted some pictures HERE

best regards
Julian
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 12 May - 22:25

Very very nice one´s. I keep my finger´s crossed for you Cool

Although there has no one´s hatched...are all already sold/promised, or do you maybe have 1 or two for sale?

Quote :
That`s the same problem with my hidebox and that i can`t look inside so when they are eggs I probably see them too late.

Here is a little tipp. I use a infra red camera. With this I can see the clutch without disturbing the snake.

Dispholidus typus - Page 3 1280_6338623330376532
Dispholidus typus - Page 3 1280_6631303739643563
Dispholidus typus - Page 3 1280_3661336530306263
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 1:15

Maybe she likes the box as you said, no harm in that Smile
Oh those are the boomies, i´ve been drooling after such right after you posted those pics. Super nice specimens you have!! Smile

I haven´t yet sold any as i first want to see them hatch, many things can go wrong. But if all goes well, i´ve promised a pair. Otherwise it´s still too soon and i´d rather first wait t ´till they hatch and start eating Smile
Thanks for the tipp, you use IR-camera for many snakes?
Back to top Go down
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 14 May - 20:58

With the camera is a good idea, you only have them at your samarensis Terrarium?

Stefan, your animals are both black? They look just incredible Smile
I was looking after black ones before i got mine, but i "only" got those Very Happy

Just mine are not quite fun to handle, they are fast as hell but don`t seem to be very agressive, only want to get away as quick as possible.
Back to top Go down
Carsten Frömberg
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun - 4:10

Hi,

I have one IR-camera and use it in serveral cages when it´s breeding time.
Until now I´ve used it for my Cerastes cerastes, Naja kaouthia and Naja samarensis.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun - 6:45

Well the idea is very good Carsten, thank you for that Smile

Julian: Yes they both are black. The male has a more "shiny" appearance than the female Smile Can´t wait to see what colours the babies get and when they start to change, one isn´t as colourful as it used to be and shedded awhile back:

Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Boom2-1

"Only" those? Razz Yeah, what can i say other than lucky you Razz They look awesome and i am jealous!
Mine aren´t even fun to handle eventhough the female is pretty easy, she´s been for years Christian Moisanders snake and he has somekind of magic touch that calmes those down Smile The male always tries to fly on any direction when handling, although i do that very rarely so he also has settled very nice.

When you get more picture, please post more Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul - 0:36

Today when i was just about to go to work, i checked the eggs to see that 4 little buggers have hatched today Smile Fifth one was on the way so hopefully there´ll be more surprises when i get back home, i just hate to be at work now Very Happy I´ll post pictures later, they´re really cute when they are small, colourfull and defensive..
Back to top Go down
Julian Löppenberg
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Julian Löppenberg

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul - 4:27

Thats what i call a good advice, congrats Very Happy

I really hope when i got my established i make it to breed them one day too.

How many times you accomplished to breed them and how big were the clutches the last times?
Back to top Go down
Anze Gratzer
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Anze Gratzer

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul - 7:55

Yeeeey Stefan! Great work! Very Happy
So happy ... let us know the final result Razz

Cheers!
Anze
Back to top Go down
http://fila-brasileiro.webs.com
Christian Moisander
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Christian Moisander

Male
Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul - 7:42

What can I say... you're the man. Awesome job with this species, I tip my imaginary hat to you. Fantastic.
Now then, where the heck are the photos?! Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 1:39

Thanks guys!
Hopefully you´ll succeed inbreeding these too. Would love to see how the colours go when they grow from different coloured parents Smile
This is only the second time that i´ve bred these, now from the newest clutch there´s 5 out of eggs and 8 eggs left. Few have opened the eggs but are still too shy to come out Wink

Hopefully final result gives me 8 babies more but for now i have to wait, which is easy as always Very Happy

Thx Christian, although i should tip many imaginary hats for you considering the results you´ve had with many species. What was it, puniceus master? Atheris master? Wink
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 16:09

Well this time the result wasn´t as good as i hoped, the 5 that hatched are the only survivors from this clutch. Other ones had died inside their eggs eventhough some had opened the egg by themselves, pretty strange. This time i used a real incubator but obviously next time i won´t use. But the 5 seem to be active and healthy so i ain´t complaining, if i find another female from the same locality i can try again but i´ll let this female rest for a year Smile
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 17:33

Here´s some new pictures. These ones seem to be much calmer and i could take pictures without them huffing puffing and flying around. Hopefully feeding would be as easy too Smile

Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Booms2

Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Booms3

Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Booms4
Back to top Go down
Patrick Vince
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 17:42

Gorgeous !
Congrats.
Back to top Go down
Johan Pennanen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Johan Pennanen

Male
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 17:49

WIII Stefan!
Congrats!!! Very Happy

/ Johan
Back to top Go down
Stefan Anthonijsz
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Stefan Anthonijsz

Male
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug - 1:17

Hahaha, these animals look so funny and cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug - 17:14

Thanks guys!
Haha, they really do look funny and cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stefan Thomson
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Stefan Thomson

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug - 20:01

These seem alittle better as the first one already ate a pinkie without any forcefeeding or scenting, only needed to tease it alittle but that´s always better than forcefeeding imho Smile Hopefully the rest will follow and keep it up so that some could possibly find their way to hamm.
Back to top Go down
Daniel von der Gablentz
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper

Male
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug - 21:25

they look very intressting to me!
the green eyes look so cool!

Congrats for the clutch
Back to top Go down
Stephan Niemann
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Aug - 23:59

congrats stefan on those beautys those eyes are increible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dispholidus typus   Dispholidus typus - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dispholidus typus
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next