VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!

Go down 
+16
Derek Morgan
Rob Deans
Petter Albinson
Peter Pastor
Karsten Hoer
Tomas Bublik
Michael Bollhorn
Frank Weinsheimer
Gavin Carpenter
Christian Moisander
Craig Van Rensburg
Andrew Hacket
Stefan Thomson
Markus Luder
Mario Lutz
Samuel Li
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 22:12

Hey Samuel,

sorry, I wanted to write "if you visit your partner next time", don´t know why I wrote "your parents". I phoned with my parents last time I wrote the message. Seems I was a little bit confused.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Mario Lutz
Lord of the Serpents
Lord of the Serpents
Mario Lutz

Male
Number of posts : 1416
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep - 22:50

lol - confused frank!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.venomland.org
Gavin Carpenter
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 12:49

Those snakes are just unbelievable!! You are killing me showing me all those pics!! I think I have to rob a bank to be able to buy some though!!
Cheers
Gavin
Back to top Go down
Petter Albinson

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 20:12

Congratulations! This is one of the most fabulous snakes in the world.
Thank you for showing us the beauties and sharing the information about husbandry and breeding.

On breeding them in Europe: Andreas Gumprecht also did breed them some years ago. There are an article about that in some old issue of Sauria.

Petter
Back to top Go down
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 22:41

Hi Petter,

the "breeding" of Andreas Gumprecht was only by a gravid imported female, like he said in his article. The guy from Switzerland had a real breeding success with them, as far as I know.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Petter Albinson

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep - 23:00

Ok. My bad.
My german isn´t what I would want it to be. Obviously some things get lost in translation...

Thank you for clearing that out.

Petter
Back to top Go down
Samuel Li
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Samuel Li

Male
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Sep - 2:58

Here are some pictures i found off the internet from people who have hiked on Mt Mang Nature Reserve.

http://www.fs-car.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardID=10&ID=66317&page=1

This is a video of people hiking there:
http://womnn.goodod.com/mv/11/hnms.wmv

Here is a pic I found of a screen capture of a program on Chinese tv about the person who discovered the first snake and about them in their natural habitat. He lives on the mountain inside the protected area and collects gravid females and then releases the babies into the wild.
Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 112a6d10
Back to top Go down
http://www.zoocon.com/Herps
Frank Weinsheimer
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Frank Weinsheimer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Sep - 16:49

Hello Samuel,

thank you, that helps a lot. Especially the picture with the Zhaoermia on it. If the photographer didn´t put the snake on that place, it is one of the pictures I´ve looked for. You can see the Vipers live in the part with the deciduous trees and not as I mentioned before in the part with the coniferans (or maybe both).
If I´m able to get my hands on some, that helps to build a natural looking cage for them.

Best regards

Frank
Back to top Go down
Rob Deans
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Rob Deans

Male
Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep - 23:49

Truly amazing landscape in those pics.
Back to top Go down
Derek Morgan
Snakemaster
Snakemaster
Derek Morgan

Male
Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep - 6:26

The species is just insanely beautiful!!! I'd kill to see something like that in my snakeroom, haha! Good work and best of luck with them Samuel!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arborealvipers.com

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar - 9:28

Derek did you know Dan at DTS Herp. had a few avalible? I have not inquired in a few weeks but if your interested give'em a call.

Thanks

TJS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pierre-yves vaucher
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
pierre-yves vaucher

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov - 11:34

so so nice !!!!! I discover this species, THANK'S
In your page, you write
Quote :
The eggs measure approximately 35cm x 5.5cm
I suppose you forget the
Quote :
Laughing
The adult are really 200 cm long ??? What about the venom ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.batraciens-reptiles.com
BradMiller
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
BradMiller

Male
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov - 3:55

Hi Samuel

Lovely snakes you have.

Looks like from what you described I should have no problem keeping Mangshans here in South Africa.

Looking to import some soon....
Back to top Go down
Jaroslav Karhánek
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jaroslav Karhánek

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov - 0:54

derek:
Quote :
I'd kill to see something like that in my snakeroom, haha!
I would prefer it in the wild:)

This is one the the most beautiful snakes in the world!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bushmaster.estranky.cz/
Gustav Eloy
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Gustav Eloy

Male
Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul - 8:57

mr samuel congratulations with this mangshan vipers, theyr are with no doubt one of the most amazing snakes in the world, by the way how are they doing today, any new,
best regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!   Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zhaoermia mangshanensis CB!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2